Items/Structures you craft/use soely because of a skin(or looks)?

Just curious, are there any items in DST you consider crafting soely due to a skin you have for them? Even if said item is useless or not something you'd normally use?

I've wanted to ask this ever since I got my pink winter hat as it made me want to use winter hats again just because it's cute(in my opinion).

The Bat Bat, I'll use a free one from the ruins but I'd only craft one for the skin.

The End is Nigh [Forge Skin], I'll craft it as Wicker even without a WX on the server just to use the skin for a mini sign marking.

The Rainhat, not that its completely useless, but I'll craft one with the Floppy skin as Wigfrid.

The Moondial, amazing for decorating but quite useless

Torches. Before Cyclum I couldn't switch to a miner hat fast enough.

Sometimes spears. They're still more of a backup weapon for me, but before they got skins I pretty much never used them, I went straight from axes to tentacle spikes and ham bats.

I still don't craft grass suits often, unless I'm wandering around in the dragonfly desert before I craft a backpack and have picked up a huge amount of grass, but the Feathered Grass Armor skin makes me look stylish when I do.

Marble suits are pretty good anyway for tanking, but I definitely appreciate the Forge reskins.

While I do actually use them for their intended purpose, the reason I craft surplus Telltale Hearts and leave them lying around the base instead of focusing on life-giving amulets is because their skins look cool and a big enough pile of them can act as a permanent light source.

First, fridges, even if we don't need 3 of them, I make one with all the skins for a complete kitchen (if there are enough gears, ofc).

I also use the fashion goggles a lot, even when tams are abundant, because I think it looks really cool. 

I like both the floppy straw hat and the cowboy straw hat. I'll make either one to wear during summer depending on which character I'm playing. Eyebrella is better, but it doesn't look as fresh.

And while log suits are a commonly used item, I find myself picking them over football hats or battle helms mainly because of the look. I could wear both, but if I'm limited on inventory space for a short trip I'd probably just bring roman wood armor.

49 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I like both the floppy straw hat and the cowboy straw hat. I'll make either one to wear during summer depending on which character I'm playing. Eyebrella is better, but it doesn't look as fresh.

And while log suits are a commonly used item, I find myself picking them over football hats or battle helms mainly because of the look. I could wear both, but if I'm limited on inventory space for a short trip I'd probably just bring roman wood armor.

I forgot about the straw hat! Since all it does is keep the rain off, I'd use a top hat for that beforehand, but after I got the floppy straw hat skin I wear one sometimes with an umbrella in the rain or just to look nice in the summer, if my inventory's not too full.

Not exactly useless, but I like wearing the Tam o' Shanter 24/7 even at full sanity because it just looks great with Wigfrid's latest skin. I switched from Beefalo hat / Eyebrella to Puffy vest / Raincoat / Floral Shirt just to be able to have the Tam equipped all the time. I just love the looks.

I also make decorative fences everywhere now that they don't look like ****. Previously I would only use them for Gobbler and Pig farms.

Nothing special about this because I played with limited resources in single player. If I apply this on DST I can imagine to use skins on less used items more when the better items aren't aviable... which is against OP's question. 

Archived