worst duplicants

Actually with supply research and operate interests she would have been the perfect astronaut (before the last updated which i did not check how the new job system works) and with uncultured she would even have a moral bonus. Who cares about art cook construct or care with astronauts?

I think a dupe which eats extra rations and breaths extra oxygen would be much worse.

This one just came up for me:

image.png.537e77a5fdae59141b9251e91dc94c4a.png

Yokel trait, so can't research... but has an interest in Suit Wearing -- which requires research.  Well, at least, anything above Exosuits.

image.thumb.png.bcb804b0a74db533099e4310db476236.png

I suppose she could farm 'shrooms, since they're in an exo-suit accessed area.  But I can't shoot her off to space.

On 12.5.2019 at 6:13 AM, goboking said:

From way back in the day, I present to you Hassan.

m9fgmzzgp88z.jpg?width=960&auto=webp&s=3

Note the profession for which the game thought he was best suited.

He´s good at nothing, but that for a very loooooong time. Maybe he should be renamed Tim Cook?

On 12/05/2019 at 8:44 PM, KittenIsAGeek said:

This one just came up for me:

image.png.537e77a5fdae59141b9251e91dc94c4a.png

Yokel trait, so can't research... but has an interest in Suit Wearing -- which requires research.  Well, at least, anything above Exosuits.

image.thumb.png.bcb804b0a74db533099e4310db476236.png

I suppose she could farm 'shrooms, since they're in an exo-suit accessed area.  But I can't shoot her off to space.

Maybe Marie just wants to be a space marine!

This thread reminds me of a colonist I once had in Rimworld (sadly no screenshot). She had 3 traits and 2 background traits. Each of them adding job restrictions. When putting all of them combined, then she could do combat.... and that's about it. No manual labor, no manufacturing, no caring, no research, no hauling etc. I still decided to keep her because the traits were tradeoffs granting bonuses to combat, making her totally overpowered during combat. It's just outside of combat she was eating my food and then doing not much else. I think I could assign her to guard prisoners as the only non-combat job.

2 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

This thread reminds me of a colonist I once had in Rimworld (sadly no screenshot).

What is your take in Rimworld? I was tempted to buy it several times, but so far I did not.

9 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

What is your take in Rimworld? I was tempted to buy it several times, but so far I did not.

Recently somebody on the forum asked if ONI is worth buying and people replied that the answer would be biased. Now we repeat the same thing with Rimworld. You ask the guy who has code contributions to so many Rimworld mods that I lost count. Also I have had a few cases of telling Rimworld developers of what to change in the code like "the code should do this" and each case has made it into the core game. I don't think I'm able to provide an unbiased reply :p

In a way both Rimworld and ONI share the fundamental idea. You manage a colony, you make a work schedule, work priorities etc. This means if you like one, you most likely also like the other one. However in certain aspects they are very different and as such it's impossible to say one is better than the other. Rimworld is far more advanced when it comes to work, recipes, colonist uniqueness, combat, relationships with other colonies etc. However Rimworld is more simple when it comes to buildings as "this is a building. Use it as it is". ONI can make petroleum boilers and other stuff relying on automation, pipes, temperature, pressure and stuff like that. Rimworld has nothing like that.

I find ONI superior due to last part. Being able to design your own machines is my main reason to currently spend more time on ONI than Rimworld. That and the fact that I'm only actively modding one thing at a time. I would still recommend both games though as always playing the same game is repetitive and both games are good.

Archived