[Game Update] - 322934

• Developer

Hotfix 322394

Just sneaking this one out before the weekend. Have a good one, folks!

• Zip extraction works correctly on OSX, allowing Workshop mods to be correctly installed

Hotfix 322848

• Fix Smart Battery automation descriptions and tooltips
    • Liquid Fan has been deprecated (can no longer be constructed)
    • Water and ice transition correctly inside Ice Maker / Icedro Fan
    • Balancing of Ice Maker / Icedro Fan heat and power usages
    • Squeamish now actually can't roll with a Caring interest
    • Gastrophobia and Gourmet can no longer roll together
    • Duplicants were earning skill experience at about 3x the rate they were tuned to, now the algorithm has been corrected.
    • Sick dupes will not wait for treatment at a doctor station if they are the only available doctor
    • Add dupes in space to consumables, priorities, skills and vitals screen
    • Dupes in space appear faded in these screens
    • Reorganize astronaut skills on the skill screen
    • Critters will no longer pass through doors set to "auto", even if a duplicant has opened it. They will pass through doors set to "open" though
    • Mods button is always active, instead showing a message if no mods are installed.
    • Pacifist trait no longer prevents digging Skills from being learned
    • Outer Space sounds will "calm down" around constructed bases
    • Gravitas Facility has its own ambience
    • Tweaked Drywall placement sound
    • Red Alert and Yellow Alert overlays no longer interfere with each other
    • Adjusted Yellow Alert sounds, added an activation sound for "!!" priority
    • Activating the Materials overlay no longer causes building plans to hide behind the ground
    • Mod preview images download correctly
    • Game restarts correctly after a mod is installed
    • Mods under development can now be placed in Documents/OxygenNotIncluded/mods/dev/<modname>. This will cause crashes and restarts to be handled slightly differently, to make iterating on mod development easier.
    • Duplicant portraits in the UI once again wear hats!
    • The top-left HUD element that used to show immune levels now counts sick duplicants
    • Added sounds to Icedro Fan
    • Steam Turbine can now get Engie's Tuneup
    • Can now rename storage lockers

View full update

• Like 19
    • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Critters will no longer pass through doors set to "auto", even if a duplicant has opened it. They will pass through doors set to "open" though

Awesome!  Thanks for this.

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Can now rename storage lockers

And again, awesome!  Seriously, thank you guys for being so receptive to player feedback.  It's appreciated, even if we don't voice that appreciate often enough.

Edited by goboking
    • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Squeegee said:

This is going to make organization so much better, thank you!!!

I don't have the game with me right now. Do you mind to tell me what you're showing in the picture? I can't get what is new just looking at it. :D

36 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Duplicants were earning skill experience at about 3x the rate they were tuned to, now the algorithm has been corrected

With a runner taking 4-5 cycles to get a skill point now, first skill level for chefs, artists, etc are somewhat more difficult than it used to be when they were able to get their starter skills rolling immediately.

I'd like to see first skill point be available on printing for a dupe to try to counteract this, even if we lose that first xp cost for skills for the first 'earned' point.

• Like 1

gravitas ambience? im kinda hyped to look that :). All nice changes thanks guys :). Im testing the qol mk3 and i see some problems when opening the prioritys overlay the game gets mega laggy, i think someone already posted it but just remembering. Hype for this and all next updates to oxy and dont starve :).

@Ipsquiggle what about the abyssalite problem? In the past we have the possibility to crush it and convert it to sand. Now we can't do this any more. So except for feed it to the abyss bugs (i have problems for now to breed a wild one - today i will make more testing) or convert it in insulation (too little) how can i dispose 560 tones?

Also if the programmers of klei can make neural vacillator be dismantled it will be perfect. I have or 7 and i need only one.

Also a usage of unused data banks maibe converted to neural vacilator  recharge or make it compostable.

Same whit balm lilies. Make them compostable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tzionut said:

Also if the programmers of klei can make neural vacillator be dismantled it will be perfect. I have or 7 and i need only one.

Problem with this is - if you accidently deconstruct them all  how exactly do you get one back.     I mean it's possible to accidently deconstruct one of them and not realize it was the last one until you clear the map.   

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:
    • Duplicants were earning skill experience at about 3x the rate they were tuned to, now the algorithm has been corrected.
    • Duplicant portraits in the UI once again wear hats!

1: Ahh, so that's why my colony no longer feels like a bunch of hamsters on speed. I kind of liked it while it lasted, maybe it would be a nice option to add an experience multiplier slider to the Custom Game setup (1 for normal, 1.5, 2, 3 and maybe 0.75 and 0.5 for those who like to go slow?)

2: Thank you, thank you, thank you! This will make shift and job management so much easier! Just a heads up: dupes without hats have no eyes and a green dot on their forehead on the shift assigment screen, but I can live with that for a couple of cycles :)

• Like 4

Problem with this is - if you accidently deconstruct them all  how exactly do you get one back.     I mean it's possible to accidently deconstruct one of them and not realize it was the last one until you clear the map. 

Is plausible but after you use all the recharge what you do whit 7. In this version of the game it only take space. You can receive an confirmation box that says is the last one, you are sure you want to... Is irritating in my perspective but it will prevent players to accidently deconstruct them all 

16 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Ideally, deconstructed AETN and Neuro Vascillators would drop some sort of non-manufacturable part that would you to (along with other materials) rebuild it somewhere else. 

I'd actually really like to be able to take apart the 3-5 AETN and rebuild them all in a central location. Same with a "training room" full of Neuro Vascillators. 

• Like 11
    • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Ideally, deconstructed AETN and Neuro Vascillators would drop some sort of non-manufacturable part that would you to (along with other materials) rebuild it somewhere else. 

I'd actually really like to be able to take apart the 3-5 AETN and rebuild them all in a central location. Same with a "training room" full of Neuro Vascillators. 

Yeah it would be great. Even more if you could bring infinite recharges from space.

• Like 1

Yeah it would be great. Even more if you could bring infinite recharges from space.

Not needed. If you can convert data banks to neural recharge lets say 1000/ 1 or 10000/1 or whatever you can have a late game research module purpose.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zergologist said:

Probably more like 500/1

I approve. That alone would keep my space program relevant long after I already got all the materials and artifacts I could ever need.

2 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

I just want to build a vending machine in my break room.  My dupes keep complaining about a lack of snacks every time they gather 'round the water cooler.

• Like 2