I feel terrible that new skins are untradeable :( , I've used to make giveaway or gifts time to time with skins I had in double but now it's spools or nothing. I wish changing this is taken in consideration cause I don't see the reason for editing the system from the same collection on new characters, free or not, I'd like to make a friend happy when I have a skin in double for his main and I have two of that one, but's it's an untradable one... :/

1 hour ago, Kuba5565 said:

I understand why weavable skins can't be sold on steam market, but i don't understand why you can't trade them with other players.

It used to be that all skins were tradeable, but not marketable back in the early skin days. End of the story was that they were traded for TF2 or CS:GO keys as a currency. Any elegant skin was going for at least 10-20 keys fyi. In the end people just traded them off of the normal steam market, and prices were ridiculous, cause those people were just up for the profits, and not interested in the skins, which resulted in players either unable to get the skins at all, or having to pay a huge price. Atm Klei sells the skins themselves for MUCH cheaper prices, and at least the money goes to Klei instead of some greedy person ripping off others. Sadly there's no real way to do it inbetween, but I'm fine with it as it is.

5 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

It used to be that all skins were tradeable, but not marketable back in the early skin days. End of the story was that they were traded for TF2 or CS:GO keys as a currency. Any elegant skin was going for at least 10-20 keys fyi. In the end people just traded them off of the normal steam market, and prices were ridiculous, cause those people were just up for the profits, and not interested in the skins, which resulted in players either unable to get the skins at all, or having to pay a huge price. Atm Klei sells the skins themselves for MUCH cheaper prices, and at least the money goes to Klei instead of some greedy person ripping off others. Sadly there's no real way to do it inbetween, but I'm fine with it as it is.

The TL:DR people are scumbags looking to make huge money profits off the developers work by attempting to sell in-game items to other players desperate enough to pay the price they are asking for.

I am GLAD Klei has removed the option for people to do this..

I come from a game called ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED- and even though it is highly ILLEGAL for players of that game to trade dinosaurs for real money over Pay-Pal they still do it anyway because “People are Scumbags”

6 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The TL:DR people are scumbags looking to make huge money profits off the developers work by attempting to sell in-game items to other players desperate enough to pay the price they are asking for.

I am GLAD Klei has removed the option for people to do this..

I come from a game called ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED- and even though it is highly ILLEGAL for players of that game to trade dinosaurs for real money over Pay-Pal they still do it anyway because “People are Scumbags”

The market currently (or used to be with the skins slowly being removed from the market) is a standard supply-and-demand system that I really don’t think is “scummy.”

Skins from characters like Wendy and Wigfrid costed more because these characters are popular, and that’s why you see such high prices in their skins, whereas characters like Wes or pre-rework Winona had lower prices on their skins.

7 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

The market currently (or used to be with the skins slowly being removed from the market) is a standard supply-and-demand system that I really don’t think is “scummy.”

Skins from characters like Wendy and Wigfrid costed more because these characters are popular, and that’s why you see such high prices in their skins, whereas characters like Wes or pre-rework Winona had lower prices on their skins.

It’s one thing to trade in game items for other in game items over an actual built in trading system, It’s another thing entirely to sell in-game items for real money just because Klei or Whoever, has made them extremely Rare.

if ANYONE should be making profit off those items it’s the game developers themselves, and NOT other players charging ridiculous prices for items to people seeking to obtain them.

Honestly, my only problem with the market system is the Rooselet...
image.png.f01aab86ca851d58567e95f0f2471c7e.png
Every other market skin is fine, they're all either going to drop in price over time (Creepy Cauldron started out at ~$100 and is currently at $10 after a couple of years) or will eventually be sold directly by Klei... except the Rooselet. There's very very few in circulation, and we're not getting more until 2029, no joke.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s one thing to trade in game items for other in game items over an actual built in trading system, It’s another thing entirely to sell in-game items for real money just because Klei or Whoever, has made them extremely Rare.

if ANYONE should be making profit off those items it’s the game developers themselves, and NOT other players charging ridiculous prices for items to people seeking to obtain them.

Klei does make money. People aren't selling skins with paypal or anything, they're selling them on the official Steam market. The seller gets a cut, the developer (in this case, Klei) gets a cut, and Steam gets a cut.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei lets skin be sold on the market. Any skin sold on the market is also a profit for Klei.

It’s not like Klei was forced to do this.

55 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Every other market skin is fine, they're all either going to drop in price over time (Creepy Cauldron started out at ~$100 and is currently at $10 after a couple of years) or will eventually be sold directly by Klei... except the Rooselet. There's very very few in circulation, and we're not getting more until 2029, no joke.

I ask about this skin in this thread

On 22.11.2019 at 10:18 AM, Kuba5565 said:

@PeterA can you guys make these item dropable please?Przechwytywanie.PNG.956c075010b9f236da77ec5f9e8709d5.PNG  I don't think they are right now but it would be sad to be able to get them on year of the gobbler only.

i didn't get answer. Well they made year of the varg items weavable for the year of the pig event after somone asked about it, so maybe we'll get the chance to get those in year of the carrat. The 2029 shouldn't be the case here.

1 minute ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Klei is the one who actually lets skin be sold on the market. Any skin sold on the market is also a profit for Klei.

Yeah but they only getting so much from those, it is better for them selling these themselves like they are doing right now when all the money goes to them.

11 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

I ask about this skin in this thread

i didn't get answer. Well they made year of the varg items weavable for the year of the pig event after somone asked about it, so maybe we'll get the chance to get those in year of the carrat. The 2029 shouldn't be the case here.

Yeah but they only getting so much from those, it is better for them selling these themselves like they are doing right now when all the money goes to them.

Exactly my point- many users will be against this because it cuts out their way of making easy profit, but the way I feel about it is they did absolutely nothing in the terms of helping with the creation of the item, so then why should they be making even a “portion” of the profit that Klei could otherwise make the full profit from all for themselves?

If there was ever a post that needed to have a confused face reaction it’s this one -inserts mine here-

I use the Steam market kind of like trading, where I'll sell something I don't want and buy the thing I do without actually investing any money in the market at all. I would love to trade instead of using the market but what I have to offer and what someone else wants to receive rarely if ever line up.

4 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Dang, why did I sell mine so early? :wilson_cry:

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If there was ever a post that needed to have a confused face reaction it’s this one -inserts mine here-

I felt the need to react with a confused for the memes...also because you literally asked for it. :wilson_sneaky:

on the idea this was about trying to give away free stuff,

On 21/12/2019 at 8:01 PM, 1bubbainpa said:

Skins from characters like Wendy and Wigfrid costed more because these characters are popular

this is interesting, who wants a free triumphant Wendy skin (only got 1)

Archived