No Love For Emotes Lately?

Is it just me or do they not release a lot of new emotes anymore?

• Year of the Varg? None.
  • Verdant Set has no ensemble emote.
  • There were no emotes included in the event leak. (We don't know for sure that Victorian/Culinarian doesn't have an ensemble emote, but still.)

I'd much rather have new emotes than have a profile icon for each and every item of event food. 

And the emotes wouldn't even have to be thematic, all but one of the ones released in The Forge had nothing to do with fighting. 

24 minutes ago, Karmattack said:

Is it just me or do they not release a lot of new emotes anymore?

• Year of the Varg? None.
  • Verdant Set has no ensemble emote.
  • There were no emotes included in the event leak. (We don't know for sure that Victorian/Culinarian doesn't have an ensemble emote, but still.)

I'd much rather have new emotes than have a profile icon for each and every item of event food. 

And the emotes wouldn't even have to be thematic, all but one of the ones released in The Forge had nothing to do with fighting. 

4 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

Probably because emotes take more time to create than an image or background.

Well they might add emotes while we wait for the event.

1 hour ago, SuperDavid said:

Imo I'd prefer a few free emotes like sitting & squatting was, though I don't think that may ever happen again..

Technically swoon was free. :p

They'll probably bring it back every Valentine's.

49 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It's fine doing... whatever it is you typically do... but try not to spread around misinformation please.

except it's not 100% misinformation? Lol. Might need to research before jumping on people xD one quick 'swoon emote' search in the search bar brings this up:

"Jump in-game before March 16th to claim your free exclusive skins! The Knitted Puppy Hat, Daggered Heart, and Swoon Emote. Be sure to pick them up, as this may be your last chance to grab the Swoon"

11 hours ago, Jynn said:

except it's not 100% misinformation? Lol. Might need to research before jumping on people xD one quick 'swoon emote' search in the search bar brings this up:

"Jump in-game before March 16th to claim your free exclusive skins! The Knitted Puppy Hat, Daggered Heart, and Swoon Emote. Be sure to pick them up, as this may be your last chance to grab the Swoon"

The person I quoted is known for spouting nonsense, so I thought it was more of the same. Especially since there was no source in their post. My apologies. 

4 hours ago, axxel said:

I think Klei missed a "howl" emote for YotV - Event. But on the other hand I'd have loved an animation that makes your character laugh like the duck hunt dog.

I wonder what a piggy emotion would be like...

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I wonder what a piggy emotion would be like...

Better idea: Some kind of equip item that makes you spout pig lines automatically (YOU GO SMASH!, TOO DARK!, etc.) when performing tasks. 

And for extra trolling points these lines fill the chat. 

We've more or less got all the emotes you'd really ever want to use, no? I was hoping for a laugh emote one of these days, and once it was introduced, I was happy with the bunch we have. I guess variants of some emotes? Not that important in the grand scheme of things though.

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

yabadabadoo

emotes are a crucial part of gameplay, it’s been this way ever since shrimperect introduced the snake juice jump and touch feet emote happy

you failing to understand this simple of a concept explains a lot...

8 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

We've more or less got all the emotes you'd really ever want to use, no? I was hoping for a laugh emote one of these days, and once it was introduced, I was happy with the bunch we have. I guess variants of some emotes? Not that important in the grand scheme of things though.

Your lack of imagination is disappointing. 

Actually getting to see our character do things other than swing a tool/weapon is something I personally find fun. 

Also seeing Wickerbottom do the robot is the absolute best. 

4 hours ago, Karmattack said:

Your lack of imagination is disappointing. 

Actually getting to see our character do things other than swing a tool/weapon is something I personally find fun. 

Also seeing Wickerbottom do the robot is the absolute best. 

Well, nobody else has really given any solid ideas for an emote that already doesn't exist. Care to prove your point?

I personally want to see some more emotes in the game, from all the DST items they are the best in my opinion. Some exact ideas are "afraid/scared", "good job!" :wilson_goodjob:, "self-confident" (this one should be used during a hound attack, just to increase your chances of survival) and an evil laugh (you could use it just before you meet the poor unsuspecting koalafant). Also more dancing or looping emotes would be nice.

Archived