What is the best prank you've ever pulled on a new player (evil, yes..)?

Got this idea today when I cooked up some cactus flower (not knowing what it does) and the player began to overheat.   

Are you stuck in a rocky biome broiling and need help?   Have this delicious cactus flower salad (you know, cactus has aloe in it) and it will cool, soothe you and you'll live for another day!    hehehe

Well, long time ago I told my little brother to set slurtle slime on fire & wait a few seconds around it to restore some health 'cuz he was on low health, I even stood right next to him to reassure him I was telling the truth.

Spoiler

He got angry & burned my whole base down after I resurrected him......never again....

One player joined my server and took our gems, beefalo hat and other things. Me and my friend cooled down a bunch of thermal stones (about 5) and put them in their inventory when they were afk. 

Sadly they returned before they froze to death. :/

Well, I have a good one too:

Once some Wigfrid came to my base(at pvp-flag-on server, without actuall pvp competition) and started taking stuff. I asked him to put muh crap back, but he refused. I used permafreeze bug on him(ah, good old days...) and watched him doing nothing until he left, crushing the server (he never returned so I didn't have time for round 2). MUAHAHAH

1 minute ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

A friend of mine trapped someone in stone walls and surrounded them with Dwarf Stars in Summer. I don't know how they survived, but they did. The trapper then proceeded to trap himself to see how it felt. He got killed by starvation.

Perhaps they broke the walls, duh?

1 hour ago, PanAzej said:

Day 80+, picked Webber, only to farm Spider Dens in the shortest time possible.

20161027230720_1.jpg

I also upgraded them all. And then I got bored and left, sooo... Yeah.

This probably counts?

I think I recognize that server. Many of its mods DO use the forums :wilson_dead:

Well, I think there's perhaps no more effective trick than the one the game pulls on _every_ new player by itself:

DAY 1:  "Aww, it's all cute and cartoony!  Look at the bouncy way he walks and everything!  I'm'a go pick some flowers and make some farms and..."

DAY 10:  "Wait, there's COMBAT in this game?!  WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS?  WTF?!!"

Seriously, I've seen some normally intelligent YouTubers play Don't Starve (any version) for the first time and when they get to the fighting section in the crafting menu they're like "Fighting, no, I don't intend to be doing that..."  WOW.  Just, WOW.

And of course, there's the far-more-classic NIGHT 1:  "Wait.  What's hitting me?!  What is that hiss?  AAAAA!!"

Man, you mean this game that even _says_ it's an "uncompromising wilderness survival" right on the tin actually has DIFFICULTY?!  Like, it's actually HARD and biz?  DUDE!

...Notorious

4 hours ago, PanAzej said:

Day 80+, picked Webber, only to farm Spider Dens in the shortest time possible.

20161027230720_1.jpg

I also upgraded them all. And then I got bored and left, sooo... Yeah.

This probably counts?

what server is this by any chance? ;>

OK here's what I did:

I went Wolfgang, and all the others were Wigfrids.

On day 20, the day before winter, it was my time to strike. I had a small base not far off, filled with food. I quickly took all their meat, hammered down all their pig houses, and killed all their spider dens. I then quickly ran back to base. Let's just say they weren't happy.

But anyways, I got away with it. They never found me, most of the Wigfrids eventually died to to food loss, but some were able to find more spider dens. Once I saw this, I destroyed all the spider dens. After that, they all died.

But then I got lonenly, 'cuz everybody rage quit.

2 hours ago, jantonio said:

what server is this by any chance? ;>

Hmm, no idea. I mostly just connect to whatever server there are players on. Also, this was a good few months ago.

50 minutes ago, Cookiemies said:

maybe strictly unprofessional?? that server had a spawn with mossy cave turf aswell

That may be it.

• Developer
4 minutes ago, jantonio said:

@ImDaMisterL is this thread promoting greifing? if so, it should be locked.

There's a difference between a few pranks here and there and actual griefing.

Although blocking the portal with walls/spider dens is griefing in my book, I'll leave this thread around for the other small jokes/pranks people played with their friends and unsuspecting players (that I hope they later apologized to).

If this does start to only bring griefing/troll replies though, I'll take proper actions.

If another mod disagrees with me on this, that's fine. This is just my stance and I might be wrong. I'm only human.

23 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

There's a difference between a few pranks here and there and actual griefing.

Although blocking the portal with walls/spider dens is griefing in my book, I'll leave this thread around for the other small jokes/pranks people played with their friends and unsuspecting players (that I hope they later apologized to).

If this does start to only bring griefing/troll replies though, I'll take proper actions.

If another mod disagrees with me on this, that's fine. This is just my stance and I might be wrong. I'm only human.

im just looking out for griefing, recently there have been many griefers on SU. gotta protect the SU servers.

Archived