[Game Update] - 279276

I see the secret now is to not to max out every job possible on everyone.

The way the game works, changed, the restart is most likely required.

Stop asking for stress nerfs and try it with fresh dupes or new base.

I took one new dupe and she is at -60% stress per cycle, pretty manageable if you ask me, even way to much, as it will remove all stress.

Edited by _Q_
  • Like 2

i would like to add a suggestion to add morale bonuses for showers / being clean., and also morale bonus for being treated while sick. since sick dupes in beds wont always go away and do activities during downtime.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

I see the secret now is to not to max out every job possible on everyone.

The way the game works, changed, the restart is most likely required.

Stop asking for stress nerfs and try it with fresh dupes or new base.

I took one new dupe and she is at -60% stress per cycle, pretty manageable if you ask me, even way to much, as it will remove all stress.

Ah, yes, I still remember those "Geyser fix are okay, cope with it"

last update from me? :p

after increasing decor in my base, using gold metal tiles, more decoration items etc, and free access to showers, i seem to have managed to get stress somewhat under control. 1 dupe at 50%, but majority under 20% stress.

image.thumb.png.572168d6658a494c9fdc9ba892213e2e.png

this is without any bonuses from food, so i think it would difficult to keep morale good enough for tier 6 demands, but for tier 5 and below i think most ppl won't have too much problems.

but still, i think that +- 5 stress from 1 morale is too much.

and stress / morale bonuses should be applied while on massage table or after being cared for in sick bed.

9 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Keep in mind the massage table restores your stamina like sleeping, so if you expect regularly massages you could lower the default sleep time to increase your average work time ;)

Sure but assuming you have a top level dup, and there is no way to go above +24, then you have to have your dups on tables for 66% of each and every cycle to overcome the -20% (with tables being +30%).  Even pessimistic means your dups are on tables 1/3 of the time (which without sleep, might work). 

9 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

as many others have pointed out, stress is atm not manageable, even with all facilities its almost impossible to keep the morale up as food don't give a buff at all right now. so as soon as a dupe go outside of your base where you have no decor items to dig/build, you get a HUGE penalty to morale and consequently also stress. 

The solution might mean your miners don't spend all day, every day digging out low decor tunnels.  Use the schedule to adjust their work time and downtime accordingly, or split their work shift between digging outside where decor is low and working inside the base where it's higher.

8 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

EDIT: they don't leave their massage tables during downtime, resulting in that they wont get the morale bonuses from great hall, dance, etc.

The schedule and some clock sensors can be used to to cut power to message tables during downtime.

7 hours ago, _Q_ said:

Stop asking for stress nerfs

It's like the Outbreak Upgrade all over again.  Lots of people prematurely panicking, and if Klei doesn't wait to see how things pan out then stress will soon be as irrelevant to the game as germs are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goboking said:

It's like the Outbreak Upgrade all over again.  Lots of people prematurely panicking, and if Klei doesn't wait to see how things pan out then stress will soon be as irrelevant to the game as germs are.

If OU had introduced slimelung into the testing branch 24 hours before OU went live, and OU had also included washbasins and sinks not working at all due to bugs on release, then sure, that would be a good comparison.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

I think that'll mean starting a new base. All my duplicants have been promoted to the highest jobs, I don't have any infrastructure in place for top of the line food and I sure as hell don't have 1200w to spend on the arcade, or 960w on that beatbox thing. Before I can manage any of that, my base will be rendered useless due the stress. So no, I will be skipping this update and will not allow Klei to push the update on my system until they made it more reasonable and fixed the bugs.

That's fine, it's your decision to not update and continue playing the old version.  For what it's worth, the final release is a bit more reasonable, and also fixed the more severe bugs.

At the same time, the game is in beta, so you shouldn't expect that transitioning saves be a perfectly smooth experience, and I'm not liking everyone complaining that it makes existing saves impossible - it should be looked at from the persepctive of starting a new game, not dropping into the middle of an existing hellhole.

• Like 1