[Game Update] - 324351

• Developer
  • Improved performance of the priority overlay
  • Added Puft blinking and tail flapping sounds
  • Slime Lung coughing once again produces actual germs
  • Fix bug in AddBuildingToPlanScreen() preventing modders from adding buildings to the Base menu
  • Roughed in The Spores sickness. Contracted from Sporechid germs, cured by Advanced Cure at the Advanced Doctoring Station. This sickness causes great weakness to the duplicant for almost 8 cycles
  • Fix a crash in the skills screen
  • Biohazardous and Germ Resistant traits modify the chance a duplicant will contract a disease

View full update

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Roughed in The Spores sickness. Contracted from Sporechid germs, cured by Advanced Cure at the Advanced Doctoring Station. This sickness causes great weakness to the duplicant for almost 8 cycles

So Zombies have been booted out for The Spores?

We're bringing back Spores again???

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Roughed in The Spores sickness. Contracted from Sporechid germs, cured by Advanced Cure at the Advanced Doctoring Station. This sickness causes great weakness to the duplicant for almost 8 cycles

Aw, I was looking forward to the zombie apocalypse.  Oh well, maybe in a future DLC?

1 minute ago, watermelen671 said:

Nope, it's The Spores

image.png.3523a0fe2e87856da4eeebb20b547327.png

...I wish I hadn't updated, I wanted to see what the old version was...

That looks...unpleasant.  Those boils look itchy; please tell me there's a scratching animation.  :)

Just now, goboking said:

That looks...unpleasant.  Those boils look itchy; please tell me there's a scratching animation.  :)

Nope, it's mostly just reused animation from Pre-Thermal, back when The Spores was still in the game.

So dupes just swaying back and forth, feeling miserable.

... 0_0

image.png.063db56687b8dd7a77f718a0f72c0dc0.pngimage.png.2e5721014f5a6be2cb6ef13c11a9df3f.png

OH MY GOD THAT IS HORRIFYING

4 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

Those germs are called Zombie spores, so maybe the mind-controlling animation was intended for something else?

True, however everything else is nicked from an old disease called The Spores.

It was in the game Pre-Thermal (old as heck), it and Trench Stench were the OG diseases before they were removed.

The contracted disease is even called "The Spores"

image.png.227f14595449b0cc17946ba98d8cb063.png

Spoiler

wut.gif.af2f134a7cf82356381f501374d445bb.gif

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Anybody knows a quick way how to give dupes slimelung now? I wanted to see the animations, but mining out a minor slime biome without suits and deodorizers produced exactly zero cases, even when I locked them in there for 3 cycles.

8 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Anybody knows a quick way how to give dupes slimelung now? I wanted to see the animations, but mining out a minor slime biome without suits and deodorizers produced exactly zero cases, even when I locked them in there for 3 cycles.

*Cough Cough* :wilson_wink:

But if not, make a debug colony, set it to miserable, and fill the oxygen with slimelung germs. They'll be infected in ~1 cycle.

I actually wonder how are dupes supposed to get infected by spores. The sporechid grows in the oil biome and it`s so hot there that you usually don`t apporach it without an exosuit. I`m pretty sure exosuits should prevent them from getting sick there.