Hidden truth behing Wilson's Survivor skin

I found something shocking behind the Survivor skin while playing a solo game. The skin makes Wilson have an eye patch on his right* eye... But reality is even more shocking than this what we think!

This is what i found:

wotdefock.png

Conclusion:

conclusion.png

Pls make a second file for wilson with an eye, Klei...

1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

It's just the way the playermodels are set up-the left and right models are the same, can't do anything about that. It's not Klei not "wanting to spend time on skins."

You didn't see the joke did you?

1 minute ago, Chris1488 said:

No, because there are people who say the exact same thing and are dead serious :V 

because we are humans, and half of us will say something without thinking

7 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Yeah, just change MakeFourFaced to MakeEightFaced

Still, a lot of new animations and symbols need to be made

Sure that won't happen, but rather than mirroring it should be unique... That's not anywhere near as much work as hats would still be mirrored.

Just now, Sudura2017 said:

Sure that won't happen, but rather than mirroring it should be unique... That's not anywhere near as much work as hats would still be mirrored.

Yep, it could be made optional.

Like, if a character doesn't have the "other-side-of-the-head" symbol, it just shows the mirrored head.

This would give many new options to modded characters.

I recall seeing, and using, some code at one point that allows for two sides, but never got around to testing how it's affected by latency. It would certainly be cool if such a feature were supported.

15 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Yep, it could be made optional.

Like, if a character doesn't have the "other-side-of-the-head" symbol, it just shows the mirrored head.

This would give many new options to modded characters.

Yeah... a lot of characters have one side details 

2 hours ago, Fynd said:

I found something shocking behind the Survivor skin while playing a solo game. The skin makes Wilson have an eye patch on his right* eye... But reality is even more shocking than this what we think!

conclusion.png

Wilson is some oracle. That's why he talks rubbish like "It's all... pine-y" - his brain is spent on the elevated truths!

unknown.png

Pretty sure every character in the game is like this regardless of their skin. The animation for them moving left and right are the same, just flipped, so any unique feature they have that is based on one of their sides will never; or always appear.

It is a lazy shortcut to take but it's barely noticeable due to how symmetrical the characters are, mostly. 

7 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

It's just the way the playermodels are set up-the left and right models are the same, can't do anything about that. It's not Klei not "wanting to spend time on skins."

Well... It kinda is? I mean, they could make the left-right have different textures/animations, but that's extra work @V2C doesn't want to do, isn't that right, @V2C? :D

Archived