worst duplicants

12 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

This thread reminds me of a colonist I once had in Rimworld (sadly no screenshot). She had 3 traits and 2 background traits. Each of them adding job restrictions. When putting all of them combined, then she could do combat.... and that's about it. No manual labor, no manufacturing, no caring, no research, no hauling etc. I still decided to keep her because the traits were tradeoffs granting bonuses to combat, making her totally overpowered during combat. It's just outside of combat she was eating my food and then doing not much else. I think I could assign her to guard prisoners as the only non-combat job.

Scenario: Naked brutality
Biome: Sea ice
Average temperature: -55.5 C permanent winter (planet pole)

Trait: CANNIBALISM= MASOCHIST= RIMWORLD

survival game time record: 5 hour in game a.k.a 0 days passed.

sorry man, the game really knocks my morality. i am done!

23 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

In a way both Rimworld and ONI share the fundamental idea. You manage a colony, you make a work schedule, work priorities etc. This means if you like one, you most likely also like the other one. However in certain aspects they are very different and as such it's impossible to say one is better than the other. Rimworld is far more advanced when it comes to work, recipes, colonist uniqueness, combat, relationships with other colonies etc. However Rimworld is more simple when it comes to buildings as "this is a building. Use it as it is". ONI can make petroleum boilers and other stuff relying on automation, pipes, temperature, pressure and stuff like that. Rimworld has nothing like that.

It really depends on what you like about a game.  I play ONI most days that I play games, I played Rimworld for a couple weeks before going back to ONI.  I liked the crafting and trading aspect of Rimworld and building your base.  I hated the raids, where you had to set up defenses etc.  Nightinggale is correct in saying that when you build something in Rimworld it is one specific bldg or item that does a specific thing and everyone has to use it that way.  In ONI, I can build an aquatuner and use it in multiple ways depending on how I design the system around it.  I can build a system in ONI to accomplish many different things.  The crafting in Rimworld is recipe based, so it gets boring quickly.  The trading would have been my fav (I loved Port Royale for the trading) but I'm not big on the raiding aspect and you usually have to fight raiders to do much trading.  

If you like designing defenses and going on offense, the fighting aspects of a game, you might get more enjoyment out of it than I did.  For me, it was okay, but ONI is much better as it fits my style of play better.  If I was going to play a different game than ONI right now, I'd go back to Port Royale III or Tropico 5 or Civ6 or Patrician III or Children of the Nile to give you an idea of my style.

Harold isn't perfect. He should have trypophobia instead of unconstructive. However come to think of it, I think they did add more rules about traits being mutual exclusive. It would be reasonable to assume trypophobia and mole hands are mutual exclusive.

Am I the only one who view the Nutrient Bar as "dumb as a brick" when the screenshot showed up in this context?

5 hours ago, Nightinggale said:

Am I the only one who view the Nutrient Bar as "dumb as a brick" when the screenshot showed up in this context?

You know, the NutriBar will never entomb itself or the like by dumb construction. It may actually be smarter than the dupes, dumb as it is.

Archived