The 2C3D

Extracting a wee bit of lore from Wortox’s quotes

TemporaryMan    1,316
2 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

We can get a clearer understanding of Abigail’s predicament. While Wickerbottom’s line says Abigail can’t be revived because she’s bound to an object, we didn’t know what that meant. Wortox implies that someone or something has already laid claim to Abigail. And whose souls did Wendy consumed? Hopefully, this’ll get cleared up more when Wendy gets reworked, but it’s starting to sound like that Wendy may have accidentally internalized/consumed Abigail’s soul...?

I always interpreted that as meaning her soul's bound to the flower.

• Like 1

Zhuzha    1,052
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

And Wendy (Reviver)- "Thanks for not eating that soul, [Wendy’s Username]!"

I think it's just a joke on how Wendy is a creepy little girl. Or maybe Wortox heard other survivors refer to her as creepy and thought she had some soul-stealing abilities too.

Edited by Zhuzha
  • Like 3

x0VERSUS1y    1,975
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

EG: imagine a world day 200 where the team already defeated the FW, then nightmare fissures start appearing in the surface at dusk and night, hound waves are replaced by another stronger version of creatures, other type of imp like creatures start making mischievous things around like stealing your food or attacking unprovoked, full moons become a lot more dangerous with many creatures roaming around, etc.

I think @minespatch posted recently an image from Klei's concept art for DS/T with a bigger hound variant to normal hounds before Vargs were introduced or something like that - the creature in question was like a buffed hound (even had a particular name if memory serves well). Those mobs could be contenders for normal/current hound waves post first FW defeat/Ruins restart and general amping-up of difficulty in the game if Klei will choose to take such direction.

Edited by x0VERSUS1y
*some corrections*
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

watermelen671    7,447
15 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

Hound_and_Howl_Hound_concept_art.thumb.png.66349c32c2f0a6abbdb24c2f004f3762.png

...is it odd that I find the Howl Hound oddly adorable? Like a big St. Bernard. :wilson_love:

Spoiler

Albeit with slightly more swol, and chicken legs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Angel_Octoling    1,219
6 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

With Abigail (failed revival)- "This soul's already been sucked! Hyuyu!”

Spoiler

6 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

Okay, if I’m honest I mostly included that quote because I found it funny that some random imp was throwing shade at the knowledge of the guy who talks like he’s all-knowing.

I mean, he is from the Constant, and Maxwell really hasn't used the book to it's full potential before he was smack didly thrown off the throne by Wilson. 

I wish to see more of it's power.

Side note, I wanna be careful as Wortox was confirmed to be partially non canon.
He does have place holder perks for Forge and Gorge, but has fully custom lines for both events, so that's really cool!

• Like 2

minespatch    44,832
1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

and chicken legs.

They could steal Boarilla's legs for the sprite sheet.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

watermelen671    7,447
1 hour ago, Angel_Octoling said:

He does have place holder perks for Forge and Gorge, but has fully custom lines for both events, so that's really cool!

soyousay.png.650c2efd9a8df22cf0f7ef326b429974.png

Disseminate immediately. 

Spoiler

Jeez, I sound like WX when I say it like that... :wilson_curious:

• Like 1

minespatch    44,832
2 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

BOARON = "Who invited a pig to this shindig?",

James Woods for Wortox. -slowly raises hand-

• Confused 1

axxel    587

I am curious why Wortox joined the gang. I haven't found good hints about this. He is like old Winona. After all, he is a monster from the constant and there are no real reason for the other survivors to trust him :confused:. And why does Charlie try to attack Wortox? Is that so because he is kind-hearted? So many questions...

• Like 3

Zhuzha    1,052
4 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

QUAGMIRE_SALT_RACK =
            GENERIC = " The mortals crave these minerals."

Oh Christ Almighty, the memeing.

4 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

QUAGMIRE_SLAUGHTERTOOL = "I don't like this sort of prank.",

Does he have a soft spot for beefalos in general? Can anyone post his other beefalo-related quotes?

• Like 2

Angel_Octoling    1,219
12 hours ago, ModsterMash said:

Hound_and_Howl_Hound_concept_art.thumb.png.66349c32c2f0a6abbdb24c2f004f3762.png

Rather old, I've seen this everywhere, but no matter how many times I see it, I still don't see it biting the player like a normal Hound would.

Rather, I see a player seeing it for the first time confused, it runs up to them, they think it's about to bite them, but in reality? I always imagined it sucker punching the player halfway across the map.
Look at those arms! Look at 'em! 

• Haha 2

metallichydra    539
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, SpikeGuy said:

Shadow Thurible- "Ooo! Smells like fire and brimstone!"

Note that the Thurible also smells like chemicals for Wilson, burnt hair for Willow, roses for Maxwell, and gasoline for Winona, and Webber notes that "it gets really hot". The scent definitely changes to ones significant to the observer, but I'm still not quite sure what kind of feelings it's supposed to induce in them. Nostalgia, maybe?

its kinda the same thing with shadow fuel.

willow say its hot, webber say its cold

webber quote for ancient chest is: "we feel cold"

Edited by metallichydra
  • Like 3

__IvoCZE__    2,567
27 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

its kinda the same thing with shadow fuel.

willow say its hot, webber say its cold

the fuel is certainly messing with brains, I mean literally the Ancients were megalomaniacs for the fuel but in the end the fuel was controlling them from the day they discovered it...

• Like 1

GetNerfedOn    817
Posted (edited)

Pardon the sudden, oddly specific request, but may i ask for Wortox's mural quotes? I haven't seen them anywhere, I fear tampering or delving into files, and I feel like more lore may be hiding there... though i may be grasping at straws here.

Edited by GetNerfedOn