Potential Next Rework

I am quite curious as to who will be reworked now that they made Woodie a lot better, we got anything to go off of yet?

I'm really hoping that it's Wendy as i feel she isn't in the best state right now with the ghost being a bit too fragile and sometimes going blindly into dumb fights it can't win

and i may be being a bit harsh but like there are other characters with similar things that help them fight in their own kit that i feel are better than abigail so why not buff her and wendy a bit...?

idk for sure tho

Someone asked devs when will be next rework but they responded with "we don't know", so probably they didnt work at rework yet or want make mysterious atmosphere. Still few old characters need rework (Wilson, Wolfgang, Wendy, Wx, Wicker, Wes, Max, Wig and Webber - yes every reviously mentioned personage will get rework). I think the most "useless" pick - at this moment - is Wendy but also Wilson and Webber arent so good. As everyone know Wes is OP so probably he will be last character to rework! For be more hardcore.

We waiting for new character now! Last time heard something about "final touches" so he or she will come soon! But Klei soon is longer than we expect. :)

I’m pretty sure they said that character reworks will happen once per month- Next month is October so let’s pick the one that fits the Atmosphere- Wendy and her Ghostly Sister.. 

and we would get a brand new character every TWO Months- (for a total of Four brand new characters) Wortox was the first of these characters.

but Ultimately it’s going to be entirely up to Klei over who their next refresh will be either way- unless they end up having it delayed for some reason- Expect a new Rework every month until we’ve been through the entire roster (I don’t think Wormwood & Wortox count as part of this list however..)

08826D07-BD6D-4B94-B278-DB14C9C7EF74.png

80851D2F-72AA-4770-A3D7-1F8C3CA1D04C.png

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m pretty sure they said that character reworks will happen once per month- Next month is October so let’s pick the one that fits the Atmosphere- Wendy and her Ghostly Sister.. 

and we would get a brand new character every TWO Months- (for a total of Four brand new characters) Wortox was the first of these characters.

That timing has long since fallen apart, so I wouldn't hold them to it with an iron fist.

Frankly, I somewhat expect the next DLC character before another rework—though I do hope the next rework is Wendy.

2 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

I still honestly hope that Wendy doesn't get completely overhauled to the point where it feels like a completely different character...

I don't think she will.... Abi is probs gonna get more HP and maybe more dmg at dusk and at night andaybe some other perk... But it would be a mistake to change her completely.... If you are referring to Woodie's rework there I guess I get where u are coming from but I don't think that's gonna be the case. BTW, Willow already had Bernie before so technically they expand what was there, which is what I think they are looking for. 

11 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I don't think she will.... Abi is probs gonna get more HP and maybe more dmg at dusk and at night andaybe some other perk... But it would be a mistake to change her completely.... If you are referring to Woodie's rework there I guess I get where u are coming from but I don't think that's gonna be the case. BTW, Willow already had Bernie before so technically they expand what was there, which is what I think they are looking for. 

That's what I hope for out of a Wendy rework, a bit more like Willow's rework rather then Woodie's.

Wendy doesnt really need that much for her rework just needs a bit more control over abby

I would suggests a few commands  like stick to me  abby stays on wendy but doesn't attack and she has a dimmer light so  wendy will take full sanity drain from darkness  like full darkness while using only abby as light
and the other thing i would like is to make it possible for abby to be intangible to body collision  so she doesn't get blocked by  mobs

On the forums, my favorite suggestion yet about the upcoming Wendy rework is to give her a ritual to mourn the dead(dug up graves). I think it's extremely thematic to the character, a great new concept as something brand new, useful for revitilising a biome and structure (graves/ graveyard) that becomes obsolete after one use and brimming with potential to be expanded upon.

You can go many directions with it, from graves refreshing for another use to befriending and recruiting ghosts. I hope forums strongly hold onto this suggestion like Willow's Fire Immunity or Swimming Werebeaver so that klei implements it in some shape or form.

1 minute ago, SinancoTheBest said:

befriending and recruiting ghosts

Yea, suggested this a long time ago and I'd still love it. Perfect fit for her theme, and Abi would have some new friends! Could work well with an 'in tune with ghosts' theme, giving her an extra revival item, or something to that effect.
My original concept for all of that was...:

Spoiler

- Can revive Skeletons/Reconstructed Skeletons as followers (stronger/faster at night, like weaker Pigmen; equippable)
 - Ghosts don't aggro, and upon seeing her become followers (stronger at night, like weaker versions of old Abigail)
 - Can spawn a Ghost by using a revival item on a grave
 - Can revive a skeleton by using a revival item on it
 - Reconstructed Skeleton; 2 Bone Shards, 1 Honey
 - Black Heart; 6 Nightmare Fuel, 6 Monster Meat, 6 Beard Hair; the victim comes back insane but with only a 10% health penalty, and any user besides Wendy receives a hefty sanity loss

I do hope that Abi gets her long-awaited improvements, though. The commands mainly. She's plenty strong enough now, though I could see why they might buff her; a lot of people who haven't played Wendy much have trouble using Abi well. Maybe just making her quicker to respawn ala the Forge would help there?

I'd like if, in exchange for Esai's suggestion about lowering her light, they'd remove the 'Abigail needs space' mechanic that causes her to constantly run away from Wendy.
The Twins require cute screenshots next to eachother.
This is a fact.

38 minutes ago, maradyne said:

- Can revive Skeletons/Reconstructed Skeletons as followers (stronger/faster at night, like weaker Pigmen; equippable)
 - Ghosts don't aggro, and upon seeing her become followers (stronger at night, like weaker versions of old Abigail)

Maybe they can work similiar to mandrakes, they can be awaken only during dusk and night and during the day they'll go to sleep, and maybe they'll be stonger during full moon and on lunar island?

I think everyone’s failing to understand WHY these characters are being reworked in the first place... Klei knows exactly what they’re doing- and trust me when I say they have something (probably most) evil planned for us that will more then most likely warrant all these character refreshes.. in the future.

i have played way too many video games in my lifetime to know that any time an entire roster worth of characters get significant changes- it’s because they have content planned that will challenge those changes. sure we probably won’t see that content until they’ve been down the entire list of refreshes... but trust me when I warn you guys- they know exactly what they’re doing.. and we are all probably most defiantly going to die. 

I am kinda scared now that I sit and think about that too long.. actually.

19 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

On the forums, my favorite suggestion yet about the upcoming Wendy rework is to give her a ritual to mourn the dead(dug up graves). I think it's extremely thematic to the character, a great new concept as something brand new, useful for revitilising a biome and structure (graves/ graveyard) that becomes obsolete after one use and brimming with potential to be expanded upon.

You can go many directions with it, from graves refreshing for another use to befriending and recruiting ghosts. I hope forums strongly hold onto this suggestion like Willow's Fire Immunity or Swimming Werebeaver so that klei implements it in some shape or form.

I like this because it's thematically cool, but so situational that it would not really be a buff or a nerf or even really change her playstyle at all. Just add flavor. That's exactly what I'd like.

Abby already has enough HP and damage. She's basically invincible vs. trash mobs, even more so if you cycle two flowers. The only mobs that can keep her down are bosses, which is how it's supposed to be.

Even against most bosses that spawn adds, Abby's AI already directs her to act pretty optimally. She usually prioritizes Grumble Bees over Bee Queen, Lavae over Dragonfly, Hounds over Vargs, and Spiders over Spider Queens. The only exception is Woven Shadows/Unseen Hands and Fuelweaver, because she doesn't recognize Woven Shadows/Unseen Hands as the threat that they are, since they are technically passive mobs. The only change I really want in the Wendy rework is for Abby to prioritize Woven Shadows over Fuelweaver so that she serves a purpose against him and isn't purely a nuisance.

Archived