Bigfoot

Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2019

Sketched_Philo    931
4 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

pls suggest this in the suggestions section.. it belongs there

This is relevant to the current discussion, so I will post it here.

I also have a persistent suspicion that the suggestions channel doesn't get much attention from the developers......

• Like 3

ImDaMisterL    19,469
1 hour ago, Sketched_Philo said:

I also have a persistent suspicion that the suggestions channel doesn't get much attention from the developers......

They might not post much there, but they read it, don't worry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FreyaMaluk    4,160
1 hour ago, AnnoyingAudience said:

I'm just gonna have to touch up on these statements you said:

If it was changed, it would not be irrelevant at all. If klei were to listen to us and create a more balanced, better experience for PvP, people are gonna play it. Think about it, if there is a balanced system where no matter what character you use, you can win. Each character has a weakness and the strong extra damage characters (Wolfgang, Wigfrid) or characters with a gimmick that can either create an imbalance in the system, in terms of PvP, (Wortox, Wickerbottom) would be slightly toned down and have an easy counter to them. For example, Wicker would have more start up time on Sleepytime Stories and the spell is released on, let's say, frame 20 or longer of that animation, but retains its range. That way, a player can easily counter her if they see her, making it not broken and a fair way to balance it out. If new or old players see that PvP has been changed for easier and more fair combat, it would become anything but irrelevant, attracting old and new players alike.

Like I said before, it can become enhanced and popularized by Klei. They have all the power to do such a course of action, and I can assure you, a PvP rework would keep the game fresh and interesting, because maybe you wanna see your favorite iconic Don't Starve characters duke it out with a various selection of weapons, armor, strategies, or maybe you want an extra twist to your typical survival. If these things were to be tinkered, we would have a perfect survival game. That way, you can choose between a fair PvE system and a fair PvP system so that both fans of those modes can enjoy what they want. This character update could include ways to balance out PvP, like I said, toning down imbalances, and creating characters that can be fit for a fighting environment, much like @Sketched_Philo's point. It wouldn't be irrelevant at all if PvP was tinkered and I can assure you, player numbers would rise. Some players might not be into the whole shtick of building bases and just surviving, and a lot of players wanna have an experience similar to that of PvP survival games, such as Rust, Minecraft, etc. 

DST has the potential to become an excellent PvE and PvP game with both modes focused on one thing: teamwork. You can form alliances in PvP, which still remains it's team orientated title, and PvE, of course, working together. 

In conclusion, Klei has all the power to use this character update to update PvP's system. Of course, I believe that it should be focused on after all the characters on their agenda are rebalanced, and then touch up on PvP. All of the cast of this game are unique in their own way, and changing them slightly for specifically PvP can keep the game fresh and new for old and new players alike.

All these changes are major.. This is gonna take a huge amount of Dev time for an underused feature

And after so much time of waiting for a rebalance for the 97% of the Player base, why should the devs pay any pressing attention to an underused feature that only 3% or less cares about. 

That's why I ask you to place this on the suggestions... Cuz this would require a change of focus for another update 

Rn PvE should take precedence. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Sketched_Philo said:

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before, but character stats and abilities could be different when playing on a server with PvP enabled. That way it wouldn't conflict with the PvE balancing. So the PvP rework would be small AND not affect PvE at all if done like this.

I like being able to turn the PvP setting on or off depending on what I'm doing in my world. Having different stats would disable that option. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dynamix_Roxx    75
Posted (edited)

6 days left in April. No news yet. :(

A confirmation that something is coming would be nice. A teaser trailer. Anything. How long after the new content drops will PS4 actually get it?

Secondly, I go to check on Griftlands and read this. This is why news is good. 

Edited by Dynamix_Roxx

x0VERSUS1y    2,574
33 minutes ago, AnnoyingAudience said:

..if Klei worked on PvP it's player base would increase dramatically. The only reason of why PvP is that 3% you stated..

Do you have any factual evidence backing up your "if Klei worked on PvP it's player base would increase dramatically"?

What that "dramatically" means in relation to mentioned (and verifiable) 1-4% current PvP online servers?

Is there a hidden bulk of PvPers just waiting to buy DST only for the PvP aspect - and you know of it because..?

Is there a significant percentage in current player-base just waiting the opportunity to jump into a "bran new and reworked PvP" - and if so where is your evidence?

Is there a consistent and dedicated PvP community out there? Some examples?

Is there a pretty big PvP mod-balance team and the like out there with Steam Grups and whatnot - examples?

You know, backing up your claim beyond "I believe since ...Minecraft has?!" (furthermore what "big PvP community in MInecraft" amounts to: what's the effective percentage of PvPlayers in Minecraft related to its total active player-base to have a standard of sorts)

Because, again: when you repeatedly ask a small developer team like Klei to prioritize a minimal/side-dish aspect of DST in an already seemingly tight and full-to-the-brim schedule, and they decide to cater by some miracle, you will surely get additional delays. Basically an investment with pretty big demand on resources yet more than questionable probable returns/profit - once more this being my ultimate concern: surplus delays in update releases.

And pls don't just get your pro-PvP "wannabe bandwagony" lobbyist duo Crimson Chin and Lillyth friends as back-up "evidence" posters, plus their new BeanBagSonic addition, this approach is getting tiresome by this point.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Dynamix_Roxx    75

The team is now working on brand new content for Don’t Starve Together. Survivors will be able to travel to new lands with new biomes, creatures, and more. 

The first drop of this new content will come in mid-April, and we will continually be adding to the content every couple months afterward.

”Mid-April”, posted on January 22. When will I see the update? In July? Ps4 update in September?  Posting some kind of news would be considerate. 

x0VERSUS1y    2,574
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BeanBagSonic said:

Why do you want to exclude a percentage of players from the game we like so much?

It's not about exclusion per se, but priority. Making something peripheral a priority requires a solid motive - and I for one don't see it in PvP's case. If is not about priority like Trenix put it ("Please focus on.. PvP"), but consideration as you frame it, sure. No quarrel there.

1 hour ago, BeanBagSonic said:

Once again you seem to be name-calling, which with your currently unpleasant attitude is rather upsetting. Not only is this last post outright slanderous and unnecessary, but it's also contradicting your desire for "PvPers" to gather evidence of other players who enjoy PvP. If this is all tiresome for you, you can simply stop posting direct jabs at forumers who enjoy PvP and, in your words, "move on" from this thread.

Your "name-calling" is citation or to be precise punctual enumeration (who wants it) of actual people that seem avidly pro-PvP and only posting about it. People that seem to take everything too personal and only reinforce stereotypes regarding volatility of PvPlayers.

52 minutes ago, Trenix said:

I believe PvP and PvE should be balanced together, rather than having separate game modes. Of course, PvP should still be optional.

By that you mean massive character nerfs, right? To be first and foremost PvP-balanced as a start for everything else. Not 2 separate type of balance, the one taking place this year for PvE and another separate strictly-mechanical one for proper PvP, but just a general one where all characters are brought to a more-or-less common denominator? Hmmm..

Edited by x0VERSUS1y
*additions and corrections*
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Trenix    263
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

By that you mean massive character nerfs, right? To be first and foremost PvP-balanced as a start for everything else. Not 2 separate type of balance, the one taking place this year for PvE and another separate strictly-mechanical one for proper PvP, but just a general one where all characters are brought to a more-or-less common denominator? Hmmm..

I'm not sure how there is a massive character nerfs required. As of now, it seems like all characters are being properly re-balanced. Maybe it's a good idea to balance them and make every character viable and good in their own right, before PvP gets implemented properly. After that, balancing can be rather easy. Simply use items to differentiate between player damage and mob damage. That way, you can scale DPS differently based on what's PvP and what isn't. Another thing this will allow is for the developers to add CC effects to players from certain items, but not mobs.

Like using a weapon to stun or slow a player temporarily close range. Another thing that PvP desperately needs, is a way to net players or hit them with a ranged attack in attempt to slow them. Something as simple as being able to throw a spear would help quite a bit, maybe it should only be possible for PvP, but not PvE. Honestly it's very easy to re-blance the game. Just maybe, I might work on a mod to show what could be possible with the game if it had PvP within it. Yet things like this kind of push me back, because why would I mod a game when I can use that effort and time into other projects which can directly benefit me. Maybe I'll ask for donations, otherwise it's just not worth it.

The real sad part is that PvP would work extremely well in a game like this. Jungle Troll Tribes was an extremely popular custom map in Warcraft III. Developers at the very least consider some paid DLC as a spinoff for PvP players. I'd buy. You have everything you need to remake a classic that will sell and be potentially just as popular, if not more popular than this current game. I really wouldn't want it to be a different game, because it will separate the player-base with very little gain, though anything is better than nothing.

Edited by Trenix
  • Like 3

Pop Guy    1,827

Serious moment: Perhaps the PvP could be changed by partly recycling the Forge: a large arena where two teams of three players beat each other. The weapons are the same as the Forge (they were well balanced) with a life bracket each team.
On paper it seems funny and not too demanding to accomplish :D

• Like 1

Trenix    263
Just now, Pop Guy said:

Serious moment: Perhaps the PvP could be changed by partly recycling the Forge: a large arena where two teams of three players beat each other. The weapons are the same as the Forge (they were well balanced) with a life bracket each team.
On paper it seems funny and not too demanding to accomplish :D

Yeah that was something I suggested in the suggestion forum. However I do feel that the wilderness game mode needs to be put into use, since it's actually the best thing for PvP. For Endless, it's more of a social thing. For survival, you're not going to kill someone who will drain your sanity afterwards. In Wilderness, you're thrown in the middle of nowhere and you survive. If you die, you create a new character and start from scratch.

I've actually tried this before and believe it or not, it really was fun because you saw random empty bases around the world and took advantage with what was available. Having a game mode for some tribal warfare would be great, but we also need some never ending PvP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pop Guy    1,827
2 minutes ago, BeanBagSonic said:

Haha, you beat me to it! I was going to more or less say the same thing: It would be great to see the Forge and Gorge mechanics/assets being incorporated into the base game somehow. I personally really, really miss the Gorge cooking stations, and the meals. Their sprite work was fantastic, and I really miss them. Heck, I would toss all my money for a chef character, and that's a character idea that already exists!

Reveal hidden contents

Imagine handing a cheeseburger to a starving Day 1 Wilson...

Although some still say that events were marginal, negligible or even ugly things, I consider them the highest points ever reached by DST. Defeating the Grand Forge Boarrior after four days of the first season of the Forge made me rejoice with friends such as rarely made me rejoice a game.
I think DST should have evolved in that direction: there you played together. There you cooperate. Six warriors against the horrors of the Constant.:afro:

3 minutes ago, Hatano Eichero said:

Geez. When I posted "Beanbag I love you" I got this.

sfasdfasdnfjadnfjsdndfnsdfjkasndfknasdjkfn

[...]

It's a private discussion, I don't know if you should share it without asking Freya... :confused:

• Like 4

Hatano Eichero    350

I apologize, the post was disrespectful and was probably the worst way I could've vented out my frustration about the situation.

• Like 1

FuffledBeeQueen    1,805
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Move on please.Any further off topic discussion will be met with an official warning. 

Sooo hi Joe and anything scheduled for tomorrow cough cough Willow cough cough or not ready yet?
It's almost May so just wonderin'

Edited by FuffledBeeQueen
  • Haha 4

Dynamix_Roxx    75
3 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Once our timeline gets out of whack we have to regroup and figure out what that means before I can tell you about it. 

Finally some news. That doesn’t sound good though. 

• Like 2

Axelocke    1,470
Just now, JoeW said:

I am going to post about what's going on tomorrow. We had meetings today and had to figure out some timelines and I will update everybody with the juicy info once I get things together.

Once our timeline gets out of whack we have to regroup and figure out what that means before I can tell you about it. 

Thanks for clearing this up, JoeW. I wish you and the team all the best! :wilson_love:

• Like 1

minespatch    49,466
26 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I am going to post about what's going on tomorrow. We had meetings today and had to figure out some timelines and I will update everybody with the juicy info tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Thursday. Makes sense.

• Like 1

Pab10Suarez    715
Just now, JoeW said:

I am going to post about what's going on tomorrow. We had meetings today and had to figure out some timelines and I will update everybody with the juicy info once I get things together.

Ok i trained my finger, now is time  to spam f5 in general discussion

• Like 1
  • Haha 2