[Game Update] - 354426

Just now, abud said:

The conversion ratios of in-world saltwater and brine have been brought in line with their expected salinity

Now it is exactly the same yield between using desalinator building or just boil it manually. Thanks.

Did it effect the conversion of saltwater into brine ?

Numbers, better late than never @nakomaru

• Desalinating 1t Salt Water → 930 kg Water + 70kg Salt
  • Cooling 1t Salt Water (LU-353781) → 900kg Ice + 100 kg Brine
  • Cooling 1t Salt Water (LU-354426) → 770kg Ice + 230 kg Brine

Desalinating the Resulting Brine

• Old (LU-353781): 100 kg → 070 kg Water + 30kg Salt
  • New (LU-354426): 230 kg → 161 kg Water + 69kg Salt

Total (Cooling 1t Salt Water, then desalinating the resulting Brine):

• Old (LU-353781): 970 kg Water + 30 kg Salt
  • New (LU-354426): 931 kg Water + 69 kg Salt

Compared to desalinating the Salt Water directly, cooling the Salt Water into Brine first now only gives us +1kg Water / -1 kg Salt per 1t of Salt Water. Instead of +40kg of Water and -30kg Salt per 1t. Close enough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 1

Do you know if the farmer´s touch buff is working again ?

[Didn´t start my colony the last days cause of this bug^^]

PS:  I have still at least 2 things left, which are just showing a wrong/useless info:

1. Antiseptic properties of plastic [The info tells you about that feature, but it doesn´t exist. THE CAKE IS A LIE]
  2. The life support skill [Why should the priorities screen show a skill which is zero for everyone and can´t be trained.]

5d37a24c91855_antiseptic.png.761c34f469ce540d88e1fbd35e00984a.png

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

There are weird things going on after today's update.

I'm having trouble with very simple pathfinding and had a missing tile under the grill that clearly wasn't missing. Anyone experiencing weird things with the update?

My duplicants are trapped, stressed and have a shiny ladder they could use right there.

Edited by Junksteel
Mispell and realized why they are trapped

11 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Do you know if the farmer´s touch buff is working again ?

[Didn´t start my colony the last days cause of this bug^^]

PS:  I have still at least 2 things left, which are just showing a wrong/useless info:

1. Antiseptic properties of plastic [The info tells you about that feature, but it doesn´t exist. THE CAKE IS A LIE]
  2. The life support skill [Why should the priorities screen show a skill which is zero for everyone and can´t be trained.]

It's not a skill, it's a category of errand, specifically providing algae to deoxidisers, and similar, it's a separate category so that you can de-prioritise supply without necessarily suffocating your dupes.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Aelfled said:

It's not a skill, it's a category of errand, specifically providing algae to deoxidisers, and similar, it's a separate category so that you can de-prioritise supply without necessarily suffocating your dupes.

Sorry if I was not clear enough:

If you hover over the priority of the "life support category" you will see an info panel, which tells you something about a "life support skill".

=> My problem is not with the category, but the info it displays.

5d37a22f090e7_lifesupport.png.ed70f297f44572fbef68e885515eb829.png

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

1 hour ago, Loscil2 said:

Anyone on linux unable to play? Is it just me?

Game suddenly lacks sound and is having crazy slowdown, with occasional freezes. Klei must've screwed up the Linux build somehow.

24 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

That ladder/tile configuration enables uphill only travel.  They can go up, but not down. 

Nice start to an infinite water storage facility. 

Thank you! Saturnu's eternal model... got to pick a slush this time to avoid at least one ST :D

But I got that missing tile thing under the grill that got correct when I reloaded the game and it was totally new to me.

• Developer
3 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

Wait. You mean Jodi? Retcon already?

Need Lore. Pretty Please.

Yep! Jodi McClintock was renamed to Olivia Broussard so that folks encountering lore for the first time after release would have an easier time distinguishing between her and Jackie in entries where both characters were speaking together.

There have also been quite a few changes to database entries overall, such that there should now be enough pieces of the puzzle available for a curious mind to draw their own conclusions about what exactly happened at Gravitas that got our Dupes to where they are today. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Nebbie said:

Game suddenly lacks sound and is having crazy slowdown, with occasional freezes. Klei must've screwed up the Linux build somehow.

I've got sound (Debian), but having random slowdowns... and 2nd crash in <20min of gametime.

First crash was just after I tried to view the 512 cycle achievement, second was trying to open the pipe overlay.

It's times like this I wish that you could set autosave to >1x / cycle.

54 minutes ago, Harlequin80 said:

I'm stable on LInux Mint cinnamon system.

Well Im using ubuntu19 and can't play... Huh... I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall... And also backup my games. Will report back.

Update: apparently didn't need to reinstall, just restart Steam. How odd?!

Edited by Loscil2
  • Like 1

contents of dead end pipes seem to get stuck again.

edit: I'm seeing some strange behavior on dead end pipes since this update. Before if I made a new path for liquid to go, in a loop with the old path - then made a break in the old pipe, leaving some dead ends filled with liquid, they would empty out.

Now it actively fills up instead.

Edited by avc15

1 hour ago, Loscil2 said:

Well Im using ubuntu19 and can't play... Huh... I guess I have to uninstall and reinstall... And also backup my games. Will report back.

Update: apparently didn't need to reinstall, just restart Steam. How odd?!

Steam brings with it certain code libraries that games use, so it's not completely unexpected that restarting it could fix a problem related to them. Seems this fixed my issues as well.

Please re-think the Dasha Saltvine changes.  Originally you could counter the Chlorine hit from the rust deoxyizer with a pair of dasha. Now you'd need around 15 of them.  Each.

This basically means automate your compressors early and quickly, or use the electrolizer splitting exploit... cause there's nothing else you can do with that chlorine but try to keep it out of your O2 system.

• Like 1