Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

54 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Is there any geniune reason for bringing this up again after it's been resolved?

Maybe they're late to the party? Although I agree that wstermelen uses their forum weapons juuuust a little bit too much

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Maybe they're late to the party? Although I agree that wstermelen uses their forum weapons juuuust a little bit too much

Late or not it's just stirring up trouble. No need to bash on melon either. It was an honest mistake that was resolved in a reasonable manner.

We were on topic again and now we're back on a different tangent.

Class! Let's get back on topic!

I have something I've been pondering and since this is a theorizing post...
image.png.fdb7891a52adca4f331128b8e6a0acab.png

No but seriously. So I know it's theorized that it will be a boss. But so we already have the Mant Queen and Puggles and then we know there are three more beings that can possibly be of the boss tier: the Roc, the Herald, and the Iron Goliath. What if the Roc is just going to be a nuisance that brings you to the 4th island and/or causes houses to get destroyed or renews the ruins from its steps that cause earthquakes? What do you all think?

11 minutes ago, Duxe said:

No but seriously. So I know it's theorized that it will be a boss. But so we already have the Mant Queen and Puggles and then we know there are three more beings that can possibly be of the boss tier: the Roc, the Herald, and the Iron Goliath. What if the Roc is just going to be a nuisance that brings you to the 4th island and/or causes houses to get destroyed or renews the ruins from its steps that cause earthquakes? What do you all think?

The Roc has attack animations in the feet & head files.

• Like 1

That doesn't mean it has to be attacking you in a fight thooo. What if the Roc just flies by you on screen and picks up food for itself and its babies? Maybe it has to attack em first to get the meat.

Edited by Duxe

2 hours ago, Duxe said:

That doesn't mean it has to be attacking you in a fight thooo. What if the Roc just flies by you on screen and picks up food for itself and its babies? Maybe it has to attack em first to get the meat.

Unless it's handled like Tiger shark, I legit do not see it being peaceful. It brings you to it's nest where the children are, most likely for food, and if you don't die to the hungry children, it will make sure it's children are fed.

Ok ok alright. I'm just playing devils advocate here. I do think it will be a boss too. The reason I brought it up is because SW brought 3 new bosses and there are already basically 3 confirmed bosses for Hamlet, plus two creatures that have very high boss potential and then there still may be a few bosses or mini-bosses in the works potentially. I'm just hoping it's not 3 per version that's it, definitive cut off line. [I mean, there's no way its that, but I just hope there is a chance for the iron goliath or the herald to actually BE bosses.]

I dug a bit in the code: The DefaultDamage for the Head, Leg and Tail are set to 1000 (yes, one thousand), and the head and leg seem to be capable of performing groundpounds with damage- and destructionrings. The lines defining their health are commented out (=disabled) (and set to the health of a snake?). Additionally, if I didn't completely misread the code, the Roc will spawn around every ten to 20 days. That interval seems a bit small for a 'you-are-dead-one-hit'-bossfight.

Furthermore, I found some (commented out) lines detecting whether an entity is in the deep Rainforest, the Gasjungle or the Pigruins - alas, it currently only seems to change a colour or something??

I like the idea that the Roc is a general nuisance, and can not be beaten directly: Looking at its damage output and its (currently) missing health, in my opinion, that might actually be possible. Instead, it could be meant to be beaten indirectly, maybe by finding a way to annoy/pacify it? Looking at that canopy-detecting lines, it might be necessary to hide from it? Or, maybe, we will be able to use some kind of ranged weapon to make it go away for a while. To be bluntly honest, I'd find it a tad ridiculous if we were able to beat a completely airborne creature that size with the established fighting techniques.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lepeightl said:

I like the idea that the Roc is a general nuisance, and can not be beaten directly: Looking at its damage output and its (currently) missing health, in my opinion, that might actually be possible. Instead, it could be meant to be beaten indirectly, maybe by finding a way to annoy/pacify it? Looking at that canopy-detecting lines, it might be necessary to hide from it? Or, maybe, we will be able to use some kind of ranged weapon to make it go away for a while. To be bluntly honest, I'd find it a tad ridiculous if we were able to beat a completely airborne creature that size with the established fighting techniques.

What if we have to run into the deep jungle so it gets a mouth full of trees. Repeat a few times and it dies... Raining meat and fathers! haha

• Haha 1

Yo, yo, yo. I love the idea of it being a hunting boss. But instead have it be the hunter, and us the huntee.

Like, you get a warning, and then later you see it's shadow, then you have to hide indoors or inside a deep jungle to hide from it. How awesome does that sound? The animations suggest being grabbed, I think.

I think if it spots you, and you don't hide, it'll grab you and bring you somewhere, but that's my 2 idea. What do you think? I love that idea.

8 hours ago, Lepeightl said:

I dug a bit in the code: The DefaultDamage for the Head, Leg and Tail are set to 1000 (yes, one thousand), and the head and leg seem to be capable of performing groundpounds with damage- and destructionrings. The lines defining their health are commented out (=disabled) (and set to the health of a snake?). Additionally, if I didn't completely misread the code, the Roc will spawn around every ten to 20 days. That interval seems a bit small for a 'you-are-dead-one-hit'-bossfight.

Furthermore, I found some (commented out) lines detecting whether an entity is in the deep Rainforest, the Gasjungle or the Pigruins - alas, it currently only seems to change a colour or something??

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Yo, yo, yo. I love the idea of it being a hunting boss. But instead have it be the hunter, and us the huntee.

Like, you get a warning, and then later you see it's shadow, then you have to hide indoors or inside a deep jungle to hide from it. How awesome does that sound? The animations suggest being grabbed, I think.

I think if it spots you, and you don't hide, it'll grab you and bring you somewhere, but that's my 2 idea. What do you think? I love that idea.

What if you put up a trap like a body double and when it grabs the double it gets stunned, and the fight starts killing it would remove having to hide from it

On 10/25/2018 at 3:14 PM, Maslak said:

need more [...] dupes drinking coffee am i right

On 10/25/2018 at 4:19 PM, Zeklo said:

Is there any geniune reason for bringing this up again after it's been resolved?

Can never have too many dupes drinking coffee.

5bd4dc3a5c5bf_offendepp.png.a7032358bd4ecc99dedb7ee77d01337a.png

On 10/25/2018 at 5:15 PM, Szczuku said:

Although I agree that wstermelen uses their forum weapons juuuust a little bit too much

offendepp.png.b127f7852a1895b6f112df9afb08c7f4.png

Spoiler

I take offense to that.

17 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Deerclops, Dragonfly, Bearger, hound waves...etc.

All of those bosses, with the exception of the hound waves obviously, hunt you down.

It's not a new concept really, most DS Giants come to you, rather than the other way around. It's only in DST where it changed to most Giants you have to actively seek out in specific areas.

--------------------------------------------------------------

17 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Or you could use a berry bush hat/snurtle shell. 

I'd prefer that if they were to implement this, they'd follow the Giants/Hound Waves philosophy of warning players. You get an audio cue, some time later you get another audio cue, this time louder. Third time around you get an even louder audio cue this time with the character commenting on it, then the thing comes and wrecks your life. 

However I'd suggest also using the visual cue of Bigfoot when using the Old Bell.

On 10/25/2018 at 8:43 PM, Duxe said:

First of all, it's just Herald. Second of all, I'm pretty sure there are no ruins in Hamlet, they are in the sky y'know. 

5bd4e0648a816_AshkanSipp.png.a48ba43449ab4184753fe28793ac951a.png

Which reminds me, I should get onto making that little representation of how I think the world of DS works...

Spoiler

Yes I'm being spiteful and using my forum weapons EVEN MORE now. 

5bd4e21e0b26f_BanhiSipp.png.51ec39d4fd0c294c68cf13d83c0df89c.png

Edited by watermelen671
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:
20 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Deerclops, Dragonfly, Bearger, hound waves...etc.

All of those bosses, with the exception of the hound waves obviously, hunt you down.

It's not a new concept really, most DS Giants come to you, rather than the other way around. It's only in DST where it changed to most Giants you have to actively seek out in specific areas.

Well, what I meant was more along the lines of it being an actual boss/event that you really had no choice but to hide, unless you really really really wanted to fight it. All the other bosses can be gunpowder'd, killed, led off to fight other things, or stuff like that. 
But if the Roc were to act like I stated, you really wouldn't be able to do that, as I doubt it'll fight other mobs like that.

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

First of all, it's just Herald. Second of all, I'm pretty sure there are no ruins in Hamlet, they are in the sky y'know.

There are ruins in Hamlet, but they're not like the cave ruins. Hamlet's "Pig temples" and such are called the Ruins in Hamlet as well. 
I think they were meaning that something involving the Roc would be able to renew those ruins, which would be a neat thing to see, too!

• Like 1

So I did some looking around the sound files and I've realized something about the Roc. Nothing too unexpected. It seem like the Roc's shadow has three different stages, each a different size, and along with it three different sound variations per how close (and loud) its wing flaps are. The closer (and bigger) its shadow the faster it goes. It also has a "call" with three different versions as well (which I'm sure will act as an additional means of warning the player imminent doom is approaching), plus each of its three heads has a different sound. They'll probably intertwine/overlap during its taunt to create a cacophony of terror.

On an unrelated note there is a (currently unused) jingle for uncovering a "secret".

Also for those of you who don't know. There are some videos on youtube with the unimplemented music for Humid & Lush season (and some other ones). They sound pretty rad so it's worth checking out.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 18. 10. 2018 at 3:52 PM, watermelen671 said:

It's actually NOT Klei's:

Someone else created it...although I'm not sure why it's in the game.

There was a joke about klei potensially making a furry character but it will need to be actually their otherwise it will cost them trauma and 100000 moneys xd

1 minute ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

webber is just mutated and wilba is a animal , not a human dressed up as animal xd

You realize that's not what a furry is, right?

A Furry is an (author-insert) character that's basically an anthropomorphized animal.

And Webber is 100% definitely a Furry. He's a human dressed up as a spider, going off of your definition.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

And Webber is 100% definitely a Furry

I've been wondering what Webber was offered to lure him into the DS world. Now I have an answer. This is canon lore, no doubt to be had! This very legitimate theory is supported by Webber's vignette description "Webber could have easily seen his unique predicament as an affliction or a curse. Instead, he's chosen to view it as a second chance, and one that he fully intends not to waste." See, he doesn't see being a spider as a curse! Very canon!

Edit: To clarify, the thing I'm making fun of is my joke idea that Webber was lured into the DS world because he WANTED to be eaten by the spider and be a spiderkid

Edited by The 2C3D
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

I've been wondering what Webber was offered to lure him into the DS world. Now I have an answer. This is canon lore, no doubt to be had! This very legitimate theory is supported by Webber's vignette description "Webber could have easily seen his unique predicament as an affliction or a curse. Instead, he's chosen to view it as a second chance, and one that he fully intends not to waste." See, he doesn't see being a spider as a curse! Very canon!

Edit: To clarify, the thing I'm making fun of is my joke idea that Webber was lured into the DS world because he WANTED to be eaten by the spider and be a spiderkid

Webber confirmed furry.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, minespatch said:

Well, Webber is fluffy and Wilba is a standing animal so...

10 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

And Webber is 100% definitely a Furry. He's a human dressed up as a spider, going off of your definition.

I love how all of you legit forgot Wilbur. 

Like, He's legit just a monkey. Not even a special Monkey, sure he's the king, but all Monkeys are silly like that.

Webber was once a kid, so he's a mixture of Spider and Kid, Wilba talks as seen in her quotes, so she's a civilized pig person, but Wilbur is simply a Monkey who's deemed King. 

He's the Furry King.

• Haha 3