Let's post bad advice for new players.

let your duplicants idle, they get less stressed if they idle a lot.

if you have problems with keeping your food fresh, you can heat it up to 150o, as it will kill all microbes, and prevent the food from spoiling.

if you ever find a sporechid flower, dig it up and plant it in your great hall / mess hall: it has a very big decor bonus. you only need 2: 1 for your barracks, and one for your great hall / mess hall: after having planted them, you will have no more stress problems.

never dig into the ice biome, unless you have exosuits or warm clothes: its very cold in there. remember to seal it off with insulated tiles and airlocks.

Trust everything you read on these forums, especially from older members with lots of posts and whatnot...

Only build their contraptions without skepticism, testing or thought.

Don't bother understanding how, or why the things work, and don't bother with making your own designs...you're here looking up stuff because you weren't smart enough to figure that out in the first place, so why bother.

Use the builds on these forums without thought to application or personal taste...Your personal taste doesn't matter anyway, only optimal number outputs with hundreds of autistic hours spent crunching them.

Don't bother using sandbox or developer mode to test out ideas. Make sure you build things in normal play-throughs always...because sandbox and dev mode are for scrubs.

On 5/11/2019 at 8:24 AM, Saturnus said:

Don't let people discourage you. Mushbars is an excellent food source for the long term.

They are actually a good food source if you have a grill and a cooking duplicant

...but Grilling them takes too much time! You're better off just eating them raw.

13 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Never use forum search, before creating new topics..

Actually @Oozinator, this is kinda true.  Don't use the forum search period. It's pretty useless. The real way to find things is by typing "site:forums.kleientertainment.com" into Google along with what you want to find.  So the "good" advice would be to first search for a topic in Google before you create a new topic.  But I guess I shouldn't say that here as it would be "good" advice, not "bad" advice, and then I'm off topic.....

Spoiler

And then you remind me (took a bit to find this one via Google)...

tp.PNG.148b5cae8043a470b383a9e04a11823d.

For full ONI experience, play ONI with Keyboard only!

On 21.6.2019 at 2:16 AM, mathmanican said:

But I guess I shouldn't say that here as it would be "good" advice, not "bad" advice, and then I'm off topic...

But when an iceberg would drift in front of your ship (let us call it for example Titanic) and you are sleeping (for example in a bed), would you not like to be informed, before the crash (for example 5 min.) is happening?
The ship is moving (for example with 8 knots) and there are no animals on the iceberg (penguins for example). Daytime is not important for this calculation, but wind would be (for example)!
hiddensluhumuhu.jpg.766f74b3d40facede7925a02f1003e3f.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, Nightinggale said:

The best way to avoid slimelung infections is to fill your entire base with chlorine.

When you have a hot room, you want to insulate, make sure to add steel doors to allow your dupes to access the room.

Actually, I did exactly this for the part of my base in the oil biome, to get rid of zombie spores, so this isn't such a terrible advice.

For some proper advice:
Don't use normal wires, immediately go for heavy watt wires so once your power grid begins to expand, it can hold the voltage properly without you having to redo your entire grid.

1 minute ago, suicide commando said:

Actually, I did exactly this for the part of my base in the oil biome, to get rid of zombie spores, so this isn't such a terrible advice.

Oil biome != "entire base". Usually your entire base includes stuff like farms.

22 hours ago, suicide commando said:

For some proper advice:
Don't use normal wires, immediately go for heavy watt wires so once your power grid begins to expand, it can hold the voltage properly without you having to redo your entire grid.

To refine this idea, it's best to use pretty heavy conductive wires from the start, as heavy watt wires will still need replacing eventually.  To get this underway, it's also best to use the crusher to refine all your copper for this undertaking.  No need to worry about raw copper for atmo suits as you will get the copper from the replicator.

Everything should just be powered with pretty heavy conductive wire, as this will save power in the long run, negating the use of transformers, batteries and it's automation, saving a few cpu calculations for later.

20 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

To refine this idea, it's best to use pretty heavy conductive wires from the start, as heavy watt wires will still need replacing eventually.  To get this underway, it's also best to use the crusher to refine all your copper for this undertaking.  No need to worry about raw copper for atmo suits as you will get the copper from the replicator.

always use normal heavy-watt wirte's as the decor bonus is not worth it. also, never use gold, as it will overload at lower power wattage.

1 hour ago, metallichydra said:

always use normal heavy-watt wirte's as the decor bonus is not worth it. also, never use gold, as it will overload at lower power wattage.

That's a fair point, we can make a compromise, use Heavy watt in the living quarters, while Pretty heavy conductive outside, as the decor bonus tends to be always negative anyway because it's pointless to place any decorative items outside of living quarters.

Archived