Willow Character Update and More!

2 minutes ago, Masked_Misery said:

Please don't try to phrase it like my view is the result of me being some kind of simpleton who needs the story spoonfed to them.

Shadow creatures in the normal world was already confirmed in Maxwell's lore, this animation does not confirm Willow has powers as you never see her actually perform pyrokinesis and she doesn't distinctly have pyrokinesis in DST, Bernie is not a shadow creature repellent in DST they straight up attack him in DST which means the lore is either contradicting itself or he was altered upon entering the Constant; and I've not seen anything that confirms her parents are "missing". They could just be dead, for any number of reasons.

As I said, this animation says almost nothing. By comparison, in Winona's animation we learned all kinds of facts surrounding her entry in the Constant and her boss who also is significant to the story.

She has pyrokinesis in single player because she's not with Bernie, which is her emotional support. She does'nt have it in DST because she's reunited with Bernie.

12 minutes ago, Masked_Misery said:

Shadow creatures in the normal world was already confirmed in Maxwell's lore

Which came as no surprise as he was messing with the Codex. Willow's case is interesting because that's not the case.

this animation does not confirm Willow has powers as you never see her actually perform pyrokinesis and she doesn't distinctly have pyrokinesis in DST

A lovely explanation here (and ninja'd):

2 hours ago, Terra_Zina said:

Ooo I get the short now. So when Willow is separated from Bernie and nervous she'll light random fires like in vanilla, yes? And because there where so many flammables there it caused an explosion.

In vanilla, she was separated from Bernie, but in DST they where reunited!

Bernie is not a shadow creature repellent in DST they straight up attack him in DST which means the lore is either contradicting itself or he was altered upon entering the Constant;

Bernie was clearly a repellent for the Shadow Creatures as seen in the animatic. There are plenty of things in-game that don't align with the cinematics but if you wanna put some effort into it: he wasn't damage then, he is now. Weakened, and less effective? Up to interpretation.

I've not seen anything that confirms her parents are "missing". They could just be dead, for any number of reasons.

Correct, being an orphan just suggests they're out of the picture for whatever reason. Saying they're "missing" isn't quite right.

As I said, this animation says almost nothing. By comparison, in Winona's animation we learned all kinds of facts surrounding her entry in the Constant and her boss who also is significant to the story.

Not everything is going to be have a huge impact, or provide crazy revelations. Winona is extremely relevant right now because she has connections to both Charlue & Wagstaff—two huge pillars in the Don't Starve story. She was also aware of these strange disappearances and was collecting information surrounding them.

Willow wasn't like that. She was a victim. Danger came to her, she didn't seek it out.

Please don't try to phrase it like my view is the result of me being some kind of simpleton who needs the story spoonfed to them.

Then please don't act like you need it. There's only a few things to take from this animatic as opposed to Winona's but the significance is there. If you didn't like it that's fair. If you wanted MORE that's fair. But saying it's uninformative is simply incorrect. It merely didn't touch upon the subjects pertaining to your own interest.

Shadow creatures in the normal world was already confirmed in Maxwell's lore, this animation does not confirm Willow has powers as you never see her actually perform pyrokinesis and she doesn't distinctly have pyrokinesis in DST, Bernie is not a shadow creature repellent in DST they straight up attack him in DST which means the lore is either contradicting itself or he was altered upon entering the Constant; and I've not seen anything that confirms her parents are "missing". They could just be dead, for any number of reasons.

If you mean to imply that Shadow Creatures exist naturally in the real world, I was always under the assumption that they did not, and that Maxwell summoned them into the real world via the Codex Umbra. I immediately thought the one in the Willow short must've been a Shadow Creature which leaked out from Maxwell's fuckery.

Though, my previous post brings up two different theories, now that I think about it.

Theory A: Shadow Creatures do not exist naturally in the real world, and Maxwell screwed around with Shadow Creatures via the Codex Umbra and incantations and summoned some into the real world, some of which slipped out when Willow was a child. It was not until a decade or more later when Willow was in her adulthood that she got kidnapped into The Constant.

Theory B: Shadow Creatures do exist naturally in the real world, and Maxwell simply channeled them to use in his magic acts. Maxwell was performing his act a decade of more after the orphanage incident in the video, when Willow was already an adult, and she got kidnapped into The Constant not too long after Maxwell and Wilson.

2 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Theory B: Shadow Creatures do exist naturally in the real world ...

Naturally is a weird way of thinking about it.

I think they do originate from the Constant but were in the real world before Maxwell even did anything. After all the Codex was already in the real world somehow, Maxwell just utilized it. The question is whether the Codex was made in the real world or off-world.

EDIT: Totally missed minespatch's post. That's the same line of thinking I've got.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Naturally is a weird way of thinking about it.

I think they do originate from the Constant but were in the real world before Maxwell even did anything. After all the Codex was already in the real world somehow, Maxwell just utilized it. The question is whether the Codex was made in the real world or off-world.

EDIT: Totally missed minespatch's post. That's the same line of thinking I've got.

Can't help but agree, this is my train of thought, too.

They first came from the Constant, but were brought over via book.

Or possibly a rift, as Wagstaff suggests in some of SW's quotes. 

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

Drop Changes
We have removed icons, vignettes and profile backgrounds from the drop table. These items are still weaveable, however you will no longer receive them as drops. In addition, we have added about 100 color and slight variants of many existing common drops.

Originally we added the icons, vignettes and profile backgrounds so that we had more items to collect, but as many of these items were seasonal items, it gave the appearance that these were being dropped unintentionally. 

that needed to go thanks much

12 hours ago, JoeW said:

we have added about 100 color and slight variants of many existing common drops

wait new skins?

5 hours ago, Masked_Misery said:

Bernie is not a shadow creature repellent in DST they straight up attack him in DST which means the lore is either contradicting itself or he was altered upon entering the Constant;

She was holding Bernie, which gave her that last tick of Sanity necessary to stop being attacked by shadow creatures ;)

5 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Though, my previous post brings up two different theories, now that I think about it.

Theory A: Shadow Creatures do not exist naturally in the real world, and Maxwell screwed around with Shadow Creatures via the Codex Umbra and incantations and summoned some into the real world, some of which slipped out when Willow was a child. It was not until a decade or more later when Willow was in her adulthood that she got kidnapped into The Constant.

Theory B: Shadow Creatures do exist naturally in the real world, and Maxwell simply channeled them to use in his magic acts. Maxwell was performing his act a decade of more after the orphanage incident in the video, when Willow was already an adult, and she got kidnapped into The Constant not too long after Maxwell and Wilson.

I believe that the Shadow Creatures came to existence during Maxwell's magic acts, they probably leaked into the world while he was impressing his audience (both in his final act and his acts before that) and he didn't notice it.

the short was beautifully animated for the time you had, and im very impressed by that

despite the fire immunity im not really satisfied with the direction of her rework, but ill refrain from giving negative feedback for now. im glad you listened to the community for some of the issues she had before though

Hmm...I can't help but notice, that so far BOTH of the character-rework animations ended in some building blowing up in a ball of fire.

If this trend continues...does that mean the old sawmill Woodie used to work at will be "mysteriously" taken out by a summer forest fire?  ;)

...Notorious

1. Insanity Test (with Fire Immunity)

- stafflight / staffcoldlight (Star Caller / Moon Caller) : +30 per min.

- 10 twigs / 10 cutgrass : +9 

- 10 logs : +18

- Evergreen (30s) : +5

2. Insanity Test with 4 fire pits.

5cd2a1b3d6d46_.png.8755703090fd40434ec0861e33a21d8f.png

- +1 per 2~3 second. 

- +1 per second, with stafflight.

3. Freezing Insulation Test.

Insulation = 0 : -1'C per sec. 

Insulation = 60 : -1'C per 3 seconds [-1'C per 2.4 seconds for Willow]

Insulation = 120 : -1'C per 5 seconds [-1'C per 4 seconds for Willow]

Insulation = 240 : -1'C per 10 seconds [-1'C per 8 seconds for Willow]

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

Winter gear is slightly less effective at keeping Willow warm.

Works 80% of the normals.

4. BERNIE Army

5cd2a3a41638a_.png.f0386291884dd5c870f2a17f178668f6.png

17 hours ago, JoeW said:

Bernie grows big and will taunt and fight most hostile creatures when Willow is nearby and insane.

(when under 15%) 

- Once BERNIE activated and if there is another Willow under 15% of insanity but you're not anymore,

BERNIE does not grows small, and recognize another Willow as owner.

- If you can keep the distance of BERNIEs more than 5 turfs, then you can control plural BERNIEs.

5cd2a4c3c6847_.thumb.png.0fb5676aa1e51042e93770a79cbcd071.png

5. Application of BERNIE Army

DragonFly, BeeQueen, and FuelWeaver, The bosses not using AoE Attack.

https://youtu.be/Pi4kV2TjLmk

: My Friend knew that it could be fixed as bug, and that's why he took a video fast with not so good quality.

Anyway I hope this video could be a guide line for some boss raid.

6. Special thanks to my Korean friends,

vlrhsrhs , Mr.Dream , and Red Heart.

Thanks for your interest, have fun with Willow, without trolling. :D

호라.png

6 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Can't help but agree, this is my train of thought, too.

They first came from the Constant, but were brought over via book.

Or possibly a rift, as Wagstaff suggests in some of SW's quotes. 

The only big orphanage fire I can find was in 1901, so they must have come before the book was found. What I've always thought about the book was that some other magician was in the circus train with the book, and he had been using it until the crash. 

And Max says something about things being there before him, so we don't know what they were doing before he showed up.

Archived