[Game Update] - 311694

• Developer
  • Red alert no longer prevents Duplicants from catching their breath (They will however, hold it for longer than usual)
  • Dupes in Red Alert will get the correct "holding breath" face when holding their breath
  • Can now set emergency priority with the '0' key the same way the other number keys set normal priorities.
  • Fix Filtered Output Pipe icon on the plumbing overlay
  • Fix liquid/gas input incorrectly updating liquid flow if the entire mass was consumed
  • Fix crashed caused by Errand time reporting
  • Cleaned up which systems were responsible for Red Alert from Emergency Priority errands. Now it's controlled directly from the building's priority, so setting the building priority will immediately toggle Red Alert on or off, regardless of whether there is an active chore. This makes it more consistent in all cases and improves the feedback of toggling the building's priority.
  • Buildings and other objects with emergency priority now have a "!!" status item visible in the main game view
  • If a building was only temporarily prioritizable (e.g. because of a Repair errand), it will stop causing Red Alert when that errand is finished.
  • Several temperature and mass related crashes were actually recoverable, so just put a warning in the output log and keep running the game.
  • Fix a crash then the Med Bed is set to emergency priority
  • Duplicants are allowed to remain in a med bed during Red Alert
  • Fix the priority numbers on the Minion Todo List being off by one.

View full update

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Priorities is still a mess

I do not understand why there are people around the forum who complain about priorities. I think they work pretty well and it's the part I like most about the game, that if you do everything right and you have everything well configured, you can leave orders for everyone and go to the bathroom, to the supermarket or for some food at the kitchen and game will continue to work perfectly without you.
I left the game alone for hours and when I return all are built, the floor is cleaned and the base has continued without any problems of food, oxygen or stress.

Edited by Mr.Trueba
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, GemeinerJack said:

Most people have like max priorities on dupes for building for example and than they are wondering why the prio 1 stuff gets build before the prio 9 algea terrarium gets supplied... *shrug*

That's the problem. Most people think that the only priorities are 1 to 9, but also exist the build, storage, tidy, etc. priorities. 
If you can find an equilibrium, the game runs very smoothly and most of the things are built at the moment.

• Like 3

Not quite. I have lev 6 priorities for essential stuff (food production,forge, kiln, and some storage), and 6 for building..and 1- to 3 for automation stuff. If i go to 9 or for an emergency building tile... i stay between 50 - 200 seconds for the work to be done, even if the resources for the tile is right next to the tile, or are dupe that finish a job next to the emergency build tile. All my priorities are to default (build, care...etc) to my all dupes. The problem is that dupes pick a job regarding availability instead of range from the job and then availability.

I have dupe running from my base to make an emergency sweep, when another dupe finish the job 1 second later a make that command just next to the emergency sweep.  In my vision if emergency task is activated the closest dupe from that job abandon the previous job and make that emergency job until is finish, then resume the previous list. If not that option will be useless. 

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

The sweeper wont work issue is already known. The are investigating it.

When the status of both of the posted bug reports is still : 

" Status: Pending

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.  " 

I think it's reasonable to ask directly :) 

There are bug reports from 18 months ago that are already known by the devs, doesn't mean they're actively working on fixing them right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

When the status of both of the posted bug reports is still : 

" Status: Pending

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.  " 

I think it's reasonable to ask directly :) 

There are bug reports from 18 months ago that are already known by the devs, doesn't mean they're actively working on fixing them right now.

IMO, sweepers not working should be a high priority to fix. I can accept that for instance the steam turbine issues are lower priority, but conveyor and automation are a large part of the game. Not able to use them is missing out on a large part of the game. I effectively cannot play the game without the sweeper working!

Just now, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

IMO, sweepers not working should be a high priority to fix. I can accept that for instance the steam turbine issues are lower priority, but conveyor and automation are a large part of the game. Not able to use them is missing out on a large part of the game. I effectively cannot play the game without the sweeper working!

I'd say everybody values different bugs/exploits at different priorities - depending on playstyle most likely.

Personally I nearly sacked the game off altogether when it took so long to fix the animation bug on bunker doors, but hey - 5 months later it was finally fixed :D 

Sometimes a seemingly trivial bug that seems like it should be so simple to fix, can quite possibly be a deep rooted nightmare for the devs. I ***** and whine like the best of them when something frustrating plagues my bases (#ruinsdeletionwhen?) but it's worth considering that what's maybe high priority for us is really not much of a consideration in the development process.

Also, don't forget - one persons exploit is another persons feature ;) 

20 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I'd say everybody values different bugs/exploits at different priorities - depending on playstyle most likely.

Personally I nearly sacked the game off altogether when it took so long to fix the animation bug on bunker doors, but hey - 5 months later it was finally fixed :D 

Sometimes a seemingly trivial bug that seems like it should be so simple to fix, can quite possibly be a deep rooted nightmare for the devs. I ***** and whine like the best of them when something frustrating plagues my bases (#ruinsdeletionwhen?) but it's worth considering that what's maybe high priority for us is really not much of a consideration in the development process.

Also, don't forget - one persons exploit is another persons feature ;) 

You do get what I was saying, right? I hardly call sweepers not working a feature :D. And yes, the bunker door animation bug was quite annoying, but they would close and open eventually, just with a delay you could alteast build around fairly easy. Sweepers not working, that is game breaking for me. I am at the point where I want to automate my base as much as possible, including the food storage and supply. That's gone out of the window now.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

including the food storage and supply

Food storage already tends to bug without sweepers. My ration box sometimes show as empty but dupes won't put food in it. I have to uncheck all and then check again and dupes will put the food in it again.

I've never considered automating the kitchen because of the food issues when stored and moved by sweepers. I tried a bit once and never done it again. I read the patchnotes everytime hoping to see it fixed but it never happens sadly :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

You do get what I was saying, right? I hardly call sweepers not working a feature :D. And yes, the bunker door animation bug was quite annoying, but they would close and open eventually, just with a delay you could alteast build around fairly easy. Sweepers not working, that is game breaking for me. I am at the point where I want to automate my base as much as possible, including the food storage and supply. That's gone out of the window now.

Yes, I do get what you're saying. Mine seem to work just fine from what I've observed. That being said, I do tend to save/load at least once every few hours.

To show the point I was making - I currently don't care a single bit about this bug as I haven't experienced it yet :D Give me a week and i'll be waving my pitchfork along side you...

15 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Yes, I do get what you're saying. Mine seem to work just fine from what I've observed. That being said, I do tend to save/load at least once every few hours.

To show the point I was making - I currently don't care a single bit about this bug as I haven't experienced it yet :D Give me a week and i'll be waving my pitchfork along side you...

Pitchforks? That's so dark age. Nowadays we laser them :p

6 hours ago, Mr.Trueba said:

That's the problem. Most people think that the only priorities are 1 to 9, but also exist the build, storage, tidy, etc. priorities. 
If you can find an equilibrium, the game runs very smoothly and most of the things are built at the moment.

Klei has done a lot to make it obvious how prios work now. People just need to look at the info provided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Christophlette said:

Food storage already tends to bug without sweepers. My ration box sometimes show as empty but dupes won't put food in it. I have to uncheck all and then check again and dupes will put the food in it again.

I've never considered automating the kitchen because of the food issues when stored and moved by sweepers. I tried a bit once and never done it again. I read the patchnotes everytime hoping to see it fixed but it never happens sadly :(

that bug has been around for at least a year.  You have to unclick the food, reclick and then they load it up.

Why is putting something on a pedestal a "farm and supply" task ?

(Not sure what it should/could be besides supply but at least not farming.^^)

PS: My auto-sweepers seem to work without any problems since this update.

So did someone encounter the "auto-sweeper bug"  in the current version ?

Sweeper stopped working again.

Spoiler

flow.thumb.png.dda32da16330db48c2f72283fe24b663.png

I have a valve set to full 4kg/s and I have 40 bristle berries in each row.

Each row should consume 800kg water each cycle, so 3 rows should consume 2400kg or an equivalent of 4kg/s.

=> Plants consume an odd amount of liquid.

(Not sure if it happened with this update but it didn´t happen before QoL MK2.)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

8 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Instead of reloading every couple of hours, i like leaving the game run unattended for a while and return to see what broke, or what can be improved... One time i returned and saw all my dupes dead because a sweeper didn't deliver coal to the power plant that was powering the oxygen production plant.

I am not playing as much since the patch, i might be grabbing that pitchfork soon enough ._.

• Like 1

Yeah the sweeper bug is killing me....

My powerplant uses Slush geyser water to keep it cool, and then that water is sieved and cooled and used for berries.

If I run the game for any amount of time over 30 minutes, the sweeper supplying the sieve stops working, the slush water stops, the powerplant overheats, and my food stops getting water....

Most annoying bug ever, especially since this is all vacuum isolated and my only fix is saving and loading over and over.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eXponentia said:

There's an option to prioritize based on distance over the hidden heirarchy in the priority options in the top right.

Oh there is??  I’ll have to find that. Seems like it should be that way by default. 

Regarding sweepers someone mentioned putting them on a timer to deactivate for a little while daily does fix them.