Don't Starve: Hamlet. The Aporkalypse!

Jason

thanks

36 minutes ago, Philsam said:

For now, we do not know: /

actually it cant be for just hamlet worlds because the image for the update is a beefalo and there are no beefalo in hamlet so i beleave that it will be the first update to dont starve itself in years!

also what do you think the probability of skins being universal for both games will be i would love to have all my skins in hamlet

3 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

thanks

actually it cant be for just hamlet worlds because the image for the update is a beefalo and there are no beefalo in hamlet so i beleave that it will be the first update to dont starve itself in years!

also what do you think the probability of skins being universal for both games will be i would love to have all my skins in hamlet

If you want skins in Hamlet, check out these mods: 

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198402738517/myworkshopfiles/?appid=219740

The mods put nearly all of the DST character, item and structure skins into DS. They update the mod every few days with more skins. Playing Hamlet with Hooded Gladiator Maxwell is awesome. I’ve built a base with an Ornamental Birdcage, a bunch of Ancient Chests, A Chestihatitator (Chester skin), the Space Pod Alchemy Engine, and a Fanged Firepit! Not to mention my Potroast Ham Bat, Dog Football Helmet and Fanged Collar Log Suit worn by the one and only WX-78 Rook. When I’m not exploring with my Ancient Walking Cane, that is.

Really hope those "Quality of Life" improvements don't include pets and gates.

Time and time again people have asked the devs for this stuff in the past, and the continued reasoning for not adding stuff like that was because it breaks the theme of Don't Starve.

Multiplayer for a LONG time was a joke in the community as well.

Don't Starve is a "An Uncompromising Wilderness Survival Game", every thing is trying to kill you, and you are always under pressure. Being able to make the wilderness your home doesn't fit with the theme.

Multiplayer in its core loses a lot of that, and while they were at it they started adding a bunch of 'fun' party elements that took away from the hardcore survival theme. Which is fine, the idea of playing the game multiplayer was good enough and its a separate experience... (same with Hamlet, I suppose...), but it some changes don't belong in the single player.

Chest and Glommer are the closest thing to pets, but the joke is that they only give a **** about the Eye Bone and Flower respectively, and they are both gross annoying creatures.

Just now, Rellimarual said:

I am with you on pets, but gates? How is that a “party” element? In effect, the game permits them by allowing walls to be removed and repaired, so why not just make a more elegant solution to that need available?

It's the idea of creating a home, the ability to lock off threats.

There's a reason the devs never added them.

All of the requested features that the devs turned down we're added with multiplayer, as multiplayer breaks the theme anyways.

11 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

All of the requested features that the devs turned down we're added with multiplayer, as multiplayer breaks the theme anyways.

I mean sure. But at the same time you are writing this on the hamlet section of the forum, an expansion dlc which allow you to purchase your own home and customize it.

1 hour ago, Ogrecakes said:

Gates don’t lock off threats anymore than walls do. In fact, they’re less secure than walls because they burn. The point of gates is to confine mobs like moles and doydoys.

3 hours ago, Atsumame said:

I mean sure. But at the same time you are writing this on the hamlet section of the forum, an expansion dlc which allow you to purchase your own home and customize it.

1 hour ago, Field Field said:

latest?cb=20181111162702

Which is why I mentioned that Hamlet was a separate experience.

Read someones post before trying to argue.

17 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

Which is why I mentioned that Hamlet was a separate experience.

I can understand your point of view on how it's a separate experience. But at the same time I don't think it's that separate when you can travel between the three world as much as you please. That would be like calling the caves and the ruins a separate game experience since they have an access "door" and is located outside the main game world.

Yaaaaas, come through taming, COME THROUGH GATES!!! When I got back to DS to play Hamlet I missed the Gates of DST. Glad to get a hint that they probably coming to the singleplayer! Another thing that would be great on DS and not that unbalanced would be the Mushroom Planter... I hope that's coming as well. :3

Suspicious marbles(shadow pieces), end table<3, potter's wheel(i miss), mushroom lamps and mushroom planter, wardrobe (with cosmetic), item skins(if you sell i will buy promise), festivals( we are alone but still celebrate), pets and mounting of course, ruins empty with just ancient guardian(reanimated skeleton maybe). Bring some life please. I love your games Klei. You are very creative. Thank you :)

1 hour ago, cannonball 594 said:

People keep assuming that big things are coming from dst. But it’s just a quality of life update. Let me list a few things we might actually get 

fences

marble trees

smoldering

riding

And maybe mushroom planters

Probably, but I do really hope they revamp the caves, probably not the ruins entrance, to match DST’s layout with more open spaces, more lightshafts and 10 entrances leading to one single cave world.

12 minutes ago, Hyxaru said:

Probably, but I do really hope they revamp the caves, probably not the ruins entrance, to match DST’s layout with more open spaces, more lightshafts and 10 entrances leading to one single cave world.

If you meant that single player should have a single cave, that's actually a bad thing imo.

Hi Klei, 

I found a bug or something where the flowers you find in the normal game are extremely rare and the only other place you can find the normal flowers (exotic flowers) butterfly's only spawn from normal flowers which led to me dying because i could find no form of healing like the 8hp because i used up all the aloe and had no oincs

i hope you can isolate the problem and resolve it, also the pig guards are too difficult with the 1 hit run away

maybe make them not run away as well to make it easier if they are going to hit as soon as you hit them and with the torches at night making the whole town set a light when the bats show up and you are in the the town 

hope this post was helpful #

thanks a lot amazing DLC Other than that stuff and some extra bits that need touching up on.

48 minutes ago, Ethan.M.M said:

i hope you can isolate the problem and resolve it, also the pig guards are too difficult with the 1 hit run away

maybe make them not run away as well to make it easier if they are going to hit as soon as you hit them and with the torches at night making the whole town set a light when the bats show up and you are in the the town 

This is called "kite", which is to hit and run, and come back, hit, and leave, this is executed several times. The pigs have always been kites, moreover the Shipwrecked Wildbore is harder to beat than the Hamlet guards, removing the kite guards, it would be too easy to eliminate them. I am against this idea

40 minutes ago, Ethan.M.M said:

Hi Klei, 

I found a bug or something where the flowers you find in the normal game are extremely rare and the only other place you can find the normal flowers (exotic flowers) butterfly's only spawn from normal flowers which led to me dying because i could find no form of healing like the 8hp because i used up all the aloe and had no oincs

hope this post was helpful #

thanks a lot amazing DLC Other than that stuff and some extra bits that need touching up on.

they where once really really easy to kill, all you needed was a torch.

memories of beta...

Archived