Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Wormwood's idle won't work with non-wormwood hands.

Oh how wrong you are...I would show you, but currently I'm about to pass out from exhaustion, and Spriter doesn't want to cooperate with the bloody animation regardless of which character I use. 

unknown.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Oh how wrong you are...I would show you, but currently I'm about to pass out from exhaustion, and Spriter doesn't want to cooperate with the bloody animation regardless of which character I use. 

I'm not wrong. It won't play the idle if you don't have any of his hands on.

Sure you can load the animation with an external program but that's a different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

I'm not wrong. It won't play the idle if you don't have any of his hands on.

Sure you can load the animation with an external program but that's a different story.

I mean, it looks fine with other characters, and I'm pretty sure there's a way to force the animation to play on Wilson...for science purposes naturally. :wilson_curious:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

I mean, it looks fine with other characters, and I'm pretty sure there's a way to force the animation to play on Wilson...for science purposes naturally. :wilson_curious:

I mean it's not like it breaks. It just looks a bit odd with there being two hands. Even with some of Wormwood's skins.

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

idle_wormwood_mushroom.gif.69674b465621b

Like such.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2019 at 2:40 AM, YouKnowWho said:

I think the idle-mushroom animation is fine, since Wormwood hasn't exactly been working with human hands in the first place.

I now demand a nightmare-inducing edit of Wormwood with human hands. :wilson_ecstatic:

On 6/27/2019 at 11:49 PM, Zeklo said:

I mean it's not like it breaks. It just looks a bit odd with there being two hands. Even with some of Wormwood's skins.

Oh I see why it looks so weird on the side, it's because it looks like he's doing it with two hands, but only one arm is used.

If they wanted to make it look more natural all they'd have to do is add his other arm.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hell-met said:

It strikes to me that no one really knows what's going on in wormwoord's idle animation even.

1 minute ago, MrKoopa said:

It looks like he is mimicking a bird but with 1 hand, or maybe a butterfly?

It's the animation he did in the short where he was mimicking a butterfly.

Edited by watermelen671
heckin typos
  • Like 1

Dear asset extraction experts,

I'm trying to get a clean png of the Lunar Sapling, the diseased Lunar Sapling and the Mast, however, the ktools are giving me the error "ERROR: Duplicate anim 'empty' in bank 'sapling_moon'/'mast'". Is there anything I can do about this? I'd appreciate your help. :wilson_flower:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.31184ded06767fb682e0476adc547f48.png

image.png.16360eec99fa862db81dd904c96d33a3.png

Wow, I can bring the lunar island to the main island. I can use the anemies as land minds and planting the lunar moths for more trees. The lotuses are good for sanity so it's best to quickly hurry to the main island to plant them there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gasp YOU! @watermelen671 You can help me! I can't believe I almost forgot about this, can you do me a serious favor?

I can repay you with air! Only the finest of oxygen. Offtopic a bit, so forgive me.

Think when you've got a chance you could grab the equip animations from DS? DS has more equip animations than DST does, and it makes me seriously uncomfortable. 

I'd like gifs of these animations so I can make a report on this, and hopefully get them added to DST, too. Along with the fixed tree chopping, if I can.

Thank you in advance, should you find the time.  ˙ ͜ʟ˙

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, -Variant said:

Think when you've got a chance you could grab the equip animations from DS? DS has more equip animations than DST does, and it makes me seriously uncomfortable. 

From what I can see, they share the same animations. The DS animations even has lag anims. :wilson_curious:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

From what I can see, they share the same animations. The DS animations even has lag anims. :wilson_curious:

There's different animations, like for equipping body and hand items, but for looking up, and side.

DST only has the front(at us) animations, while DS has ones for the sides and back.

It was added in one of the SW updates, maybe it's in there? Only way to prove it (Due to lack of gif) would be to go in game and equip something facing every direction.

Hhhmmmm, let me try something.

EDIT Damnit, trying to get a picture or something, but DS refuses to start any worlds! Ham combat, and not, they all crash on loading screen.

How odd.

Edited by -Variant
  • Like 4

Alright, got Hornet to help me grab pictures, they're not gifs but hopefully they'll show you what I mean.

image.png.07e2bc79253fe2189509b83129537b49.png

image.png.b64bb799a610d23c4ed432073fc05fac.png

They're animations for equipping, but for the sides and back view.

DST is lacking in this, and I want to hopefully get them added.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

how even did you notice this?

What do you mean? The equip animations?

Has no one else noticed these? Everyone I ask about hasn't noticed this.

Maybe I'm an anomaly. 

I mean, it's so smooth in DS, but the ugly snap in DST bothers me.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, -Variant said:

What do you mean? The equip animations?

Has no one else noticed these? Everyone I ask about hasn't noticed this.

Maybe I'm an anomaly. 

I mean, it's so smooth in DS, but the ugly snap in DST bothers me.

I didn't notice it, but I'm guessing that's mainly because I usually equip my items on the move. Nice catch though. Now that I know about it, I'd love to have it in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2