Why does Winona have so many skins?

It might have a lot to do with shes the sister of the games villain.. or maybe it’s because she’s another playable female Character and there wasn’t a very many female characters in the game back then?

It could also most likely be because she does not have any extra Animations like Wilson & Webber growing a Beard, Wormwood blooming, Woodie transforming into Wereforms etc..

But for what its worth, I actually Like to play as Winona just because no one else really cares to play as her.

1 minute ago, Brubs said:

I get those are Winona's skins, but you can still use them on any character you like!

Lately i've found myself using lots of non specific skins on every character.

Not the heads though, although it would be cool if we could equip the face cover in other characters. The one social distancing Winona has.

Hi Brubsy btw.

I'm assuming they probably really wanted to beef up Winona's line of skins to make her seem like she blends in with the core cast, instead of looking barren and out of place. Obviously they can't really do this with the newer characters anymore, as there are just WAY too many skins that'd have to be done, with some characters being way harder than others to make skins for. I'm talking about Wormwood, by the way. That's about Wormwood. 

As much as I love that Klei has FINALLY realized skins should take the back seat, and not the front seat, I do think that once we got to a point where major updates and refreshes aren't going to be as plentiful, it'd be nice to see all of the new members of our cast get some more skins. 

Even tho I love winona, I don't understand either. She's not the poster character for dst or even an S class character. I dare to say as of now she's still very mediocre compared to everyone else (it pains me to even say it) I'd like to see the skins evening out possibly in the future (or give her a real perk worthy of 13 skins and no sewing tape and 0.5 faster crafting doesn't count i'm sorry)

27 minutes ago, bitcrushed_rage said:As much as I love that Klei has FINALLY realized skins should take the back seat, and not the front seat, I do think that once we got to a point where major updates and refreshes aren't going to be as plentiful, it'd be nice to see all of the new members of our cast get some more skins. 

??? Skins are actually being given MORE Attention then they used to in the past, we now have a very specific item (Clean Sweeper) that allows us to reskin items that otherwise.. had no way of Reskinning them! I’m eagerly awaiting that Gothic looking Sisturn Skin...

But see, that’s where you guys are getting this game all mixed up, these Skins is where ALL of Klei’s Profit is coming from.. I paid what 15$ for this game new I think?? I have paid twice over that on just cosmetic belonging items alone.

But I love the skins, I love Willows more gothic Lighter, I love being able to change the Abigail Flower or make Pigman houses into Candiana Log Cabins.. Hell I would buy a skin set for WALANI that just came with different design skins for her Surfboards.

But as long as Klei is making profit, they can continue to update the game with these completely free changes like Return of Them and Mays QoL update.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

??? Skins are actually being given MORE Attention then they used to in the past, we now have a very specific item (Clean Sweeper) that allows us to reskin items that otherwise.. had no way of Reskinning them! I’m eagerly awaiting that Gothic looking Sisturn Skin...

But see, that’s where you guys are getting this game all mixed up, these Skins is where ALL of Klei’s Profit is coming from.. I paid what 15$ for this game new I think?? I have paid twice over that on just cosmetic belonging items alone.

But I love the skins, I love Willows more gothic Lighter, I love being able to change the Abigail Flower or make Pigman houses into Candiana Log Cabins.. Hell I would buy a skin set for WALANI that just came with different design skins for her Surfboards.

But as long as Klei is making profit, they can continue to update the game with these completely free changes like Return of Them and Mays QoL update.

I'm talking about character skins, more than item skins. I do very much enjoy the love that's been given to item skins, and the new possibilities, but I was just pointing out that new character skins for the new additions to the cast have been very very scarce. Make no mistake, I'm super into skins. I'm a skin collector. (Albeit, I came in a bit late, and now there are some skins I could NEVER get...) I've given Klei many a buck for skins, and I'll probably continue to do so.

dontstarve_steam_2020-05-11_16-13-54.thumb.png.d41dcd63e3ee0c80802dbb988ee046b9.png

I just find it a bit of a shame that characters like Warly or Wormwood only have 3-4 skins, despite the amazing potential of what could be done with their designs. Is that guy who wants the Warly chef skins around? Hello Warly chef skin guy

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I must say I really like all of your ideas. I can definitely see Klei releasing Sisturn re-skins or a new Wendy/Abigail skin for Wendy's and Abigail's birthday. I must say I am quite disappointed Wormwood got nothing for his birthday tho, maybe he will with Walter's update?

I think its because their vision for her was to be a sort of female main protagonist / Wilson counterpart, so they were loading her up with a lot of skins to catch her up to long time characters.  Make her fit in with the main cast as if she had always been there.

If I remember correctly - she was before all of the planned additional characters happened.  She was kinda a 1-off add to the cast.  Since then they've done DLC characters, and I know they hold back on DLC character skins because they don't want to come off as being money hungry...  although since you can weave any character pretty easily I think they're totally wrong to hold back.

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I think its because their vision for her was to be a sort of female main protagonist / Wilson counterpart, so they were loading her up with a lot of skins to catch her up to long time characters.  Make her fit in with the main cast as if she had always been there.

If I remember correctly - she was before all of the planned additional characters happened.  She was kinda a 1-off add to the cast.  Since then they've done DLC characters, and I know they hold back on DLC character skins because they don't want to come off as being money hungry...  although since you can weave any character pretty easily I think they're totally wrong to hold back.

I doubt that because most of their art still puts Willow next to Wilson when they only have characters. Like the current beard update just has the two rafting when logging in.

16 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

Like Jesus Christ Wormwood only has 3.

Wormwood has 4 stages of skins to draw for each head and torso skin they add, so it's a lot more work than making skins for the more..."normal" cast.

Spoiler

Trust me, it's a nightmare for me to compile all of Wormwood's skins into one Spriter Project...I have to basically merge 10+ separate projects into one coherent file...and that's just for the static images! Wormwood and Wolfgang are basically the reason why I didn't make animated skin refs. :wilson_ecstatic:

Then again basically all of the newly added characters haven't gotten any attention with new skins.

Archived