I miss the Gorge...

I was reminiscing about the Gorge recently. It was a good time. Such a beautifully crafted little world, with amazing music and the wonderful cooking-centric gameplay. And now it's gone, and there's talk that it might not be coming back.

And I was thinking, I would absolutely buy it if it were released as a small DLC. No need for rewards or anything for playing, like during the official event. Just the ability to go back to the Gorge and cook for a Gnaw again, without the event being active, would be well worth a few bucks to me, personally. Maybe a few achievements to give people a few objectives and incentive to play in different ways. But nothing as elaborate as all the prizes and scorekeeping during the event.

I think I heard about a mod that would add the Gorge back to the game, but then the people working on it stopped making it or something? I'm not really sure. I'd rather pay Klei for their amazing content anyway, so I still wish an official Gorge would be added to the game.

Barring that, I would quite happily pay for the phenomenal soundtrack from the Gorge. I haven't seen it available to buy anywhere. Maybe I just missed it if it's out there, but if it's not, I wish it was. I probably heard that main Gorge song a few hundred times during the event, and I never got tired of it.

19 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

And now it's gone, and there's talk that it might not be coming back.

Bologna. Klei wouldn't dedicate that much time and care into something that would just be a one-off.

They're currently busy with other things at the moment, such as the new base game content (Because the general consensus is that most players enjoy base game content over temporary events, apparently) and the Third Event (Which is most likely the final one, or second to final one.) I expect that eventually we'll receive a Gorge similar to the Second Forge, where it's the Gorge we all know, but extended and with new features to keep it interesting, as well as new skins. Klei is currently just sticking to the base game and character refreshes and such, more than likely just so they can be able to afford to do the events, as they've said a few times that running the events kiiiiiinda makes them start bleeding money. After the base game buff and character refreshes net them a few pockets of revenue, I highly suspect they'll come right back at us with a "Look who's back, it's the Gnaw, and this time, it's PERSONAL!"

The Gorge was a really cool event. I'd love it if we could buy a world-skin that textures more things like it, or really anything to get some structures from it into the base world. It was really nice looking, and being able to just survive in that world could make for a lot of fun.

And yeah, the music was really great too. 

you have to understand that, those event cost klei money, to  host every server.
even the ones you sit in alone

with that said.

the gorge was fun for while it lasted, bringing it back won't serve any good, since YOU will want it back again
and others will
they can't keep bringing back events that cost them a lot.
and should focus on the core game a little bit more since the last content update was 2 years ago
i respect that u might miss the gorge, but,
many many many people don't like the gorge and the reason being it's not as fun as Forge was,
DST players would take Fighting and Action > Cooking. and chopping trees ( like seriously, Chopping trees ? )

I personally enjoyed the Gorge much more than the Forge. I, again, personally, play Don't Starve for the survival stuff, the cooking and the tree chopping and the resource gathering, not for the action. So having a mini-mode that focused on that in a different context was very enjoyable for me.

And if I were able to buy a version of it that wasn't an event, where Klei wouldn't have to host any server, and where I would actually pay them for the privilege to play it rather than getting it was a very nice temporary free bonus, I think that would help Klei to make more money. I, personally, am not asking for the event to come back, necessarily. I'd like to be able to revisit that little world and do the stuff that you can do there. Even in an offline, solo room, which shouldn't cause any cost to Klei.

And I also said I wanted to buy the music. That would be more money for Klei without costing them anything.

I like the gorge mechanics but I hope the devs can integrate them to the main game instead of making events that drain the studio without building the player base.

we are gonna get Warly, the chef, pretty soon... so it's highly possible we are gonna get a kinda food rework with him and possibly some gorge mechanics.

the only aspect of the gorge I would really love to see in the game would be if Mumsy and Billy could enter DST... I miss them :wilson_cry:

it is likely that they will bring back the gorge and perhaps the mysterious third event once the RoT update is either out or around halfway there, in the meantime you can probably bug the forged forge group to make a gorge mod.

i have a feeling that the Gorge skins will become available for crafting when Warly comes it would fit thematically and past character updates have shown that it can be more than just a rework to the character example:

Winona update + new drop system

Willow update + new skins

They brought Forge 2.0 back even they stated after the Gorge they were too busy with keeping the server live. Forged Forge Team said they would like to make a uhm Gorgeous Gorge mod (perhaps).

I liked the Gorge, but I find timers extremely stressful so it was hard to enjoy. For that reason I wouldn't mind it coming back, but I'd like it as a one for one return. That way I don't have to tear limbs to achieve new advancements, and can just play it for funsies. 

I miss The Gorge too, but I like that it's not available all the time. Because if it would be, we'd just stop enjoying it after some time. 

Spoiler

About skins: I believe that limited-time skins should be a thing. I like if there there are some cool items for participation in events. If I miss out, then I like to feel responsible for it, but I get over it.

So that's why I want event skins to remain unavailable forever: it just doesn't feel nice at all to see how others get the same stuff as you, but with the difference that they weren't there to get it and didn't work at all to earn the price, like you did. You work, you get your price. If you don't... then why do you even expect to get anything?

11 minutes ago, Wilson_pl said:

I miss The Gorge too, but I like that it's not available all the time. Because if it would be, we'd just stop enjoying it after some time. 

Hide contents

About skins: I believe that limited-time skins should be a thing. I like if there there are some cool items for participation in events. If I miss out, then I like to feel responsible for it, but I get over it.

So that's why I want event skins to remain unavailable forever: it just doesn't feel nice at all to see how others get the same stuff as you, but with the difference that they weren't there to get it and didn't work at all to earn the price, like you did. You work, you get your price. If you don't... then why do you even expect to get anything?

YOU DARE STAND BETWEEN ME AND MY POT ROAST BAT?!?!?!?

i still have mad salt from missing out on a copper gnaw icon :(

11 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

YOU DARE STAND BETWEEN ME AND MY POT ROAST BAT?!?!?!?

OH I TELL YOU WHAT I DARE SO!!!

AND I CAN STAND BETWEEN YOU JUST LIKE WITH ANY OTHER PERSON THAT MISSED OUT AND THAT TRIES TO GET IT OUTSIDE THE EVENT!! COME AT ME IF YOU DARE!!

It's your responsability you didn't get it, dude! Get over it like I do when (if ever) I miss out! Next time just try and don't miss the events!

11 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i still have mad salt from missing out on a copper gnaw icon :(

You just need to learn how to lose, and accept it when you do.

I didn't get it because I couldn't find an appropiate team which knew what to do like I did. And if there ever was any, they rejected me because I was a bit lower than 100 lvl. But, I accepted the fact that I didn't get it, got over it, and just enjoyed The Gorge itself while it was still there.

Archived