Post your Dream Team.

To elaborate, if you were to gather 3 buddies to play with as a team, what characters would you choose and why?

Mine would be:

Wickerbottom
  • Her free tech will instantly be 4 times as powerful; create backpacks, log suits, and spears right of the bat for the entire squad.
  • Not to forget her books, in particular "Applied Horticulture" which instantly grows ALL crops, grass or trees etc in the space of two screens. I would imagine a team of four would need a lot of such resources and Wicker could easily satisfy this need.
Wilson
  • Try collecting 16 beard hair by yourself. Or Wilson can just pump out meat effigies for the entire team hassle free. How much is a life worth?
WX-78
  • Can be carried through his rather weak early game.
  • WX will be not be of much strain on the food supply as he'll be quite satisfied with being left all the spoiled food.
  • Great synergy with Wicker as with the lightning book you practically have an on-demand overload.
Webber
  • I'd imagine silk would be in massive demand across four people, and here webber can contribute his silky beard and his great spider nest farming abilities.
  • Plus with care he can produce an effective army at a moments notice.

Or maybe just 4 wes' and produce mass balloons all day  :cool2:

>No Wolfgang

U wot.

But seriously. Wolfgang. He's the beefy fighter every team needs. He can clear entire deserts of hound mounds with a ham bat and a full belly. He can wreck anything short of a boss with no effort, and can wreck bosses with minimal effort and some kiting. A team without Wolfgang is no team I want to play with.

>No Wolfgang

U wot.

But seriously. Wolfgang. He's the beefy fighter every team needs. He can clear entire deserts of hound mounds with a ham bat and a full belly. He can wreck anything short of a boss with no effort, and can wreck bosses with minimal effort and some kiting. A team without Wolfgang is no team I want to play with.

Wolfgang will be siphoning through the food supplies like no ones business though! :)  

Wolfgang will be siphoning through the food supplies like no ones business though! :-)

A productive Wolfgang will be generating more than enough food for himself and the others with all his big-game hunting. Besides, if he's given a Hibearnation Vest, which he ALWAYS has first dibs on, he demands only as much food as everyone else.

Anyone with Woodie would be great for teamwork.  All that fast wood chopping and beaver rampaging would be way more useful knowing there is someone else tending to the food situation ... or not.  Depends on how good the teamwork is.

The worst team would probably be 4 WX's.  Just would create this big bitter rivalry over gears. 

maxwell- wolfgang The best combo maxwell would give the itens and wolfgang could take even a gigant by himself and because of sanaty maxwell coul leave all ofthis itens to wolfgang

I'd say Wigfrid would be good, considering she gets very good equipment early in the game. This way, you'll have a bodyguard while you're looking for a base location. She also doesn't eat anything from the farms, so you're free to devour anything in them.

Woodie would serve as the main resource collector, chopping up wood like nobody's business. As a Werebeaver, Woodie can always be used for defending allies.

Wilson is the ultimate team player, dispensing Beard Hair for valuable Effigies. He would also serve as a great boon for surviving for the first winter, as he needs less clothing with his beard.

Maxwell would grant a valuable asset to the team: He provides additional labor force with the Codex Umbra, an additional fighter in the beginning, and also the guy who gets nightmare fuel for everybody. He also has no need for sanity-replenishing wear, and he can eat sanity-lowering stuff without a second thought. He'll be very good, but give him the first Dibs on Touch Stones.

Webber - Wilson

That would be my perfect team. Although, Webber´s spiders probably would be a problem, so maybe we would live separately and he could share me his silk.  

Ah yes, the Beard Duo!

I will probably almost always play as Wilson (because of Wilson bias of course) and when i'm not playing as Wilson, i'll play Webber.

If pvp is a seprate mode or if there is a option for it, i'll play as Woodie, Wigfrid, or Maxwell. (Woodie for the werebeaver only though)

I'd play as Wilson and my teammates would be Wigfrid, Maxwell, and Webber.

I choose to play as Wilson because I'm used to him the most, Winter would be easier, and I can ensure my friend's survival with my beard hair that they can use for meat effigies.

Wigfrid for hunting/helping deal with hounds/giants; she also wouldn't need as much healing or sanity items since a lureplant hospital can easily fix that. 

Maxwell for his dapperness which can be useful for going into caves and not having to worry about him going insane (but still quite frail nonetheless, so he may need some help).

And finally Webber for his silk beard and spider army which could give us a constant supply of silk, monster meat, and spider glands by making the spiders fight each other while Webber just stands back and watches. The spiders could also be used as backup against hounds (spiders are rather useless against giants) 

Or maybe just 4 wes' and produce mass balloons all day  :cool2:

Love this. I'm already imagining a public game with others... my sole purpose is to run up and "mime" in their face, drop a balloon or two, then run away. The novelty would eventually wear off, and I'm sure the host would boot me quick, but it creates hilarity to envision it for a brief time.

Anyway, I've only got 2 other peeps who want to try out MP at the moment, 1 of whom who hasn't unlocked characters yet, so our 3 person dream team would be: 

Wickerbottom: all of her books would be a godsend.

Wilson: meat effigies, nuff said.

Wigfrid or Webber (undecided): Wigfrid is our battle tank. Webber is our silk factory, takes out our Tier 3 spider nests, and gathers spider allies to fight mobs.

If we can convince one of our other friends to play and get a 4 person team, then  Wigfrid  AND Webber. 

>No Wolfgang

U wot.

Yeah, but the bad thing is he'll need A LOT of healing items after that. Wigfrid is better thought she is a picky eater.

Woodie, the axe, hammer, pickaxe and spider den demolisher in one at the cost of some logs, hp, sanity and hunger. A good Woodie player will turn his curse into a blessing.

Wendy, the small critter farmer. Frogs, butterflies and spiders for days to provide food and health for the team, especially for Woodie.

Webber, to aggro creatures like pigmen with his spider army so the rest can kill them. After the spiders have done their duty, they will politely be murdered for their spoils. He can also destroy spider dens during dusk once every spider is going out for a walk to keep their population at a reasonable level.

Wigfrid, excells in battle and can provide battle spears and battle helmets for everyone( will be easier later on with cave access). There will usually be meat products available due to Wendy and Abigail that can easily kill a couple of frogs without the need of traps.

Ain't nobody got time for easily accesible meat effigies, obtain beard hair later in the game, use a touchstone or stay dead (or alive :p )

I think a nice combo would be Webber, Wigfrid, WX-78, and Woodie. Not only because they're my favorite characters, they would do well together, especially the food management.

Webber can survive pretty nicely on monster meat, he just needs to get the spiders to attack each other, and he'll have the monster meat (as long as he's fast to pick it up).

Wigfrid could go hunt her own food, and I realised living by a swamp is useful, because the merms are a nice supply if you have enough armor (and some is free due to the tentacles, which can give Webber a bonus since the merms eventually kill the tentacles).

WX-78 and Woodie could then have the farms for themselves, Woodie could eat the fresh food, and the leftovers go to WX-78 (as long as they have enough farms to get a surplus that would actually get the time to spoil).

The advantages not related to food have already been mentioned, so you pretty much know the rest.

Archived