[Game Update] - 279276

• Developer
  • Great hall now requires 3 decor items.
  • Fixed UI aliasing.
  • Fixed a performance issue where Dupes would use a lot of cpu time to find a place to stand and chat.
  • Jukebot turns down game music for you when you're looking at them.
  • Jukebot chirps with excitement when friends come by to dance, and beeps with sadness when they leave. 
  • Arcade Cabinet SFX.
  • Tweak room constraints, so now partial Great Halls are still Mess Halls, and Med Bays can be built with Latrines.
  • Food and Decor Expectations are being replaced with Food and Decor Perceptions, which are modifiers on the food Duplicants eat and decor they see as it turns into Morale bonuses.
  • Morale has a scaling stress effect now, the more you over/undershoot a dupe's target morale, the bigger the stress effect.
  • Consumables screen now shows Morale instead of Food Expectation and Stress.
  • New traits which affect food expectation.
  • You can no longer debug dig tiles. You must use the deconstruct tool.
  • Rock and Dust comets no longer spawn loose regolith (though loose regolith may be spawned when a tile is destroyed).
  • Moved Massage Table into the Medicine build category.
  • Added Ice Sculpture to the tech tree.
  • This can happen:
  • dance_party.gif

View full update

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SchlauFuchs said:

@Cheerio can you please lower the power demands for Jukebot (960W) and Arcade Cabinet(1200W)? They are insane and unjustified, if compared to the power demands of a Metal Refinery (1200W) and a Super Computer (120W) 

They will just now cheat and pay on super computer instead of doing research

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Morale has a scaling stress effect now, the more you over/undershoot a dupe's target morale, the bigger the stress effect.

After two cycles (in an existing base that I have run for 140+ cycles), I now see one of my seasonned farmer with this a stress change of +80% per cycle.

Is that not a bit too much there? I mean, my base give a barrack + great hall + washroom + recreation (water cooling only though) to everyone and there are painting in quite a lot of places but not in my farms.

With 80% per cycle, it seems my farmers will be on massage all day long at that rate. I do not see how even the bigger bed would change that much this result...

20180725170249_1.jpg.fac2aa71c40470f0b1648cc6cd1a1492.jpg

Edited by Yannick Vachon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

@Cheerio can you please lower the power demands for Jukebot (960W) and Arcade Cabinet(1200W)? They are insane and unjustified, if compared to the power demands of a Metal Refinery (1200W) and a Super Computer (120W) 

It's a bloody disco robot. 960W is fine. It doesn't run all time, apparently multiple (more than 2) dupes can use it at the same time the buff lasts 3 cycles. It's not required by ANY means.

You can literally run it from single wheel and small battery.

Similar story with Arcade.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

After two cycles (in an existing base that I have run for 140+ cycles), I now see one of my seasonned farmer with this a stress change of +80% per cycle.

Is that not a bit too much there? I mean, my base give a barrack + great hall + washroom + recreation (water cooling only though) to everyone and there are painting in quite a lot of places but not in my farms.

With 80% per cycle, it seems my farmers will be on massage all day long at that rate. I do not see how even the bigger bed would change that much this result...

20180725170249_1.jpg.fac2aa71c40470f0b1648cc6cd1a1492.jpg

i think thats just true for if he would stay all cycle in this current area(holding brath, ugly room, hungry, etc).

since this is not true, it wont change 80%. Important is the average of the change / day

Edited by Speadge

25 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Fixed a performance issue where Dupes would use a lot of cpu time to find a place to stand and chat.

This alone has already made a huge difference, and that was just in my first unpause of the game speed. Thanks for that.

11 minutes ago, SchlauFuchs said:

A)  They're only used sporadically, and B) they can be used by multiple dupes at once.  Given A and B, I don't think a high power draw is all that imbalanced.  The current number might be a little excessive, but it should be on the high side.

2 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Allow me to math that for you: 1200+960>2000

du bist echt n held...

That is exactly what he meant - and why he is complaining about it.
he wasnt wondering WHY he gets overloads.

pls dont show ppl u r german after all ;)

Edited by Speadge
  • Like 2

I'm not seeing the food quality perceptions occur, for example, had a dupe eat Frost Buns and he's still at zero, and décor quality didn't change from 0 during the new day... (checks for two full days and stress incursion).  Anyone else seeing these values change from 0/0 ?

2Honr0F.jpg

Edited by WanderingKid

4 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Allow me to math that for you: 1200+960>2000

unless arcade is faster, why not use juke only so 2x is <2000? (ie making them different makes no sense unless one is more powerful in its effect

Massage tables reduce the stress just by just 30% and if a dupes uses the massage table all day long he will not get:

- socialized

- downtime

=> My dupe was stressed, got a whole day on the massage table and feels now worse than before ...

(I play on fatalistic, so my dupes gain 20% stress without me doing anything)

15 minutes ago, Speadge said:

i think thats just true for if he would stay all cycle in this current area(holding brath, ugly room, hungry, etc).

since this is not true, it wont change 80%. Important is the average of the change / day

Since those are mushrooms farms, yes, my farmer are holding their breath while working in carbon dioxide. And to feed 48 duplicants, they are working a lot to do so (but they have some help from the ranchers since my stables are not fully functional).

Which means holding breath + ugly rooms and at the end of the cycle, hungry and full bladder. I do not see myself to have exosuits for my farmers only to harvest mushrooms...

Should I put pictures in my farms then? :p

That would require a major rebuild to make them 5 tile high thus breaking the 96 size limit for a farm. Damn...

• Like 1

LOL.

Constant 100% stress on everyone I like the stress change, but I have every important room and they still get around 15/24 morale and it still says low morale all the time.

They ruined half base already and one or 2 died from stress vomiting, cause nothing was able to lower his stress levels:D

I guess they finally all realized there is no way out and got into the dark pits of insanity.

Best update ever. Totally made my day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Yannick Vachon said:

Since those are mushrooms farms, yes, my farmer are holding their breath while working in carbon dioxide. And to feed 48 duplicants, they are working a lot to do so (but they have some help from the ranchers since my stables are not fully functional).

Which means holding breath + ugly rooms and at the end of the cycle, hungry and full bladder. I do not see myself to have exosuits for my farmers only to harvest mushrooms...

That would require a major rebuild to make them 5 tile high thus breaking the 96 size limit for a farm. Damn...

well - u r speaking about the worst possible conditions - so u might to rethink your concept a bit ;)
Morale / Stress is explicit for avoiding those conditions and make u have to deal with the consequences.

Dont get me wrong - but in my opinion your a a perfect example for that the system "works as designed" ;)

• Developer
30 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

I'm not seeing the food quality perceptions occur, for example, had a dupe eat Frost Buns and he's still at zero, and décor quality didn't change from 0 during the new day... (checks for two full days and stress incursion).  Anyone else seeing these values change from 0/0 ?

2Honr0F.jpg

Just to clarify: these numbers don't move. I forgot to remove the Expectations panel from that screen, but the Perception values are more like Strength or Bladder Efficiency: they just show how "well" the duplicant gets morale from food or decor. the "Superb Meal: +16" morale bonus is what they actually got from eating the food.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

This sounds like a perfect chance to put the new schedule feature through its paces.  Try setting your mushroom farmers (and anyone else who works in unpleasant conditions) to shorter work shifts with longer leisure time, then designate a few of your 48 dupes to be full time mushroom farmers and have them work in morning/evening or day/night shifts to ensure you've always got someone tending the crops.

• Like 1