[Game Update] - 371502

7 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Duplicants weren't properly dead while in containers. This fixes them causing crashes from getting sick but also being dead (and in a container).  (Still need to figure out what they are doing in containers...)

the duplicant of schrodinger, it is both dead and alive at the same time until you open it's container

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Yep. Always.

Hmm.  Does that mean you could have a single pump send out to more than one pipe?  Like with bridges you can have the output going out to 4 different places.  I've never been in a position to try sending more out.  It should have more possible destinations and not block itself.

Did anybody notice framelost on duplicants movement or is it just me?
Currently it's hard to look at them when they are moving. Other animations seems to be fluent. On my colony I got stable 60fps without any framedrops (i7-8700K gtx 970, 16gb ram)
Here is small recording. I guess it didn't look like that on previous version?

Just now, MarcinW said:

Did anybody notice framelost on duplicants movement or is it just me?
Currently it's hard to look at them when they are moving. Other animations seems to be fluent. On my colony I got stable 60fps without any framedrops (i7-8700K gtx 970, 16gb ram)
Here is small recording. I guess it didn't look like that on previous version?

I have seen that yesterday for a minute or so, but usually it is not present.

8 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I have seen that yesterday for a minute or so, but usually it is not present.

On my system it is looks like that all the time. Look at the fire pole slide at 0:30. I feel pain in my eyes :/

4 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Does that mean you could have a single pump send out to more than one pipe?

If you mean to surpass the 10kg/s limit, no. For one, the pump can only perform at 10kg/s. For two, a pipe segment can only pass 10kg/s.

The reason the pipe is blocked is because this sort of sequence happens every second:

• Tick 0: Pipe is empty.
  • Tick 1: Pump places up to 10kg of material into the pipe.
  • Ticks 2-4: Pipe now has a non zero amount of material in it. The pipe is no longer eligible for pump outputs. Pipe is blocked.
  • Tick 5: Material from pipe moves to next pipe segment. Pipe is empty.
  • Tick 6: Equal to Tick 1.

I haven't counted the ticks to see exactly when the pipe empties. It could be synchronous with ticks 1/6. But basically this is what is happening.

It won't matter if you have one path or four for Tick 5 to alternate between. The pump only outputs to a single segment, and that segment will block.

Edited by nakomaru
  • Like 1

• Developer
10 hours ago, roast3d said:

So here's a new one...  

My last save was day 445.  Mid-day on 446 it crashes. 

I try loading day 444.  Mid-day on 446, it crashes. 

I try 443.  Mid-day on 446, it crashes.  

Any thoughts?will it crash on 446.sav

output_log.txt

The log suggests that the MeteorDefenseLaser mod is the source of the crash.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

While that may be true, they do want to make the game mod compatible and make sure the game is as mod-friendly as it can be.

They've had a long history of doing this with Don't Starve/Together, why else do you think those games have such a massive mod library? :wilson_laugh:

*wendy wife with realistic voice and literally every sans underpaper mods*

Thank you Klei!
I think it's the 1st time in my life that I first noticed a performance fix (which gained me like 15 fps (45 back to 60) in the game itself, instead of reading about in a log and seeing basically zero difference.
With ONI it was like "oh? How is the game so smooth now? They had to have made improvements!"
Thank you again!

Would it be possible to make use of more than 4 cpu cores as it doesn't fully utilize the cores full power to increase FPS? Also my GPU sits under 30% when in game at  1440p and the display is set to 144hz. I get upto 80 FPS when in game. Also I don't have MODS installed either. I know that it isn't my hardware as I have 48GB RAM, a 1070TI, Toshiba Q300 960GB, Samsung 970 evo 500GB, Ryzen 1600 overclocked to 3.7ghz on all cores. 

image.png

What should your GPU do? The game does not need a heavy duty GPU at all. There is nothing to render. There are not complex 3D-elements with huge textures an light/shadow-systems in this game. ONI runs nearly equal on a RTX2080TI as on an Intel iGPU.

As for the multicore-CPU support... not everything can be multithreaded. They alreday are working on some code optimizations, but this takes huge amounts of time. And the last beta branch showed, its not that simple, so they had to revoke some changes again. 

On 15/10/2019 at 12:28 AM, SharraShimada said:

What should your GPU do? The game does not need a heavy duty GPU at all. There is nothing to render. There are not complex 3D-elements with huge textures an light/shadow-systems in this game. ONI runs nearly equal on a RTX2080TI as on an Intel iGPU.

As for the multicore-CPU support... not everything can be multithreaded. They alreday are working on some code optimizations, but this takes huge amounts of time. And the last beta branch showed, its not that simple, so they had to revoke some changes again. 

I know I just a spected to see high numbers.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:28 AM, SharraShimada said:

Well, modern GPU's can not only render graphics but also perform calculations. They are really good in making a lot of simple calculations in parallel. Like e.g. calculating interactions between tiles (which currently causes a lot of lag in a late game). I believe that utilizing GPU for that would be really beneficial for performance.