Thoughts about upcoming Wendy rework

55 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

She also has one while examining Firefly Biome lava pool, “I could Jump in and be Done.”

I think she had one once upon a long time ago for the Razor too but Klei must have removed that one..? 

I love Wendy’s Quotes and I hope they don’t change them up TOO Much.. :( 

Don't starve, the game with suicidal 9 year olds. 

Spoiler

Jokes aside I hope the survivors treated Wendy, or in the real world she gets some Help therapy wise, since that's actually kind of heart breaking to hear a 8-10 year old say. Especially with her small excitment to kill things. ;-;

(Cut Grass- "I like to kill small things.".)

17 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Don't starve, the game with suicidal 9 year olds. 

Reveal hidden contents

Jokes aside I hope the survivors treated Wendy, or in the real world she gets some Help therapy wise, since that's actually kind of heart breaking to hear a 8-10 year old say. Especially with her small excitment to kill things. ;-;

(Cut Grass- "I like to kill small things.".)

Well to be fair, don’t starve the game is rated 13+ so it’s not exactly intended for little children to be playing it. 

I love the way Wendy personality is Morbid, Dark & Creepy, She’s not afraid of thoughts of death and isn’t scared of ghosts.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

She also has one while examining Firefly Biome lava pool, “I could Jump in and be Done.”

I think she had one once upon a long time ago for the Razor too but Klei must have removed that one..? 

I love Wendy’s Quotes and I hope they don’t change them up TOO Much.. :( 

I love Wendy's quotes! They are all so depressing, but they fit her character. 

Also, I found it!:

Wendy:

MagmaMagma- "I could jump in and be done."

Abigail's strength should depend on what you sacrifice.

-Small mobs like rabbits or butterflies- Abigails arrives a small, baby ghost

-Medium mobs like spiders- Normal Abigail

-Big mobs like Pigs or Beefalos- Strong Abigail. Maybe looks more like a human girl and not a floating sheet

-Boss mobs- Abigail arrives as a very muscular, grown man with a mustache and poses menacingly, killing everything in her presence including other players and Wendy

20 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Abigail's strength should depend on what you sacrifice.

-Small mobs like rabbits or butterflies- Abigails arrives a small, baby ghost

-Medium mobs like spiders- Normal Abigail

-Big mobs like Pigs or Beefalos- Strong Abigail. Maybe looks more like a human girl and not a floating sheet

-Boss mobs- Abigail arrives as a very muscular, grown man with a mustache and poses menacingly, killing everything in her presence including other players and Wendy

5e57e4dfaecf6_images(70).jpeg.1acee31bc9f2457d932c5efe44e32eed.jpeg

(This image isn't mine)

12 hours ago, Szczuku said:

5e2eeb4b58c84_blobhyperpeek.png.f43c19545ec560dba29e397fd157c02f.png

I like this.

Spoiler

But like, what if the sacrifice is another character?

What if the sacrifice is a fully beefed out Wolfman?

Spoiler

What if the sacrifice is Wes?

Spoiler

Me personally, I think if the sacrifice is Wes, Abigail deletes Sys32. :wilson_sneaky:

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

But like, what if the sacrifice is another character?

What if the sacrifice is a fully beefed out Wolfman?

Abigail transforms into Hulk Hogan and performs a power bomb on Charlie

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

What if the sacrifice is Wes?

Hide contents

Me personally, I think if the sacrifice is Wes, Abigail deletes Sys32. :wilson_sneaky:

Wes teleports behind you off screen and kidnaps you

I would rather have abbygail possesing stuff (as ghost), like wendy can command her sister to posses spear and wendy gets to have a floating arround her.  same for other tools like axe, pick, shovel even a floating torch would be epic and in line with the character. oh also to summon abbygail  she could use a telltale heart menaing summoning a abby reduces her base health and attack. meaning wendy will only get the .75 attack modifier if she is using her power o.o

This photo seems to suggest that Abigails Flower actually “Wilts into petals” Instead of just going out of Bloom.

I realize a concept like this would prevent players from Flower Cycling as Wendy... but it also never made any sense to have Multiple Abigail flowers to begin with.

Whenever Woodie Attempts to lose Lucy and build a regular Axe that Axe Immediately turns into Lucy and the Axe that Was Lucy turns normal.

2C4D5A87-5B74-4DB9-B65E-38C32FA995D7.png

Interesting concept would be that Wendy can give a Telltale Heart to Abigail and Wendy would turn into a ghost but Abigail would turn into human.

Abigail as a human would have sort of opposite stats of Wendy ( 25% more sanity drain from Darkness, 25% more damage ) or she would be considered a combat form, while Wendy is not.

Wendy as a ghost could support the team, like she would glow brighter, would give very little amount of sanity or buff teammates near her. When Wendy dies, she turns into a flower like how Abigail does as a ghost. To summon Wendy again you have to do the same exact thing you'd do with the flower.

And maybe, Abigail in a ghost form should have natural resistance against bosses, like 80% and deal more damage to them, maybe damage of a fresh hambat, so that she wont drop dead in the very first 30 seconds of a boss battle.

Whatever they do with the Wendy refresh I'm kind of hoping for something kinda big. It doesn't need to be crazy but I do feel like Wendy is missing out on the flair of the reworked characters. Also I'd like to see some unique items she can make just for some Wendy only item skins haha.

4 hours ago, Vultureneck said:

Whatever they do with the Wendy refresh I'm kind of hoping for something kinda big. It doesn't need to be crazy but I do feel like Wendy is missing out on the flair of the reworked characters. Also I'd like to see some unique items she can make just for some Wendy only item skins haha.

She’s a creepy little girl and a lot of her loading screens have her sitting on Tombstones or strolling through graveyards... if she does not get better interaction with Tombstones & Ghosts (both the mobs & Abigail Herself..) I am going to be very sad. :( 

Wendy literally Strolls through graveyards and sits on Tombstones plucking flower pedals!

But- The Rework (If it is indeed Wendy) should be here within the next week or two, so we will just have to wait and see!

5A6F6050-57FF-423C-91A4-B26CC88C3C40.png

327669C7-514B-44EE-A8E0-42835D3FBE8B.png

65A11BA9-7880-4BE1-A210-DD476E8BABAB.png

F14C0322-A59A-4966-8DC4-437260AA5DF1.png

On 3/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, Mike23Ua said:

This photo seems to suggest that Abigails Flower actually “Wilts into petals” Instead of just going out of Bloom.

2C4D5A87-5B74-4DB9-B65E-38C32FA995D7.png

I don't think that's it at all. This vignette is a part of the whole theme of Wendy in the Gorge: she was away from Abigail and in mourning. This vignette specifically is likely a reference to how Wendy starts with a single rot in the Gorge in place of Abigail's flower.

45 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Im gonna hope we get the news today, since that usually means in 1 week its out, if you wonder why, check what Friday is next week. It would be very fitting for Wendy to be updated around that day

Not in the universe where KLEI TIME exists.

9 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Im gonna hope we get the news today, since that usually means in 1 week its out, if you wonder why, check what Friday is next week. It would be very fitting for Wendy to be updated around that day

That would be pretty exciting! I just hope that if there are plans to reveal it soon, the forums aren't flooded with hot garbage again. :wilson_curious:

19 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Well the hope was there... sad

31 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Well the hope was there... sad

Read the pinned announcements post- Apparently they’re having Corona Virus concerns. Hopefully all that gets straightened out soon but in the meantime, I don’t mind waiting.

Archived