Jump to content

Don't Starve Together: Challenges and Starve Pass


Recommended Posts

91663935_2406179482816896_15594103950498

One of the things I miss most about Don't Starve Together is the presence of challenges. Unlike consoles the Steam version does not present this system. 
It would be very interesting to create goals for the players. Missions ranging from easy to difficult level. That you're going to need hours of play and a lot of teamwork. For example: Kill 50 koalefant... Kill 30 Bee Queen... Survive 1000 days.... Kill 1000 butterfly...Kill a beefalo using only a walkcane. 

With this system there could even be a 'battle pass' to encourage players to conquer missions. But in fact, Don't Starve is not a game targeted at this BP system. With adaptations it would be cool to win special skins only by playing. (Not only through direct purchase or randomization) It would have a pass with a paid level, and another with a free one.
Where it would be released from time to time BP with varied themes.  My dream since released the skins for Don't Starve Together is to see a summer or steampunk collection of characters. With this system this would be possible.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, zVince said:

91663935_2406179482816896_15594103950498

One of the things I miss most about Don't Starve Together is the presence of challenges. Unlike consoles the Steam version does not present this system. 
It would be very interesting to create goals for the players. Missions ranging from easy to difficult level. That you're going to need hours of play and a lot of teamwork. 

With this system there could even be a 'battle pass' to encourage players to conquer missions. 
But in fact, Don't Starve is not a game targeted at this BP system. But with adaptations it would be cool to win special skins only by playing. 

we have a lot of skins drop (more than i think klei should give)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

we have a lot of skins drop (more than i think klei should give)

I know. Klei is very generous on this issue. But I mean in having skins for several characters with different themes. Imagine a Battle Pass themed summer, or winter, or gears....  It would be a way of get skins not by randomness or direct purchase. It would just be playing,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, zVince said:

I know. Klei is very generous on this issue. But I mean in having skins for several characters with different themes. Imagine a Battle Pass themed summer, or winter, or gears.... 
 

if is with real money yes they could bring that or changing the actual system for a missions system but im happy with the state of the skins.

its kleis work to see what is more convinient for the bussiness.

Still being a good idea, dont miss understand me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really dislike pass systems, makes everything feels like a chore (at least for me) and I have seen my friends forcing themselves to play a game they aren't having fun with just to get progress in the pass. I would only be in favor of a pass system if it was necessary to keep the game alive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pruinae said:

I really dislike pass systems, makes everything feels like a chore (at least for me) and I have seen my friends forcing themselves to play a game they aren't having fun with just to get progress in the pass. I would only be in favor of a pass system if it was necessary to keep the game alive.

that is called adiction, companies know it (mostly in phone games but in pc/play/xbx are starting to use it), giving rewards (the chemical bait) to force traffic in their games and eventually the player will pay for something so win/win

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m usually not a fan of April fools jokes, but this one had some pretty high effort into it, so I’m pleased.
 

Also, I know the challenges are a joke, but I feel like the beefalo walking cane one is far easier then the others : P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

not the terrible battle royal style.. even though this is a joke.. if it's not IT BETTER BE!

 

On 4/1/2020 at 11:47 AM, Blunderbuss said:

Even if this weren't april fools. I've always been put off by useless posts saying something like "NO GOD NO" or whatever, it doesn't contribute and it's rude. 

 

Honestly, a system like this isnt that far from what we have, difference is it's more of a metagame

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel like a system like this could only plausibly work if the challenges were only available on Klei hosted servers, but those things have so few slots and only so many of them exist, wouldn't want to put anymore unnecessary strain on their servers. 

(plus I think battle passes are over saturated/over-used, but if it simply must be added, I won't object.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...