Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

5 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Doesnt he have like children or something

Anyway its enough info for me

That's not how that works. Copyright is held for as long as the person who filed the rights lives, and then 70 years after they die, at which point it becomes public domain anybody can use it.

Here's a site if you're curious to know more: https://www.teachingcopyright.org/handout/public-domain-faq.html

4 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

And Hamlet is a play, not a novel. 

image.png.120b83a2b83f248e9ed79da95591532a.png

Now I dunno about you, but looking at my standard class-issue version of MacBeth, it's thick enough to be considered a novella at worst.

Besides, he could've been referring to the graphic novel of Hamlet.

Spoiler

2464291.jpg

Which yes, does exist.

And also the fact that a "No Fear" version of this shlock exists, really says something to th'olde tongue o'th'Elizabethan era.

...can you tell I hate Shakespeare? 

5bcfb3bf1a303_AshkanSipp.png.871ee031bb3382d1d09c8231831b4687.png

47 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

First of all WHY IS IT CALLED AFTER SHAKESPEARE's NOVEL?

I'm surprised how many people aren't familiar with the word's meaning. Not calling you out specifically. Seeing it a lot.

ham·let
/ˈhamlət/
noun

1. a small settlement, generally one smaller than a village.
Edited by Zeklo
'
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I'm surprised how many people aren't familiar with the word's meaning. Not calling you out specifically. Seeing it a lot.

ham·let
/ˈhamlət/
noun

mind blown
im not native english speaker though

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 2

Hamlet is NOT a novel. It’s a play, a drama, intended to be performed rather than read. They are different literary genres. Drama has been around since Ancient Greece. Don Quixote, published in 1605, is generally considered to be the first novel. It’s written in prose, which even you can see is part of the definition you’ve sadly misunderstood. Large parts of Hamlet are written in verse, specifically iambic pentameter. Copying and pasting a definition from a dictionary is never going to make Hamlet a novel, instead of a play, regardless of its length. Many texts are long, but that does not make them novels. Go ask someone with a better education, like a high school English teacher. 

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

That's not how that works. Copyright is held for as long as the person who filed the rights lives, and then 70 years after they die, at which point it becomes public domain anybody can use it.

Here's a site if you're curious to know more: https://www.teachingcopyright.org/handout/public-domain-faq.html

image.png.120b83a2b83f248e9ed79da95591532a.png

Now I dunno about you, but looking at my standard class-issue version of MacBeth, it's thick enough to be considered a novella at worst.

Besides, he could've been referring to the graphic novel of Hamlet.

Reveal hidden contents

2464291.jpg

Which yes, does exist.

And also the fact that a "No Fear" version of this shlock exists, really says something to th'olde tongue o'th'Elizabethan era.

...can you tell I hate Shakespeare? 

5bcfb3bf1a303_AshkanSipp.png.871ee031bb3382d1d09c8231831b4687.png

Edited by Rellimarual
  • Like 2

So we know that webber is somehow a victim of an attack that rendered him tangled with spider.

He descibers tam o shanter "remind me of grandpa"

He desribes Alchemy engine "father use to work on something like that"

We have new art for kid-pig in hamlet who wears headgear with similar argyle pattern
piglets.png.4007eab63738a80aa54689d7cfdc

Webber wears the same pattern in his winter skins

maxresdefault.jpg

And the style of his speech suggest he may be a kid....

AND

The new season in Hamlet, Aporkalypse, is announced 7 days prior with various lines from the city pigs.

One of the line is "Something wicked this way comes"

which also happens to be THE SAME LINE webber use when etnering... Adventure Portal!

One particular level in the adventure mode is permanent night

AS WELL AS THE APORKALYPSE IN HAMLET....

So..... thoughts?

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

Hamlet is NOT a novel. It’s a play, a drama, intended to be performed rather than read. They are different literary genres. Drama has been around since Ancient Greece. Don Quixote, published in 1605, is generally considered to be the first novel. It’s written in prose, which even you can see is part of the definition you’ve sadly misunderstood. Large parts of Hamlet are written in verse, specifically iambic pentameter. Copying and pasting a definition from a dictionary is never going to make Hamlet a novel, instead of a play, regardless of its length. Many texts are long, but that does not make them novels. Go ask someone with a better education, like a high school English teacher. 

I asked my high school English teacher, he told me:

Image result for nobody cares

Dude's been dead for over four hundred centuries! His "plays" are outdated, the words written in are an old and deprecated form of English that NOBODY seriously uses these days.

And that's exactly what Klei is doing: poking fun at an old dead dude and leaning into the ridiculous speech that they used.

This ignoring the fact that it was probably just a slip of the tongue, and the fact that so little people care about Shakespeare that people can't even properly quote/reference his works properly.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

None of that is true, but you go ahead and tell yourself whatever makes you feel better. We’ve clarified that Hamlet isn’t a novel any more than the screenplay to Star Wars is.

5bd0eb6b4f700_AdaSipp.png.49eb8accf6fc961c0e14e6c4f225f2c5.png

Cool.

22 hours ago, Zeklo said:

ham·let
/ˈhamlət/
noun

soyousay.png.404ff878f0c76eb0b853aa11df472bf7.png

Astonishing. I am now able to flaunt my newly found knowledge of that word.

Spoiler

And everybody at school will hate me for it. 

Not a bash on you, btw. Most people at my school just despise me for my "pretentious flaunting of my vocabulary".

It's cool though, not like I care or anything.

5bd0eea718322_offendepp.png.8449d1f975af960b095cd177835f0331.png

Edited by watermelen671

15 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Astonishing. I am now able to flaunt my newly found knowledge of that word.

Hide contents

And everybody at school will hate me for it. 

Not a bash on you, btw. Most people at my school hate my "pretentious flaunting of my vocabulary".

5bd0eea718322_offendepp.png.8449d1f975af960b095cd177835f0331.png

Saying your intent is not to bash me and then proceeding to describe what I did as commonly hated and pretentious is literally just bashing lol.

• Haha 1

Just now, Zeklo said:

Saying your intent is not to bash me and then proceeding to describe what I did as commonly hated and pretentious is literally just bashing lol.

No...gah! I can't explain myself properly at the moment... :wilson_cry:

Lemme try again. I love gaining knowledge, but some people think I read a dictionary in my spare time because of it. :wilson_ecstatic:

I'm grateful that I learned something new because of you! I really am!

Spoiler

If push comes to shove, I can always try to explain myself again tomorrow, after I've gotten a good night's rest and my head isn't in a vat of cement. :wilson_goodjob:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

No...gah! I can't explain myself properly at the moment... :wilson_cry:

I think I can appreciate the irony of this situation a little more by being on the other end of it. For being a "Fancy Word Guy" (No joke, a friend actually called me this once) everyone finds it amusing when I can't describe or explain something properly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think I can appreciate the irony of this situation a little more by being on the other end of it. For being a "Fancy Word Guy" (No joke, a friend actually called me this once) everyone finds it amusing when I can't describe or explain something properly.

Story of my life.

crysipp.png.88ceaf65ecb769106733566d9c123808.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Parusoid said:

So we know that webber is somehow a victim of an attack that rendered him tangled with spider.

We have new art for kid-pig in hamlet who wears headgear with similar argyle pattern
piglets.png.4007eab63738a80aa54689d7cfdc

maxresdefault.jpg

AND

The new season in Hamlet, Aporkalypse, is announced 7 days prior with various lines from the city pigs.

One of the line is "Something wicked this way comes"

which also happens to be THE SAME LINE webber use when etnering... Adventure Portal!

One particular level in the adventure mode is permanent night

AS WELL AS THE APORKALYPSE IN HAMLET....

So..... thoughts?

This is incredibly interesting but I personally hope Webber doesn't end up being a pig. It would be an interesting twist of irony but I'd rather him be a human myself. However they have said they plan on making a Webber disguise.....wouldn't it be incredibly interesting if Webber could temporarily turn himself inside-out(assuming he is a pig) and have the SPIDER be the one we play as during this process and hear quotes unique to the spiders personality? 

Would be pretty interesting.,

15 hours ago, Parusoid said:

It's intriguing, but a similar logic can be applied to the walruses to suggest Webber is actually a walrus child. 

3 hours ago, Parusoid said:

Nope because walrus don't talk

But...But... They're hunters... I don't see why they'd be shouting at their prey. 

6 hours ago, cropo said:

This is incredibly interesting but I personally hope Webber doesn't end up being a pig. It would be an interesting twist of irony but I'd rather him be a human myself. However they have said they plan on making a Webber disguise.....wouldn't it be incredibly interesting if Webber could temporarily turn himself inside-out(assuming he is a pig) and have the SPIDER be the one we play as during this process and hear quotes unique to the spiders personality? 

Would be pretty interesting.,

Also wasn't it confirmed that Webber is a human child underneath? He came from the "real" world, and was brought to the Constant when Maxwell offered him his normal life again. I honestly can't explain how the whole spider thing came to be, seeing as how the Constant's giant spiders wouldn't be in "our" world. Shrug.

Also, the disguise for Webber was shown, it's a silly pair of glasses with pig ears and a nose taped to it. No durability, too.

23 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

But...But... They're hunters... I don't see why they'd be shouting at their prey. 

Also wasn't it confirmed that Webber is a human child underneath? He came from the "real" world, and was brought to the Constant when Maxwell offered him his normal life again. I honestly can't explain how the whole spider thing came to be, seeing as how the Constant's giant spiders wouldn't be in "our" world. Shrug.

Also, the disguise for Webber was shown, it's a silly pair of glasses with pig ears and a nose taped to it. No durability, too.

Pic or never happend