[Game Update] - 284571

• Developer

RocketryUpgradeAvailableNow.png

Rocketry Upgrade

Since breaking through the surface of the asteroid our Duplicants have developed a curiosity for the endless cosmos that exists outside their little space rock. That’s right, the Duplicants have begun developing their very own space program!

They’re now able to build massive rockets, train as astronauts, and journey on missions into space to bring back the resources they find.

A big thanks to everyone who participated in the testing branch. You’re helping to make the game better and we always appreciate that effort.  

What’s New in the Rocketry Upgrade?

Key Features:

• Rockets: Several new “Rocket Module” buildings for spacecraft construction.
    • Command Module
    • Petroleum Rocket Engine
    • Liquid Fuel Tank
    • Solid, Liquid, Gas, and Biological cargo containers
  • New buildings to support rocket-related research and development
    • Research Telescope
    • Space Cadet Centrifuge
    • Oxylite Refinery
  • A new UI screen for interacting with your fleet of rockets and their missions
    • Five mission destinations
  • A new critter and plant which can be brought back from space
    • Gassy Moo
    • Gas Grass
  • Several new Codex entries to unlock over multiple playthroughs
  • New elements which affect Steel and Natural Gas production
    • Sour Gas
    • Fossil
    • Sulfur
  • Buildings for gas bottling and emptying
    • Canister Filler
    • Canister Emptier
  • Buildings for storing gases and liquids
    • Liquid Reservoir
    • Gas Reservoir
  • A couple new settings for custom games
    • Hunger rate setting
    • Morale stress setting
    • The "No Sweat" game mode preset has been added to help tailor your experience to your preferred playstyle.

What's next?

We feel the rocketry upgrade content has opened the door to further space industry related content. We’re looking forward to expanding that stage of the game further. We intend to expand the space industry content and systems in the next update.

We’re also getting close to completing the pre-launch features we planned in last year’s roadmap. We feel it’s approaching time to shift our focus to polish, usability, and content backfill. There is plenty of work to be done in those categories.

You can read more about that in the announcement we're going to share later today.

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler

What are the system requirements?
    Specs are likely to change, but currently these are the requirements we have. It is highly recommended that you do not purchase if you aren't over this spec as we may have to raise the spec in the future. 

Minimum System Requirements for Windows, Mac, and Linux

How often can we expect new updates while you're in EA?
    All new content is being released as part of our regular game Upgrades every six weeks. Check the update timer in the main menu to see how long to go until the next update!

Is there OSX and Linux support for this game?
    Yes there is! The game can be installed through Steam on either of these platforms.

What about other platforms(consoles/mobile)?
    There are no plans to support any other platforms at this time.

I found a bug/have a suggestion. What should I do?
    Come let us know about it on the forums!

Will there be multiplayer?
    There are currently no plans to add multiplayer.

Do I need to start a new game to play with the update?
    Some features and content from this update will be available if you load a save game from before the update, but other things will not be. If you want to experience all of the new content then you need to start a new game.

View full update

• Like 16
    • Thanks 4

wow, my dupes are actually fast! my game slowed down to a crawl on cycle 370 on preview with 8 fps, lol. now its running ok again, but it's still just 20-30fps on my high-spec PC (Ryzen 1700, 16bg ram, GTX 1080 Ti). Is the game that badly optimized or are there any settings I can configure to improve performance?

5 minutes ago, Bomato said:

wow, my dupes are actually fast! my game slowed down to a crawl on cycle 370 on preview with 8 fps, lol. now its running ok again, but it's still just 20-30fps on my high-spec PC (Ryzen 1700, 16bg ram, GTX 1080 Ti). Is the game that badly optimized or are there any settings I can configure to improve performance?

on preview updates there's debug logging running in the background and that's lagging the game, you can disable it but you should leave it enabled so that developers deliver greater quality content

• Like 1

So we need to wait another month to maybe get randomized star map (maybe), more engines and what not (maybe).

And more space animals, coming up next space frogs that can live only on special plants, but those plants only live on liquid hydrogen so you will have to fill your map with power generators to cool down hydrogen to get some frog meat.

Can't wait for that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

So we need to wait another month to maybe get randomized star map (maybe), more engines and what not (maybe).

And more space animals, coming up next space frogs that can live only on special plants, but those plants only live on liquid hydrogen so you will have to fill your map with power generators to cool down hydrogen to get some frog meat.

Can't wait for that.

We could haul massive hatches from other planets, just as we do with cows. They would eat regolith in large quantities.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mullematsch said:

I'm kinda getting tiled that every time I react with confuse to another _Q_ post which makes no sense that I am just boosting his community reputation! ;)

And why you are getting confused?

11 minutes ago, mesijas said:

I can't even get my bases to be fully automatic or to be  even poveder by fossil fuels... I'm so bad:D hoow am I supposed to reach rocket level

This game does have a strong learning curve. It took me 12-15 restarts to finally get a base to cycle 500, that wasn't doomed to die. Keep trying, and make note of what all went wrong so you can avoid those problems next time. Once you know what's wrong, you can start researching online if you don't come up with your own solutions. Keep trying :)

Edited by phod

Game still needs lots of rebalancing early and mid game, we should be able to farm chlorine using pufts at a balanced ratio without relying on a chlorine geyser, same thing for algae farming if you don't have a steam geyser close to base