JarrettM

[Game Update] - 284571

Mr.Trueba    49
5 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

We feel it’s approaching time to shift our focus to polish, usability, and content backfill.

<3

• Like 1

badimo    94
6 minutes ago, JarrettM said:

We feel it’s approaching time to shift our focus to polish, usability, and content backfill.

Great news!

Bomato    62

wow, my dupes are actually fast! my game slowed down to a crawl on cycle 370 on preview with 8 fps, lol. now its running ok again, but it's still just 20-30fps on my high-spec PC (Ryzen 1700, 16bg ram, GTX 1080 Ti). Is the game that badly optimized or are there any settings I can configure to improve performance?

Yushatak    13

Oh my god liquid and gas storage will revolutionize my everything, and that's not even the focus of this pile of content. Also, cows are awesome, so I am excited to find space cows.

• Like 1

FierceClaws    24
5 minutes ago, Bomato said:

wow, my dupes are actually fast! my game slowed down to a crawl on cycle 370 on preview with 8 fps, lol. now its running ok again, but it's still just 20-30fps on my high-spec PC (Ryzen 1700, 16bg ram, GTX 1080 Ti). Is the game that badly optimized or are there any settings I can configure to improve performance?

on preview updates there's debug logging running in the background and that's lagging the game, you can disable it but you should leave it enabled so that developers deliver greater quality content

• Like 1

R9MX4    818
  • Fixed an issue where mass could be created during the pressure simulation.

I'm sorry to pour cold water but this bug hasn't been fixed @JarrettM@JLK

And another question is that, is there any difference in worldgen?

Edited by R9MX4

_Q_    631

So we need to wait another month to maybe get randomized star map (maybe), more engines and what not (maybe).

And more space animals, coming up next space frogs that can live only on special plants, but those plants only live on liquid hydrogen so you will have to fill your map with power generators to cool down hydrogen to get some frog meat.

Can't wait for that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Tobruk    191
5 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

So we need to wait another month to maybe get randomized star map (maybe), more engines and what not (maybe).

And more space animals, coming up next space frogs that can live only on special plants, but those plants only live on liquid hydrogen so you will have to fill your map with power generators to cool down hydrogen to get some frog meat.

Can't wait for that.

We could haul massive hatches from other planets, just as we do with cows. They would eat regolith in large quantities.

• Like 3

Mullematsch    68

I'm kinda getting tiled that every time I react with confuse to another _Q_ post which makes no sense that I am just boosting his community reputation! ;)

• Haha 2

BlueLance    807
Just now, Mullematsch said:

I'm kinda getting tiled that every time I react with confuse to another _Q_ post which makes no sense that I am just boosting his community reputation! ;)

Yeah it is a bit odd...

Carnis    122

image.thumb.png.a15f907d748b11ec141d2ec6c65b3c1a.png

What is causing phosphorus liquid to come from polluted water boiling? My electrolyzer setup is seconds from blowing up..

_Q_    631
18 minutes ago, Mullematsch said:

And why you are getting confused?

mesijas    1

I can't even get my bases to be fully automatic or to be  even poveder by fossil fuels... I'm so bad:D hoow am I supposed to reach rocket level

• Haha 1

phod    23
11 minutes ago, mesijas said:

I can't even get my bases to be fully automatic or to be  even poveder by fossil fuels... I'm so bad:D hoow am I supposed to reach rocket level

This game does have a strong learning curve. It took me 12-15 restarts to finally get a base to cycle 500, that wasn't doomed to die. Keep trying, and make note of what all went wrong so you can avoid those problems next time. Once you know what's wrong, you can start researching online if you don't come up with your own solutions. Keep trying :)

Edited by phod

jfc    23

Game still needs lots of rebalancing early and mid game, we should be able to farm chlorine using pufts at a balanced ratio without relying on a chlorine geyser, same thing for algae farming if you don't have a steam geyser close to base

Carnis    122

apparently my map just got some random drops of phosphor on random spots, weird. Some sort of mapgen bug.