I don’t see any reason why it cannot be Wagstaff. Wormwood and he was released almost at the same time. Time passed really strange in the constant, so if wormwood could make it into the constant, he might as well make it too. On the other hand, in Winona’s short, they could’ve  just showed how he sucked into  the constant but not particularly the together constant. 
There is no way to be sure.

maradyne    4,469

...well, and another factor is that the Charlie shown was her pre-throne appearance, so the Winona short is implied to take place sometime before DST, or at least before her reign.
Winona just took a while to show up as a character.

• Like 4

Ogrecakes    1,401

Wagstaff (who is so obviously the person in winonas trailer) could be an awkward character to add, his goals are the opposite to everyone elses, he WANTS to be in the constant, and wants to take some shadow magic back with him.

I'd be interested in Walani being added, with the caveat that they focus on her past life as a pirate.

I imagine Klei will add some sort of character who specializes in seafaring, and since Woodlegs does NOT fit in with the other characters, or the world in general, they might either add a new character, or maybe rework Walani.

Maybe? I think shes got a lot of untapped potential, judging by some of her quotes and hinted at back story.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bluegeist    1,280

BTW, the Lone Glove item is apparently a Griftlands reference, per the speech files.

I don't think Wagstaff would be a "new" character, that is, one with a price tag. This is because he is so important to the lore, and the other purchasable characters are just bit parts, just there to add flavor.

I really do want Wagstaff though, as a free character. I want to see him interact with WX and Winona, and see his unique perspective on the DST world.

• Like 3

watermelen671    14,495
43 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Take a closer look at the short, though:

Charlie switches between "good" Charlie...

And "bad" Charlie. This wouldn't make any sense if it's meant to be during Charlie's reign, because the ANR cinematic shows her fusing into the post-ANR Charlie we're used to:

It could very well have been during Wilson's (albeit brief) reign; post-Maxwell but pre-Charlie.

She yoinked Winona into the Constant, then returned to Wilson to free him and ended up taking over. It'd make sense seeing as she'd just thrust Winona into a deadly world, she wants to keep her sister safe...well as safe as she possibly can what with her merging afterwards. 

Time works differently in the constant, and it was shown in the short that time would've had to have passed as Winona had to rebuild the portal, and in that time Wilson took over the Shadow Throne. 

However due to the wibbly wobbly timey wimeyness of the Constant, in the time between Winona being spirited away and arriving in the Constant Charlie had freed Wilson and taken over as the Shadow Queen.

This is my final answer and you can fight me on it with reasonably structured and substantiated arguments. Thank you for coming to my TED talk. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

minespatch    60,587
46 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

She yoinked Winona into the Constant

What I'm getting from the timeline is that she stole Winona before Metheus, connected the singleplayer world during Metheus puzzles, and then Winona came in after. The very very short animation "What lies beyond" shows Winona.

Mrklli    656
10 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

The wibbly wobbly timey wimeyness of the Constant

A fellow Whovian detected. Allons-y!

• Haha 2