Possible new character in Hamlet?

17 hours ago, Mikro said:

Hope it doesn’t become one of those unimplemented characters. It’s got a really sweet design.

14 hours ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

I really hope he gets added to the game, I had hoped for more characters other than Wilba and Warbucks

He was just recently added into the files like, yesterday.

15 hours ago, NorthicaN said:

Lol i thought he has 3 arms but noticed there is second one behind him too

This is a Spriter issue, when using spriter it loads every sprite, so everyone (Wilson, Willow, ECT) will all have dupes and 3 arms.

15 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

They have a kickbutt design, those branch horns are awesome. They ought to have an interesting playstyle, being a plant creature. I'm very intrigued by the gem in their body. And is that a tail?

I thought it was a tail.  Other people see a third arm.  Interesting!

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

They have a kickbutt design, those branch horns are awesome. They ought to have an interesting playstyle, being a plant creature. I'm very intrigued by the gem in their body. And is that a tail?

45 minutes ago, ucw said:

about the tail, If you look closely it's just a secondary model for when he's holding an item, you can kinda see the fist lines if you look close enough.

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

And is that a tail?

45 minutes ago, ucw said:

There is a third arm—when character builds are loaded in the animation program it shows both holding nothing, and holding "something".

That said there is a little branch forming from the lower waist that could be seen as a tail.

It like people see a new character design by Klei, instantly want it in the game, no consideration for game balance, lore, mechanics or game feel; if it exists it must be in game. Grow up people. Don't you think we have enough characters as is?

59 minutes ago, Charsis said:

It like people see a new character design by Klei, instantly want it in the game, no consideration for game balance, lore, mechanics or game feel; if it exists it must be in game. Grow up people. Don't you think we have enough characters as is?

When will people realize the least "grown up" thing someone can do is tell someone else to "grow up".

It's not that people aren't considering those things. We can't. We don't know what the lore implications are. We don't know what perks they'll have. All we know is that they have a kick-ass design, and ear-tearing sounds.

EDIT: For the record I like the sounds, but I can see where people are coming from.

56 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Ah yes, growing up means not wanting what's possible in the future. In the meantime, I'll go tell Klei that they should stop making characters (even this one which looks finished almost) because that only makes the game worse.

52 minutes ago, Charsis said:

If the character makes it in to the files it means Klei had an idea about making a uniqe character. 

People want to try something new instead of going Wilson for the 89th time. 

New characters introduce more ways to enjoy the game... 

2 hours ago, Charsis said:

The fact that matters is that the character exists already. Balance, Lore, mechanics, etc has already been considered for us if they do decide to add it.

On 1/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, Charsis said:

i dont' see anyone here begging for it to be released NOW lol. There is no harm in showing appreciation for a character design and hoping it would get added

some people just need to lighten up =P

anyways, Shipwrecked released with several new characters, Hamlet so far has 2. It wouldn't be inconceivable for a 3rd to be added

On 27. 1. 2019 at 1:20 AM, Charsis said:

it like pepes see a new charoktor degosin by Glei, isntanjtly want in da gam, no cosiduration fur game balance ,lure, mechaniks or gam feel if it exist it mesut be in gam. GLOW up pepes, Don't starve you thonk we hab enugh charoktors as is?

Someone wants to be a mythical plant stuff? I say let them die of poisoning by eating deadly berries

this is a dlc and characters are added for each dlc, plus the SW+HAM are like trippy wilson dreams that are not-canon and there is no lore whatsoever. 

Remember Volcano Magic from SW? It is literal spin-off of Ruin magic...

plus spin-offs aren't quite canon themselves... *thonk*

On 27/01/2019 at 1:14 AM, Zeklo said:

When will people realize the least "grown up" thing someone can do is tell someone else to "grow up".

It's not that people aren't considering those things. We can't. We don't know what the lore implications are. We don't know what perks they'll have. All we know is that they have a kick-ass design, and ear-tearing sounds.

EDIT: For the record I like the sounds, but I can see where people are coming from.

On 27/01/2019 at 1:19 AM, Spaartan said:

Ah yes, growing up means not wanting what's possible in the future. In the meantime, I'll go tell Klei that they should stop making characters (even this one which looks finished almost) because that only makes the game worse.

On 27/01/2019 at 1:20 AM, Hx380 said:

If the character makes it in to the files it means Klei had an idea about making a uniqe character. 

People want to try something new instead of going Wilson for the 89th time. 

New characters introduce more ways to enjoy the game... 

On 27/01/2019 at 2:38 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

The fact that matters is that the character exists already. Balance, Lore, mechanics, etc has already been considered for us if they do decide to add it.

On 28/01/2019 at 3:10 AM, Jynn said:

i dont' see anyone here begging for it to be released NOW lol. There is no harm in showing appreciation for a character design and hoping it would get added

some people just need to lighten up =P

anyways, Shipwrecked released with several new characters, Hamlet so far has 2. It wouldn't be inconceivable for a 3rd to be added

On 30/01/2019 at 9:26 PM, __IvoCZE__ said:

it like pepes see a new charoktor degosin by Glei, isntanjtly want in da gam, no cosiduration fur game balance ,lure, mechaniks or gam feel if it exist it mesut be in gam. GLOW up pepes, Don't starve you thonk we hab enugh charoktors as is?

Someone wants to be a mythical plant stuff? I say let them die of poisoning by eating deadly berries

this is a dlc and characters are added for each dlc, plus the SW+HAM are like trippy wilson dreams that are not-canon and there is no lore whatsoever. 

Remember Volcano Magic from SW? It is literal spin-off of Ruin magic...

plus spin-offs aren't quite canon themselves... *thonk*

?

Lmao, just proving my point further :D

Archived