ImDaMisterL

puzzle
A New Reign Puzzle - Metheus

Hype?   555 members have voted

1. 1. Hype??

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5,869 posts in this topic

Just now, Brueter said:

I was getting it for the longest time, but I eventually got in and it seems to be working ever since.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm sitting here dying to connect so I could get it done :p

the website has been updated, but there is nothing "new" besides that the walls are gone

1 person likes this

Dig da code, we need to go deeper.

4 people like this

I dont know why It alway rejects
Any ideas?

2.png

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

no idea, maybe problem with conflicting berries in your world?

this is your puzzlemate, i suppose, right?

Edited by brbrmensch

Yes  I wonder  Is this bugged ?
I follow every step here
Also tested with different partner

Awww is it over? I found the whole obelisk and mural thing to be a pretty fun experience for this puzzle (getting stage two was confusing as heck Klei) and worth more than the skins we got(which were pretty sweet as well).

puzzle birlikte yapabilcek türk arkadaşlar varmı ?

how do i take a screenshot one chrome, the tablet doesnot apear when i do it.

Can i break the first time done puzzle to help another friend?

12 hours ago, JamesCouto said:

Can i break the first time done puzzle to help another friend?

didn't work for me

Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Introspect said:

Any ideas?

2.png

maybe because you spawn the chest with console command?

Edited by Varum
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Varum said:

maybe because you spawn the chest with console command?

Nah, that works just as good :)

Posted (edited)

On 15.04.2017 at 3:43 PM, Introspect said:

Any ideas?

2.png

You use the wrong profile .  Check which profile you entered in the browser at metheus.dontstarvetogether.com . 

Edited by rait

Posted (edited)

56 minutes ago, rait said:

You use the wrong profile .  Check which profile you entered in the browser at metheus.dontstarvetogether.com . 

Pardon  What is profile? Did you mean same account?
I have 1. and worked fine when I got Tragic torch.

Edited by Introspect

On 4/15/2017 at 4:43 AM, Introspect said:

Any ideas?

2.png

Hey, hi! Kind of the same thing happening to us. However we didn't use any console commands or anything. Just walked to the place, placed the stuff and.. nothing:

progressDST.jpg

* I thought I took the screenshot the moment when placing the items in the chest, but I didn't. But trust me, it was in the correct order, that exact amount. Also resolved the special torch quest before, and logged in with the same steam IDs *

Help, please?

Could someone help? My page is glitched! Or at least I think it is... while my partner's page is fully lighted my torch is on but the side is still dark. I have refreshed the page but it's not working... 

Here's a pic

http://prntscr.com/exmcgv

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Hey guys... not sure if this was mentioned before but...

26S2vRS.png

LJGcep7.png

The arm positions for the original datamined one, and the normal one are different and also show 2 more dots.
Maybe it's just a tweak, or maybe it actually means something  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Just thought I'd bring it up.

Possibly due to being affected by nightmare fuel, because the ancient symbols did turn into nightmare symbols when the puzzle was completed.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Possibly due to being affected by nightmare fuel, because the ancient symbols did turn into nightmare symbols when the puzzle was completed.

@Zeklo's Youtube post (I got tired of writing in his comment section XD)

Spoiler

Anyways here was what happened there:

Spoiler
Okay, just making sure you noticed that I like this theory. I think that if the ancient on the "throne" was before Maxwell, there must have been one more king before Maxwell, some time for the dust to settle. Or, Maxwell met him, freed him, and watched him survive the old world and right the wrongs he has committed, eventually getting to the key, and keeping it safe from use, for so long until he becomes "changed" by the fuel and into Ancient Guardian. TORCHY IS DEAD PEOPLE that is why its a "Tragic" Torch and by the description it makes you sad when you look at it for a while, for the owner died a sad way too.
Yeah the idea that the Staff Wielder may have become the Ancient Guardian is what sparked the idea for that particular theory. Regarding the Fuelweaver, I believe one of the two to be it. In mind not body. So for this particular theory that could result in the Torch Wielder being them. Now, there are certain lines that support and don't support it. With the Shadow Atrium being described as sorrowful this could fit the Staff Wielder, but with it being described as having been betrayed this could fit the Torch Wielder. The Fuelweaver also states "I was wrong," which seems to lean towards the Staff Wielder who initiated the use of nightmare fuel. The puzzle page being named Metheus, and the last ancient we see alive being the Staff Wielder. It almost seems to suggest that they are Metheus. Meaning when the Fuelweaver says their name that would most likely mean they are the Torch Wielder. Honestly I can see it going either way, but for the sake of this particular theory I have to go with the Ancient Guardian being the Staff Wielder changed from nightmare fuel, and the Ancient Fuelweaver being the Torch Wielder's mind in a different body.
Zeklo it makes sense for the torch wielder to be the fuelweaver. The tragic torch's smoke sometimes releases the shapes of night hands, terrorbeaks, and crawling horrors, and if you look at the shadow thurible, which I believe the fuelweaver to be trapped in after he's defeated (almost like a genie in a bottle), the thurible also releases the shape of various nightmares before fading away. The ancient cane's material also looks similar to the material of the ancient key, which is dropped by the guardian. However, one major flaw in this theory is that Maxwell seems to have known the guardian before he was changed into a Minotaur, and even regards him as a friend. If all the ancients were dead when Maxwell arrived, then there's no way he could have known the guardian before the transformation. This almost seems like a plot hole of sorts, and maybe the fuelweaver is both the torch holder and cane holder, but split in mind and body. Idk just some connections I made from watching this.
Ah, but that's where this other theory comes in! If the Staff Wielder does become the Ancient Guardian, and was the first to be on the throne, potentially the one Maxwell took the throne from. That would mean Maxwell could have met them! As far as the quote, perhaps the very reason it was changed was due to the fact that Maxwell did encounter one. Who knows!
Zeklo good point! I guess we can't really know until we get some more information. Gotta love how Klei gives just enough information to keep a plot line, but still leaves so much room for theories and speculation. That's why I love this game so much.
Okay, check the forums now, I am about to post something in the Metheus link

And now I will put my thoughts here:

Considering Metheus can do with Prometheus/Epimethius...
The story of Epimethius can be related in some way. The staff-wielder was sorta Pandora (But he is a male so yeah) and torch-wielder was Epimethius (But she is a female so yeah). We know the story, Staff opens box, its okay for awhile, until the portal starts taking a crap on the ancients and turning them into black crap Torchy tries to close it, fails, Staff does it and keeps it. But in the portal is one last thing, a sign of hope.
Spoiler

This hints that it may not be what lies beyond, but what is left? This also leaves me with one question, where does the story of Prometheus come in? It wasn't Epimethius that we had to put, it was Metheus.

That's all I think for now, what do you guys think?

Spoiler

OMG that took long and people keep on posting in the comments

Edited by Spaartan
Spacing
3 people like this

On 4/12/2017 at 5:46 AM, yujinthegamer said:

Here a side by side more or less I accidentally deleted it the first time whoops

1.thumb.png.44ac342fc587098b40de7d30107a4426.png

1.png.f3a5267ceb5d7bf2ae394f5c9c298bd3.png

2.thumb.png.36961dbf8f9ab53eed6d01f0231c2980.png

2.png.8fda972d9f5945d0eb31b10f1ea29bc1.png

3.thumb.png.a436764ca8eabce40e1d21455fd4d341.png

3.png.296bd4c55b3b325eb0f86a1f1807291d.png

4.thumb.png.f1cabc2ae35a648640b0763ccaf6e825.png

4.png.9831e1c1f96918e8b8654416ede43adf.png

i posted a side by side more or less awhile ago if thats of any use..

1 person likes this

uh say has anyone checked the obelisk recently to see if any of the holes in the ancients have changed..? im just asking cause i cant check for myself at the moment..

5 hours ago, Spaartan said:

Does that mean that the data-mined murals were intended to be found?