Now in testing - Reap what you Sow

4 hours ago, locojacob said:

When will the full update be ready? And when will it stop being beta?

this is just my opinion but i hope the full update comes out on december 31st (or december 23rd so klei employees can celebrate christmas)

the more time it takes the better 

4 hours ago, Pikapikap said:

Maybe next Thursday

I doubt beta will end that soon but we can only hope!

4 hours ago, stranger again said:

this is just my opinion but i hope the full update comes out on december 31st (or december 23rd so klei employees can celebrate christmas)

the more time it takes the better 

Heresy....

So what will happen to the farms I have made at my base when the update drops? Will they disappear along with all the resources? Will they stay as a structure at my base but I wont be able to make any new ones? Or will they self-destruct when I log in leaving the resources behind?

I need to know if I should hammer my 100+ farms now or leave em

Hm... I'm iffy on this update.

As a Wurt player, I'm really looking foward to more farmed food. But I do wish it were a bit simpler? I'd like to leave my base for extended periods provided I can amass the food. This kinda tethers you to your base. It also takes a lot of pre-planning, which I enjoy, but new players will be mired in.

As for Wicker, I agree with some other commenters, it should grow all plants but in a smaller radius.

Thoughts?

7 hours ago, jpmrocks said:

So after really messing around with the Beta, one thing for Wormwood I really would like to see is a Plant Log Diary for Wormwood. That way he can still access the Plant Log without needing a Gardineer Helmet.

I'm all in favor of a little love being given to Wormwood with this update. I'm super happy with it to be sure, but Wormwood should be getting some little extras. I use to only play him because I like to build huge farms. 

8 hours ago, jpmrocks said:

Plant Log Diary

i like the sentiment but Wormwood is a bundle of vines around a gem. he cant read or write wouldnt make much sense for him to run around with a journal. I think it was @QuartzBeam who said that Wormwood's knowledge of plants is entirely intuitive not scientific and i 100% agree. Again, i agree with the sentiment but i dont think a diary is the way to go, and im not sure atm how else it could be implemented.

Also any gardeneer hat/plant log type of perk would be kind of trivial, since you only need to research plants once in ur life lol and the hat has no durability anyway so you only ever need to make 1. the log is saved and carried over between games like the cookbook. It would be nice if his "research" was more effective than that of others, revealing two bits of information instead of one. but again that would only come into play once. strictly for convenience sake it would be nice if he had a button on the UI that opened the log so he didnt have to wear the hat but idk 

• Idk if a satisfactory perk in this regard can be made since the farming system was not really made with him in mind and now it feels like trying to fit an odd shaped puzzle piece (Wormwood) into the puzzle (new farming)

--

If anything it should be Wickerbottom's Horticulture, Abridged that functions like a pseudo gardeneer hat somehow or not. 

Y'know I've been thinking about it and well, I think I'm actually going to miss those old farms one way or another. Gave me a lot of memories of making cool bases with them and laughing about how tedious it was to make them, so I'll be sad to see them go in full release of the update.

23 hours ago, Simens said:

So what will happen to the farms I have made at my base when the update drops? Will they disappear along with all the resources? Will they stay as a structure at my base but I wont be able to make any new ones? Or will they self-destruct when I log in leaving the resources behind?

I need to know if I should hammer my 100+ farms now or leave em

Does anyone know about this?

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

i like the sentiment but Wormwood is a bundle of vines around a gem. he cant read or write wouldnt make much sense for him to run around with a journal. I think it was @QuartzBeam who said that Wormwood's knowledge of plants is entirely intuitive not scientific and i 100% agree. Again, i agree with the sentiment but i dont think a diary is the way to go, and im not sure atm how else it could be implemented.

Also any gardeneer hat/plant log type of perk would be kind of trivial, since you only need to research plants once in ur life lol and the hat has no durability anyway so you only ever need to make 1. the log is saved and carried over between games like the cookbook. It would be nice if his "research" was more effective than that of others, revealing two bits of information instead of one. but again that would only come into play once. strictly for convenience sake it would be nice if he had a button on the UI that opened the log so he didnt have to wear the hat but idk 

• Idk if a satisfactory perk in this regard can be made since the farming system was not really made with him in mind and now it feels like trying to fit an odd shaped puzzle piece (Wormwood) into the puzzle (new farming)

--

If anything it should be Wickerbottom's Horticulture, Abridged that functions like a pseudo gardeneer hat somehow or not. 

I feel youre taking realism too far, seeing as a 10 year old girl uses her dead sister to fight, a pyromaniac orphan has a demon fighting teddybear, and a rose loving half shadow stage performing mistress (to a shriveled prune of a man who read an Aztec book once and caused all the events of the game to happen, as well as the dissapearance of a famous actress, the San Francisco Earthquake) is now ruling a world where the moon is trying to kill demons.

It's an idea. Wormwood already has perks from the Premium Gardeneer Hat, being able to see exactly whats wrong with the plants, thus he doesnt need a Gardeneer hat to begin with, outside of the Plant Knowledge. Heck, give him the ability to passive right click anywhere to bring up plant knowledge. It useless to have Wormwood not need the Ancient Gardeneer Helmet, and then still make him need the basic one because he cant check knowledge on plants without making the thing he's supposed to not need. Wormwood's farming perks really at this point should be he is a walking Premium Gardeneer Helmet, I'd even be game for giving him the Premium's ability to see Nutrients. 

It's an idea, dont take it so hard.

4 hours ago, Simens said:

Does anyone know about this?

I think they explode into materials.

2 minutes ago, jpmrocks said:

I dont think im taking it hard :D Wormwood is my favorite character and i love plant/gardening stuff so i like to think about this type of stuff. My intention was and is to operate within the existing constraints of Wormwood's character and theme (not at all realism lol). to swipe that aside in order to make quick and easy perks isnt what DST is about in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Ohan said:

I dont think im taking it hard :D Wormwood is my favorite character and i love plant/gardening stuff so i like to think about this type of stuff. My intention was and is to operate within the existing constraints of Wormwood's character and theme (not at all realism lol). to swipe that aside in order to make quick and easy perks isnt what DST is about in my opinion. 

Dont Starve doesnt even do that. Willow was given a teddy bear out of no where 7 years after the fact and a trailer that explained it. They could literally just have a trailer that could say "Wormwood knows how to read and write" and it would fit.

49 minutes ago, jpmrocks said:

Dont Starve doesnt even do that. Willow was given a teddy bear out of no where 7 years after the fact and a trailer that explained it. They could literally just have a trailer that could say "Wormwood knows how to read and write" and it would fit.

DS does exactly that. Giving an orphan girl a teddy bear seems a lot more in-character than making the dude whos examination quotes are mostly one-word gibberish a scientific author lol. 

Anyway ultimately klei has the final word on this and we'll both have to wait and see what they want to do to him :apple:

1 hour ago, Ohan said:

DS does exactly that. Giving an orphan girl a teddy bear seems a lot more in-character than making the dude whos examination quotes are mostly one-word gibberish a scientific author lol. 

Anyway ultimately klei has the final word on this and we'll both have to wait and see what they want to do to him :apple:

Also, Willow has always had the teddy bear in her portrait.

Klei will you be bringing this new farming system over to Don't Starve? Even though I enjoy DST and play it just as much, I really do enjoy the vanilla version and it's DLCs, I'd really love to see these added to the game, especially in DLCS like Hamlet and Shipwrecked. 

2 hours ago, GlommerGoop64 said:

Klei will you be bringing this new farming system over to Don't Starve? Even though I enjoy DST and play it just as much, I really do enjoy the vanilla version and it's DLCs, I'd really love to see these added to the game, especially in DLCS like Hamlet and Shipwrecked. 

I kinda doubt they'll port that stuff to DS, since they're eyes are very focused on DST over DS... As sad as it sounds, I think DS is now an abandoned project. Though, who knows?

32 minutes ago, Mantas said:

I kinda doubt they'll port that stuff to DS, since they're eyes are very focused on DST over DS... As sad as it sounds, I think DS is now an abandoned project. Though, who knows?

Isn't DS a complete project though? DST is a direct sequel to DS after all.

Archived