Sooo, Gorge is coming. If Forge was anything to go by, the Survivors are gonna receive some modifications to suit a world of growing, harvesting, shopping(?), preparing, cooking, and seasoning.

So, what better time to throw some guesses out as to what everyone will be good at than right now? Let's role!

7 minutes ago, saiavinn said:

Sooo, Gorge is coming. If Forge was anything to go by, the Survivors are gonna receive some modifications to suit a world of growing, harvesting, shopping(?), preparing, cooking, and seasoning.

So, what better time to throw some guesses out as to what everyone will be good at than right now? Let's role!

Webber has a 100% chance of turning anything he cooks into monster lasagna.

It's weird trying to split so many characters into just a few skill. And we really have no idea what the game mechanics are really like. Do you think taste-testing will be involved? Making sure your food is up-to-snuff for the Gnaw? If so, that's definitely Wicker's or Wolfy's area of expertise.

If different characters are better with different ingredients, then Monster Meat obviously falls to Webber, and if you're even allowed to use less-than-fresh ingredients, I guess WX would handle that.

There are no dedicated growers, really, so I'd guess gardening specialties would fall to Wilson, Winona, and/or Woodie, but I imagine Winona would specialize more in tools and utensils somehow.

Not sure about Wendy. Maybe her relative comfort around monsters would give her perks with interacting with the shopkeepers?

Just throwing stuff out here.

2 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Webber has a 100% chance of turning anything he cooks into monster lasagna.

The horror! The horror! XD

Maybe Willow cooks faster due to insisting on turning the oven heat to "maximum", but has a higher chance of her food turning into Wet Goop because maybe boiling the soup with twenty-foot-high flames when the cookbook explicitly says to just bring it to a simmer is a bad idea.

Wendy could allow food to be able to be cooked faster, or could also have a chance to burn ingredients when cooking them.

Wigfrid would obviously have something related to meat, maybe be able to collect more of it when trading/killing?

(Wes will be able to cook a balloon, winning the game instantly when it explodes in the Gnaw :wilson_sneaky:)

1 hour ago, Brucetheblob said:

(Wes will be able to cook a balloon, winning the game instantly when it explodes in the Gnaw :wilson_sneaky:)

1. Cook for the Gnaw

2. Make old school cake-bomb

3. Send It

4. Kill The Gnaw and save the world

5. Profit.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

Wigfrid's specialty is eating all the meat. Then we sacrifice them in the meat's stead.

In all seriousness they might be better at preparing meat.

But where the meat came from?

I mean there nothing in Gorge that could provide meat, maybe we could kill some wild merms but they don't give meat only fish

2 minutes ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

But where the meat came from?

I mean there nothing in Gorge that could provide meat, maybe we could kill some wild merms but they don't give meat only fish

Looks like you can buy some meat

1 minute ago, Maximus_A_874 said:

The trailer explicitly shows the characters preparing a meat dish. So there is meat somewhere.

Just now, glommerhugger said:

Press F to pay respect to every goatling killed, past or present, in sacrifice to the Gnaw. Every respect is one carrot that Wickerbottom misses to throw into the pot.

F ( 1 Goatling ) FF ( 2 Carrots ) F ( 1 Turnip )

Archived