bitcrushed_rage

Who would you like to see refreshed or added as DLC?

Who would you like to see added as a refresh or DLC?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. What existing (or non/almost existing) character from Don't Starve and its DLCs would you like to see retuned and put into Don't Starve Together?

• Wagstaff
    • Walani
    • Wilbur
    • Woodlegs
    • Wilba
    • Wheeler
    • Wilton
    • Winnie
    • Wallace
    • Waverly
    • Pyro
    • Watricia
    • Warbucks

maradyne    3,444
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Paddlefruit said:

- Completely fleshed out Animations Sheet

...this reminds me that we never got Wormwood's earlier design as a skin. .-.

Edited by maradyne
  • Like 2

Paddlefruit    343
Just now, maradyne said:

...this reminds me of that we never got Wormwood's earlier design as a skin. .-.

As a Wormwood main that would have been dope

Also, the name Warbucks is so much more unique than the other unimplemented characters. Like it pops up way better than 'Winnie' or 'Wilton'. Heck, Wilton is just Wilson, just a letter replaced.

19 hours ago, minespatch said:

I like to imagine Wagstaff will take over Charlie's place in the hierarchy in the future. That would probably mean we could get Charlie as a playable character by then.

Charlie doesn't start with a W, that's ILLEGAL

• Thanks 1

Sunset Skye    2,336
3 minutes ago, Paddlefruit said:

- Finished Sounds

- Finished Inspection Sheet

- Arguably racist baggage.

- An army of "Anti-SJWs" who prowl the forums looking for any excuse to argue about Warbucks.

I understand your points about a lot of Warbucks's assets being finished, but you've got to think of this in the context of it being Warbucks. I don't think Klei would want to touch him with a 10ft pole.

• Like 2

minespatch    56,380
6 minutes ago, Paddlefruit said:
  1. I unironically think Warbucks has a good shot of being one of the next ones.
  2. Think about it: 
  3. - Completely fleshed out Animations Sheet
  4. - Finished Sounds
  5. - Finished Inspection Sheet
  6. Ofc the mechanics he had in Hamlet are absolute garbage. I think that if he ever were to come into play, he would probably flesh out the somewhat bland hunting system. His character is based off the hunter from Tarzan, after all I think.

I made a thread that talks about retooling the character.

lbphero    285
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Paddlefruit said:

SJWs will complain if you eat an apple the wrong way

He seems fine to me

i think skye was just referring to the implications of bringing warbucks back after, like, everything that happened to warbucks :^P

Edited by lbphero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

x0VERSUS1y    3,232
Posted (edited)

We got 1 character from the unimplemented batch (Wortox), 1 from SW (Warly) and 1 from Hamlet (Wormwood). For the last one I argue would be either a totally new one or another from the unused concepts. And from those past concepts my money would be on Waverly - Wallace looks like an early variation on Woodlegs, Watricia's asset Rawling gained independent release and the character scrapped, Pyro would have copyright problems (and is totally uninspired), while Wilton seems more like an inside joke than anything. Still I for one would prefer a totally new character, maybe some mid/top tier, not another challenging yet underwhelming personage.

PS: would be interesting if Winnie could be part of Wigfrid's eventual rework, aka the emphasis on her being an actor, gaining ability to interpret the opposite of a viking warrior on certain conditions (like in night-time, during some seasons or at certain sanity/hunger values) - aka a nature-loving pacifist vegan.

Edited by x0VERSUS1y
*le PS
  • Thanks 2

Paddlefruit    343
31 minutes ago, lbphero said:

i think skye was just referring to the implications of bringing warbucks back after, like, everything that happened to warbucks :^P

Gotcha, my mistake lol

Russian Philin    6,326
2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Still I for one would prefer a totally new character, maybe some mid/top tier, not another challenging yet underwhelming personage.

It seems to me that Yes, the game will have a whole new game character, and another character from the usual DS[Wagstaff, maybe]

• Like 1

maradyne    3,444
Posted (edited)

There are also a lot more of actual character refreshes to go through. We may see more spacing between now and the final two 'new' characters.

Edited by maradyne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

__IvoCZE__    5,680

I don't really like the idea of using existing characters instead of coming up with hella nice other characters

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Canis    7,000
20 hours ago, Paddlefruit said:

I unironically think Warbucks has a good shot of being one of the next ones.

Think about it: 

- Finished Sounds

- Finished Inspection Sheet

Ofc the mechanics he had in Hamlet are absolute garbage. I think that if he ever were to come into play, he would probably flesh out the somewhat bland hunting system. His character is based off the hunter from Tarzan, after all I think.

Most likely not. Klei took Warbucks out of Singleplayer for being "culturally innapropriate" so he's pretty much out.

• Sad 2

FuffledBeeQueen    2,527
24 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

HALLOWED NIGHTS!!  Seriously, think about it!  How epic would it be, to have an _actual freaking Halloween style witch_ stirring a mysterious cauldron on the game's splash page during mid-late October...and even better, it's not just a random decoration.  She's PLAYABLE.  :)

If they announce the new character around that time, It has to be her, and yes, just yes to this, I BEG YOU, MAKE WAVERLY REAL

• Like 4

FeagleSnorf    354
On 8/16/2019 at 10:38 PM, maradyne said:

The Most Dangerous Game with Uncle Bucks as the board master.

Jumanji?

For real though I want to see Wilton come to dst. I might’ve misclicked when I voted though.

• Like 1