Meep's Mandatory Recreation Content Pack available for Testing! - 379337

On 11/13/2019 at 5:34 AM, Ipsquiggle said:

Low Res Textures

this is the only thing stopping me from building a quantum computer just to play this game

hmm what if I build a dual cpu pc just for this game since it totally depends on the CPU

4 hours ago, aymanoracle said:

what about the rails performance patch ? ignored from the list for good or what?

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

I'm still waiting for you to fix:

•  broken oxylite supply for rockets
  •  self-breaking bunker doors
  • self-undocking exosuits with Vacancy-Only setting
  • Telescope is being used when all research is completed
  • Self-breaking wire in the very left position in the space

and dozens and dozens of bugs that we have for months or even years. And you give me a chair to relax my dupes. DUPES SHOULD WORK, YOU HEAR ME MEEP, YOU LAZY MUSTARD

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2019 at 6:10 AM, Junksteel said:

Please buff carpeted tile. It's expensive enough to offer max decor bonus. Refined metal tiles are cheaper to build, gives max decor and still a speed bonus.

Make carpeted tiles great, please.

Thanks on the update.

with lead, metal tiles are now free....

ok , there is one things that I still did not saw other people report.

Dupe that use beach chair ignore bedtime schedule. they stay on beach chair until progress bar complete. and that quiet a long time.  3 bedtimes slot still not long enough for them to go to bed(aka. finish progess bar) I assume that is more than 45 second (and that already next to new ligh pole that bright as sun, I am not sure light would effect this kind of progess bar or not)

• Thanks 1

• Developer
12 hours ago, aymanoracle said:

what about the rails performance patch ? ignored from the list for good or what?

The conveyor rails patch introduced many more knock-on issues than we had hoped. The performance gains from it were fairly minor (rails were always more optimal than conduits), and it was sucking up a lot of developer time. We've put it away for now, to spend that time more productively elsewhere. :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/12/2019 at 11:54 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

There are a few issues with the hot tub it seems, we're doing a pass on it and rewriting the descriptions for more clarity. Thanks!

Also, if you need to put in water at minimum 37.7C, but the building overheats (no material bonus) at 37.7C, this is really difficult (impossible?) to use.

• Like 1

ok, I just see the new patch. that was fast. thank you.

upon quick test , Soda Foutain already work.  Hot tub already work(no more quickly vaporize bleach stone). but I don't known  exact temperature of water it need.

Beach chair still got same issues and I test it more , dupe even ignore work schdule.(slacker)

just see this thing. it's huge and seem to be unfinished.  not sure if dev. aware of , if Dupe use it , Dupe will get popped eardrum side effect. that kind counter purpose of this building.  it's cause by the inside overpressure around 7Kg+ of gas/tile.

Sauna is working. but I am kindda confuse. it can store 50 Kg of steam and use 25Kg  for single use but dupe won't use it  when steam drop to 25Kg.

I am not sure what I do wrong or How Dupe prioritize recreation building.

onitest.jpg

Edited by Sang_M
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sang_M said:

just see this thing. it's huge and seem to be unfinished.  not sure if dev. aware of , if Dupe use it , Dupe will get popped eardrum side effect. that kind counter purpose of this building.  it's cause by the inside overpressure around 7Kg+ of gas/tile.

This thing worked fine for me out of the box. Around 1kg of Oxygen pressure. Dupes lying relaxed in there, no screaming. Just took so long to finish my dupes missed their sleep-period and collapsed next cycle from exhaustion. 

oni001.jpg.5f98fff4325901bd84faf989a19ce912.jpg

Also got this thing to work by installing some serious cooling:

oni003.jpg.471179f5d2e49a90ce6b2d03bc280a41.jpg

BTW, the juicer animation made me laugh pretty hard at the end.

oni005.jpg.ede76103d9100e0db0ea1078d4e9bf28.jpg

Stinky does not like the surfboard:

oni004.jpg.png.50623c0cd0f4db1bba9ad1e363e56998.png

And Ellie seems to think beaches are boring:

006.jpg.5a3ac1f36a9bf7dd9087c63ae20e257e.jpg

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

Just took so long to finish my dupes missed their sleep-period and collapsed next cycle from exhaustion. 

Maybe some of these are intended to used in conjunction with designated "Vacation" schedules for dupes who are particularly stressed?

On 11/14/2019 at 6:12 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

The conveyor rails patch introduced many more knock-on issues than we had hoped. The performance gains from it were fairly minor (rails were always more optimal than conduits), and it was sucking up a lot of developer time. We've put it away for now, to spend that time more productively elsewhere. :)

One question if i may. Is the heat bug on conveyor rails outside of screen part of this or that is separate thing on your list? So far this has been little bit frustrating and it is making lots of contraptions broken. I stopped on my 2k+ world because of this and lots of stuff i wanted to build use conveyor rails

• Like 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, t0panka said:

One question if i may. Is the heat bug on conveyor rails outside of screen part of this or that is separate thing on your list? So far this has been little bit frustrating and it is making lots of contraptions broken. I stopped on my 2k+ world because of this and lots of stuff i wanted to build use conveyor rails

The heat transfer is a separate issue that we're still looking in to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Lupbert said:

Is there any chance of allowing piping of water into the soda maker?  That would be worth it even if electricity was needed, and could make it similar to the espresso maker.

I think it already works like that. Only CO2 has to be delivered by bottle.

20 hours ago, Gurgel said:

And Ellie seems to think beaches are boring:

006.jpg.5a3ac1f36a9bf7dd9087c63ae20e257e.jpg

It needs sunlight. :wilson_goodjob:

Either put it up on the surface (I don't recommend that but you do you) or slap down a sun lamp for maximum tanning power.

Spoiler

Still dunno how to make the mechanical surfboard enjoyable for the dupes, but it looks like this:

anim_interacts_mechanical_surfboard2.png.bc58d1778897d26586101d1bab533c1d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1