Out of Stock Plushies

Hello!

I was browsing the Klei store for merch, as I’m a complete nerd, and I noticed that the Chester Plush has been out of stock for some time. Naturally, when I saw this I turned to that dark corner of the internet that we all turn to buy stuff that’s out of stock. (eBay) I found several listings for a Chester Plush. However, upon closer inspection, I found that the descriptions for these items are... well, they’re a little off-putting. One description literally praises the majesty and beauty of China. The others contain so many misspellings that anyone who has been around the internet for more than a day would think twice about purchasing them. What are the chances that some of the out of stock plushies will return? Trying to get an idea of what’s to come before Christmas gets here. Thanks for all you guys and gals over at Klei do. You have a fan for a life. 

9A7EB36D-ACE7-4509-A798-2C677F696FAA.png

33D5EFAD-5808-4FC8-A3FE-14A833485B7E.png

I want them all, all of them, I'm asking for restock dates every 3 months or so on a topic and we still have no details. :( I understand that it might be complicated to get a production line and shipping thing, I don't know much about it but I have money to spend on that kind of stuff, Klei :wilsondisappointed:

There are a few issues. First our high quality demands make things difficult. Making sure all the proper materials are available at the right quantities at the right time is a bit of a challenge on its own.

On top of that, we are also no longer manufacturing through our original source. Chester was really our first foray into real merch and a lot has changed since then. In addition we also have the global pandemic and a lot of other things going on that make it rather difficult. 

We're also not a merch business and we don't have a huge demand for anything we make. So when we do, we have to do them in batches that sit in a warehouse until they sell out. We don't make much money from merch because our quality demands are so high we maintain pretty thin margins to try to keep prices as reasonable as we can given the circumstances.

But we are very aware that people would like us to restock and we're working on it. But I wouldn't expect anything to change much any time soon. 

15 minutes ago, JoeW said:

There are a few issues. First our high quality demands make things difficult. Making sure all the proper materials are available at the right quantities at the right time is a bit of a challenge on its own.

On top of that, we are also no longer manufacturing through our original source. Chester was really our first foray into real merch and a lot has changed since then. In addition we also have the global pandemic and a lot of other things going on that make it rather difficult. 

We're also not a merch business and we don't have a huge demand for anything we make. So when we do, we have to do them in batches that sit in a warehouse until they sell out. We don't make much money from merch because our quality demands are so high we maintain pretty thin margins to try to keep prices as reasonable as we can given the circumstances.

But we are very aware that people would like us to restock and we're working on it. But I wouldn't expect anything to change much any time soon. 

If the depth dweller plush ever got restocked I would love to purchase one! I'm sure my glommer, calico chester and crabbit would love another friend. >.<

10 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

If the depth dweller plush ever got restocked I would love to purchase one! I'm sure my glommer, calico chester and crabbit would love another friend. >.<

if your house happens to get robbed, make sure to protect the actually important things. Like glommer and chester. Forget the Crabbit, it's just gonna grow up to be a jerk like its father.

15 hours ago, JoeW said:

can i ask if you guys are going to do more funko pop figures? i would love to see the other characters getting one. especially warly and wolfgang :D

Perhaps Klei would benefit from doing pre-orders for the merch so they know how much to make that will 100% sell right away and then get a little extra to lower the cost and put at the store.

It'd be like how they sell stuff on Kickstarter where a minimum quota is needed to be reached to sell the product. if the messaging is clear then the customers should understand.

Of course account for the percentage of lost orders and stuff and split the price on top of the cost of each item as well. Standard stuff. Oh, also add a code for something like a skin with each item.

19 hours ago, JoeW said:

Thanks for the update, Joe. :)

Archived