[Game Update] - 279276

3 minutes ago, mattee53 said:

They probably shouldn't increase it to 70% again

Don´t get me wrong, I really like that stress is more persistent.

But if I ever use the alarm for to long or get my dupes stressed in any other way, they will occupy the massage table the whole day and miss out on recreational activities.

=> At least give dupes using the massage table the downtime/break buff

4 minutes ago, chemie said:

Wouldn't you want the tables on all the time except rec time?

Is food working as intended or bugged?

mm yeah but i currently don't wanna lose out on work time since i kind of got morale/stress under control for now.

Edited by mattee53

1 minute ago, mattee53 said:
4 minutes ago, chemie said:

Wouldn't you want the tables on all the time except rec time?

mm yeah but i currently don't wanna lose out on work time since i kind of got morale/stress under control for now.

Keep in mind the massage table restores your stamina like sleeping, so if you expect regularly massages you could lower the default sleep time to increase your average work time ;)

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Nativel said:

Or it's I have this issue? Guys tell me?

Have the same problem lol, my base jump to 100% in one cycle and even after lunch time nothing to do since the max morale I get is something like 12 without the food bonus :p

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leoroy said:

Have the same problem lol, my base jump to 100% in one cycle and even after lunch time nothing to do since the max morale I get is something like 12 without the food bonus :p

then its confirmed its for sure a bug lol.

9 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Keep in mind the massage table restores your stamina like sleeping, so if you expect regularly massages you could lower the default sleep time to increase your average work time ;)

haha so they did great tip this is gonna be used/abused to the max no more sleep.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, chemie said:

I just checked for a duplicant who just ate and he achieved a morale of 19 without any food bonus. At that point, it is almost impossible to manage stress without the huge bonus given by food.

1 hour ago, Nativel said:

Or it's I have this issue? Guys tell me?

I have the same issue. Food doesn't seems to work right now.

Its still possible to get over 24 Morale with Gorgeous Decor (+12) and Great Hall (+6).

5b592ed9d4d07_Capturedecran2018-07-25a22_13_21.png.c47781e0491759e5eee7b0cb7ca8f26a.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yannick Vachon said:

How much decor have you got on your base to achieve +12 as a bonus?

Shinebugs. Shinebugs everywhere.

They are concentrated in a central area where my dupe pass through every cycle. Its gotten a little bit out of hand though, the population has exploded due to lack of monitoring, and now my eyes are gonna melt. Probably way more decor than necessary.

extreme-decor.thumb.png.818ac20f31b62592f629a5c035c60f50.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DustFireSky said:

Sorry, don't get it. I have the actual update. The bug is still there!

Yes it is.

It's not possible to play now, right after dubs going to heavy watt wires area, they will drop morale buff and receiving stress momentarily.
All generators broken - game over.

Edited by Nativel

I can get my dupes to 25 morale (24 required for top job dupes).

If you took shortcuts with your base and didn't already design for maximum morale buff, you will have a HUGE problem trying to convert it while all your dupes is at 100% stress, even my base that had the best food and was designed optimally to avoid stress, it took a lot of cycles before my dupes was up and running under the new morale system and a few hit 100% stress.

My gameplay changes about this patch:

1. Never build arcade or Jukebox

their power consumption is so high that it is not worth building them, maybe super-late game, when I have nothing to do but never ever mid game

2. Never level up dupes

With stress killing any dupe productivity now I will never level up dupes beyond required minimum. Last jobs - do not touch them. Ever. They will kill your colony.

Solution? Wait until game is changed.

As mentioned it's possible to make the dupes work in the new system, but it's perfectly balanced against the 24 max required morale.

Only thing that is broken is the massage table, dupes will use the table over maxing their morale, at max morale they will loss stress, so it's pointless to have massage tables.

Maybe turn on/off the power to the tables so they can only be used during work hours, that might make them work in this build.

Edited by Miravlix

10 hours ago, Yannick Vachon said:

After two cycles (in an existing base that I have run for 140+ cycles), I now see one of my seasonned farmer with this a stress change of +80% per cycle.

Is that not a bit too much there? I mean, my base give a barrack + great hall + washroom + recreation (water cooling only though) to everyone and there are painting in quite a lot of places but not in my farms.

With 80% per cycle, it seems my farmers will be on massage all day long at that rate. I do not see how even the bigger bed would change that much this result...

20180725170249_1.jpg.fac2aa71c40470f0b1648cc6cd1a1492.jpg

well, a seasoned farmer wants 24 morale, and you are only at 7. so that's 17 below expectations, it should have some negative effects to be that much lower.

that said, i believe the food morale bonus is too short, i find my dupes often without it. despite serving nothing but the best pepper bread. they only need to eat once every 2 cycles, and that don't seem to have changed. so the bonus from food should stay longer or they eat every cycle. edit: and atm you get no morale benefit at all from food. is it broken?

as many others have pointed out, stress is atm not manageable, even with all facilities its almost impossible to keep the morale up as food don't give a buff at all right now. so as soon as a dupe go outside of your base where you have no decor items to dig/build, you get a HUGE penalty to morale and consequently also stress. 

Edited by Xadhoom
didn't read all thread.

the tier for some increased jobs i think should be adjusted, to have seasoned farmer and rancher at tier 6 i think its wrong, as they atm get no real buff from becoming seasoned, only a small +2 to their job.

Exosuit engineer and tenured scientist at least get a new trait they can utilize, so for them to be tier 6 i think its ok.

or lower tier 6 to 20 morale, and make exosuit and tenured to tier 7 with 24 morale needed.

this is ridicules:

image.thumb.png.0799523ec265e94585df705a2437227c.png

EDIT: they don't leave their massage tables during downtime, resulting in that they wont get the morale bonuses from great hall, dance, etc.

i think the stress modifier from morale is too strong. 5 for each point below or above will quickly make huge differences.

if i never had given my dupes a tier 6 job and stopped at tier 5, they would all have some - 40% stress from morale, now instead it slowly increases for many of them.

image.png.bd77ec99214e419ec9f93a6f3268d2f1.png

Edited by Xadhoom
noticed another problem.

9 hours ago, AzeTheGreat said:

Right click on Oxygen Not Included > properties > updates > set to "Only update this game when I launch it".  Then to play you'll have to go offline in Steam. 

Or you can adapt and overcome.

I think that'll mean starting a new base. All my duplicants have been promoted to the highest jobs, I don't have any infrastructure in place for top of the line food and I sure as hell don't have 1200w to spend on the arcade, or 960w on that beatbox thing. Before I can manage any of that, my base will be rendered useless due the stress. So no, I will be skipping this update and will not allow Klei to push the update on my system until they made it more reasonable and fixed the bugs.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

10 hours ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

How can I configure steam to stop the update tomorrow from happening? I really don't want this installed as it looks like it'll ruin my base.

Right click the game, properies and somewhere there you can turn off the automatic updates