Don't Starve: Hamlet. The Aporkalypse!

Jason

I think I am on my 41 day in Hamlet, I am not quite ready for the apocalypse season yet and I don't know how to find the Calendar since I assume I find it on the Fifth island that's not in my file.

Or do I have to start over and start a new file that doesn't have the apocalypse season in the setting?

Also are the Seasons "fixed" now or are they still all about 10 days each?

@Jason there is a thing that is a MUST FOR REAL when talking about features on DST to DS: fog of war sight. 

Seriously, I think that everyone agree with that. In DST, if you see it on your screen, it is in your revealed map. In DS, it is NOT!

For real, we need that adjustment, please :D

5 hours ago, TheMetalMan said:

I think I am on my 41 day in Hamlet, I am not quite ready for the apocalypse season yet and I don't know how to find the Calendar since I assume I find it on the Fifth island that's not in my file.

Or do I have to start over and start a new file that doesn't have the apocalypse season in the setting?

Also are the Seasons "fixed" now or are they still all about 10 days each?

They're supposed to be short. it ain't a bug.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

We're not bringing all the content from DST to DS. That's not the intent. But there are a couple pieces we want to bring over as well as just some of the changes that make playing nicer. 

If that means introducing smoldering then RIP fire farms :(

27 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

If that means introducing smoldering then RIP fire farms :(

This is a goodthing, allows you to easily stop small fires from getting out of control and destroying fields, plus, if you're abusing fire farms you might as well just give yourself stuff with the console

10 minutes ago, cannonball 594 said:

They probably won’t.

i expect to get fences,signs, and riding

and that’s probably it

It will be really disappointing if they don't add smoldering 

Also signs without the feather penicil ?

Beefalo taming without salt lick and brush(it needs eewcus) ?

• Developer
9 hours ago, TheMetalMan said:

@TheMetalMan save files generated before the Aporkalypse update get patched with the Calendar being hidden in one of the other ruins, so if you don't have the Fifth Island you can still stop the Aporkalypse.

3 hours ago, HugoM said:

@TheMetalMan save files generated before the Aporkalypse update get patched with the Calendar being hidden in one of the other ruins, so if you don't have the Fifth Island you can still stop the Aporkalypse.

I have to stop the Aporkalypse BY MYSELF?

That is WAY too much pressure!

Sadie Worried Steven Universe.PNG

Can we get an Aporkalypse start option in world gen by any chance at some point, if it isn't already planned? I really want to try a challenge run under the new conditions brought by the event without having to resort to commands or mods. :D

6 hours ago, sosiskaKi said:

Singleplayer is good enough now, no need DST content. Except doing things on spacebar, when you holding item on cursor.

Quite a few players still play the single player DS. I totally disagree with you/

23 hours ago, sosiskaKi said:

Singleplayer is good enough now, no need DST content. Except doing things on spacebar, when you holding item on cursor.

Craft bar is way better in DST than DS (the outdated, eye poking, cluttered annoyance).That would be also great addition.

Archived