Expressive Upgrade Testing Branch is now Open! - 277292

Water cooler requires  "Advanced Research" research, while the game arcade requires computing research.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, malloc said:

I can see we will need many more toilets with everyone now synchronised and having to go the second work time ends and break time begins.

There's a small button next to the "cycle clock" in the top left corner. Although not functional yet, I fully expect this will allow you to schedule the cycle and therefore set bathroom time (or break time).

1 minute ago, Ayka said:

I'm crashing literally every single cycle at the start of the day :(

I'm crashing at the end of each cycle. This is very normal given we are the very beginning of the preview branch. Report your bug and add the logfile. It will help the developers.

The Database have been upgraded too. There is a lot more text under the hatch entry for instance but its telling me I need to do some more research or exploration before unlocking the morph entries (even though I already have sage hatches and stone hatches).

The shine bug variants have new names. Abyss bug. Azure bug. Radiant bug. Coral bug. :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FenrirZeroZero said:

I would prefer if Saving the Camera was set to STRG and Jumping to Shift.

You Jump more often than you save and most RPS us STRG to Save Unit Groups.

Is it rebindable?

My first impression of the new update, was a bit confusing:

1. "Most RPS use Ctrl to save unit groups", so I found myself often pressing the false button ;)

2. Fusing decor and food expectations sounds good and it makes job progression more linear (/ intuitive).

BUT: I thought the last change to make different food qualities more impactful was a good decision and should be amplified.

Hope I am not the only one with this mindset ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lazy-Anemic said:

Oh you've even added new maps for generating asteroids.

Unexpected but nice.

The Tiny one crashes for the moment on loading, The Rock creates a world just fine.

Just now, Lilalaunekuh said:

Just noticed some problems with my exosuit docks:

My dupes find no place for their suits and drop them at the reentery point.

(Not every dupe drops is suit at every reentry but it took my 7 dupes just a cycle to drop 9/12 suits)

Already reported it.

• Developer

277328 has some fixes for some common crashes. If you were having trouble, please try again and if you are still having trouble, if you could please upload your save file to our bug tracker, that would be great.

Another thing to mention is because we updated Unity to 2018, the log file location has changed on Windows. It's now here: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\Klei\Oxygen Not Included\output_log.txt. The support page will be updated when the build is pushed live.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cheerio said:

277328 has some fixes for some common crashes. If you were having trouble, please try again and if you are still having trouble, if you could please upload your save file to our bug tracker, that would be great.

I added an update comment already to my bug report, but generating the Tiny world seed still makes the game crash in 277328.