Your Christmas list to Klei

1. A cure/ prevention for disease

2. If possible, Walani from shipwreck, she's such a good fit now with the return of them contents

3.4.5. wishing everyone at Klei a happy holidays, take care of your health and spend some time with your family :yaypigs:

What if we just say to add DS DLC characters (AKA: Warbucks, Wheeler, Wilba (if people care about that bootleg Darla Dimple), Wagstaff, Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs (If people even care about him)

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF KIEL GIVE WES AN ACTUAL UPDATE THAT WILL MAKE HIM BETTER!

or fix woodie i really still am salty they took away wood eating and sanity from trees it's just not the same. :cry:

1 hour ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

fix woodie they took away wood eating and sanity from trees it's just not the same. :cry:

Spoiler

This is personal opinion: I actually think the new rework fits Woodie more, I mean yes he turns into weird new mutations- Ignore that part and focus on what’s important, he is Crazed Lumberjack who gets his kicks off on chopping down a forest of tree’s with his infinite durability Axe.

But more importantly the eating of tree’s as Beaver was such a Single Player Feature, they wanted Woodie to fit the roll of being a good wood resource gatherer in Multiplayer and if he continued to EAT the wood then other players couldn’t go behind him and pick up what he destroyed in his wake.

For Example I have a friend who plays Woodie my friend is genuinely pretty bad at the game and goes around chopping down Trees just because he has an infinite durability Axe & can chop faster-

Now let’s completely ignore my friends personal skill level and let’s just say they die, get bored as ghost, leave- But in their wake there are a bazillion Conveniently left loose logs all over everywhere that 4 Winters in I’m still using to my convenience when I need to pick a few up.

It allowed Woodie to be useful even if the player playing him could only chop wood & then die.

Had the Eat Wood feature still been in the game he probably would’ve also eaten that same wood he chopped down that I’m using to my personal advantage whenever he isn’t in the server anymore.

Now as far as regaining sanity when planting trees goes that perk never made any sense to me since he enjoys mass tree Murder they gave that perk to Wormwood.. but I guess you can pretend Woodie was “Happy” to plant a new tree knowing he could just come back later and chop it down?

It is your Christmas list though- so wish whatever you want so long as it’s reasonable- maybe they can provide pre-rework woodie in a mode that lets you play DST as it was before Return of Them & Character reworks? I’m not sure how many people would actually play that though.

51 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they fixed him with the rework xD

I know I just am still missing the sanity effect, I spend hours planting trees and just enjoying cutting and replanting. That's why I played Woodie, he was easy for me to get ajusted to while I play DST, yeah he's better but I just miss the funny jokes I got to do calling him "Beaver man"

I won't put mountains because they would be too big for a wish list, but the only other things that I truly want that can be put in easily is:

A beach biome. I want palm trees, tiger shark, and sand turf. It doesn't need to be big.

Some sort of way to fly. I want a way to quickly move around the world besides beefalo.

Bigfoot.

22 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

1. Winter's Feast outfits for the 5 new characters
2. An overhaul to farming
3. A fat nerf to character swapping
4. An upside to Winona/Warly that don't involve creations
5. More character reworks

Apologies for being greedy but it's skin related so I'll call it 1.5

1.5. These skins to be weavable:
image.png.fe45d9b65334d95be5c916e7dd51cff7.pngSkins/Event - Don't Starve Wiki

5 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Apologies for being greedy but it's skin related so I'll call it 1.5

1.5. These skins to be weavable:
image.png.fe45d9b65334d95be5c916e7dd51cff7.pngSkins/Event - Don't Starve Wiki

if you ask for too much you might just instead get charcoal so beware 

i have not gave my own winters feast list to klei because i don't want much from them.i like them just the way they are but i guess ill give my list 

1.this one has already bean said but i wish the klei team take a well deserved break and hope they enjoy their break 

2.more advertising for DST.i just more people to know about the amazing game that is DST

3.a crossover.it could be with any game but i just want DST to crossover with another game in the future

4.i wish the weekly klei art streams come back.i personally never watched them but i know people would be happy if the streams return.

5.i wish klei restock their shop.i personally can't buy from the klei shop but i know a lot of people want the shops to be restocked so im with them 

most of what i asked for isn't much expect the crossover one 

k hope you all have a wonderful day or night wherever you are in the world.

I don't really have a list but since people are asking for Walani I'll just say I would greatly appreciate Woodlegs over Walani. The fact that you can fairly easily live at sea but the character designed to live at sea hasn't been added yet is weird. I would think it's part of the plan to add him within this chain of updates but just in case it isn't, here's a vote for Woodlegs.

Most of all I would want Winter Feast to bring alternative skins for some of these:

1) Insulated Pack;

2) Scaled Chest;

3) Moggles;

4) Rain Coat;

5) Hibearnation Vest.

Spoiler

And, perhaps, even Bee Queen Crown, Weather Pain, Bush Hat, Chilled Amulet, Snurtle Shell Armor, and Moon Rock Walls.

19 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Most of all I would want Winter Feast to bring alternative skins for some of these:

1) Insulated Pack;

2) Scaled Chest;

3) Moggles;

4) Rain Coat;

5) Hibearnation Vest.

Hide contents

And, perhaps, even Bee Queen Crown, Weather Pain, Bush Hat, Chilled Amulet, Snurtle Shell Armor, and Moon Rock Walls.

+111111111111111111

36 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

1) Insulated Pack;

2) Scaled Chest;

3) Moggles;

4) Rain Coat;

5) Hibearnation Vest.

Hide contents

Please oh please! I want an Insulated Pack or Hibearnation Vest Skin so much! A scaled chest skin would be cool too, I like the default look but I'd love some new looks.

1. 64-bit version for Windows.
  2. Pipe Gate to match Pipe Fencing and this little graphic fix so it matches the splash art and my fantasy:7l2wt65.png
  3. Some care for disease mechanic, so it doesn't make base builders turn it off in world setup.
  4. Some care for Klei Rewards, I was so enthusiastic at the time it was introduced, but it flopped neglected...
    Also the stone collection would be so marvelous to find in Klei Rewards sometime, although unlikely.
    8jH74Qz.pngrose_firepit.png.207bacfa91b37a33d6d536aCarved_Stone_Torch_Icon.png.36f9183e1903
  5. A pair of warm Christmas socks for everyone at Klei, so they know their work is appreciated.

I don't have much on my mind right now besides a bigger variety of merchandise like enamel pins and stickers (how cool would a 2021 DS themed calander be?) 

Klei has been so generous and consistent with content this year, even through the pandemic and all. I definetly wouldn't mind if they took a well deserved break. :wilson_smile:

(Edit: One more thing I just thought of! You know the toast emote, right? It's always been odd to me that characters don't say something when they give a toast. A simple "Cheers!" or maybe a unique quote for each character would be a nice touch.)

@Dr. Safety I too would like for the Tiny Gingerbread storage box to be weaveable/purchasable but I didn’t mention that one in my list because I sort of figured that given that Klei gave Creepy Cauldron and Macabre Birdcage this year, that This would obviously be part of the WinterFeast items available.

Another skin I would like to see on Klei Rewards is the Thermal Stone Skin, I think items that players use and use often should be what gets the most attention when it comes to skins, (Until the new Twitch Drop Version I had never built the Telecoator Focus I always stopped at Shadow Manipulator.. in fact- The Halloween build I made for the Halloween event was the first time I ever made that thing.. and I probably won’t EVER be able to kill Dragonfly again to craft another Scaled Furnace) My point is that many of the things Klei makes skins for only the most advanced knowledgeable players are going to be able to use. 

Some of the more Recent skins however (Mad Moxxi Top Hat, Ooze Machine Science Machine) Those are things even the most noob of players will be crafting and crafting often. Thermal Stone would be high up on that list, Its another item I didn’t include in my wishlist simply because I figure it’ll show up on Klei Rewards someday eventually anyway.

Speaking of my List I guess you could maybe even combine Walani & Palm Trees into one wish, she Could have a skin that lets you Clean Sweep Existing Birchnut Trees to look like the Palm Tree’s.

Just with the Clean Sweeper existing it kicks open so many doors for previously impossible skin possibilities.

Archived