Small Rant

So, i've decided to share my thoughts with the community here, it's been bottling up a bit in me lately and i gotta let it out

I really haven't been enjoying DST lately.

I've spent countless of hours playing it, quickly falling in love with everything about this game, mainly the story, it's characters and the overal theme. 

But these days, this game became incredibly boring for me to play, the same monotonous tasks really making me wish i was playing about any other game than this. I know developers are trying their best to keep the game updated and fresh, but another 30 minutes of picking grass, sticks and berries will drive me crazy.

I've tried a few mods, but it's not really making it better, in the end this game feels a lot more like a chore than something i would enjoy, even the social servers require you to still worry about your survival, and there isn't much you can do in this game purely for fun.

I don't know what to do anymore, i still love everything about this game, just not the gameplay itself. What should i do?

37 minutes ago, Newax said:

So, i've decided to share my thoughts with the community here, it's been bottling up a bit in me lately and i gotta let it out

I've spent countless of hours playing it, quickly falling in love with everything about this game, mainly the story, it's characters and the overal theme. 

But these days, this game became incredibly boring for me to play, the same monotonous tasks really making me wish i was playing about any other game than this. I know developers are trying their best to keep the game updated and fresh, but another 30 minutes of picking grass, sticks and berries will drive me crazy.

I've tried a few mods, but it's not really making it better, in the end this game feels a lot more like a chore than something i would enjoy, even the social servers require you to still worry about your survival, and there isn't much you can do in this game purely for fun.

I don't know what to do anymore, i still love everything about this game, just not the gameplay itself. What should i do?

A new event has been announced for the 14th, id say take a break and come back when the event comes.

1 hour ago, Newax said:

I've spent countless of hours playing it

Not everyone is made to play the same game forever. If you put countless hours on it and enjoyed it, it's a great thing and maybe it's just time to move on and explore other games.

No biggie.

Yeah, play another game, until you feel like you WANT to play DST again.

Wait for the event, and see if it's different enough to enjoy the game.

Try modding the game yourself, this could also be a way to change the game the way you want it.

But don't force you to play, it's normal to be bored. The more often, you'll find pleasure later to play again.

That was always an issue in the game, not a big deal but the start is always very slow and incredibly boring for the old ones, I always use this time to talk with my team mates, since it requieres very low attention we have funny conversations during the first days, you can even check your facebook or whatever thanks to the automate picking and walking mode for switching the window :D

I'm not saying you should keep trying I really don't have good advices for this, is a design problem, what can I say? is boring and thats a note for the devs, a mode to boost the start would be pretty cool, maybe a more risky mode in exchange for resources and exploration already gathered, the "plus" configuration is the most aproximate description of this, but is just not enough.

I know the klei team is not working on permanent changes for the game right now, but I hope they have it in main, after all this time they fixed a lot of things about game design in a way that I would never imagine, and this can be fixed for sure, I just don't know a creative way and for above of all fun

3 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Beefalo taming is another thing to try.

I'd honestly suggest against that, I think it's a pretty poorly implemented feature and is very tedious, frustrating and pointless.

Yes some people find it fun, but my impression is that most people don't.

4 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

It’s really nuts to play the same game for hundreds of hours and expect not to ever get bored. It’s not a design flaw. It’s life. Go outside. 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/IvoCZE , I just have bad computer so I don't play too long... [ tooo loooong ]

9 hours ago, Rily said:

a mode to boost the start would be pretty cool, maybe a more risky mode in exchange for resources and exploration already gathered, the "plus" configuration is the most aproximate description of this, but is just not enough.

Well, you can probably mod at least the first part, depending of what you want exactly. It's also a solution if you don't like gathering grass and stuff like this the first days. ABout adding risk, the hard part is to add fun risk, this is hard to balance. But having a quick start should be possible.

I've been there, my dude. This happens. For some reason, I only play one game at time. I get completely involved in a game and don't feel like playing anything else, but eventually I'll get tired or bored of this one same game I've been playing for weeks, so I start a different game I enjoy. Short answer is: play something else you enjoy or don't play anything at all.

6 minutes ago, verm1ll1on said:

I've been there, my dude. This happens. For some reason, I only play one game at time. I get completely involved in a game and don't feel like playing anything else, but eventually I'll get tired or bored of this one same game I've been playing for weeks, so I start a different game I enjoy. Short answer is: play something else you enjoy or don't play anything at all.

Tbh this did happen to me not so long ago and now since this event happened too im more invested in dst.

3 hours ago, Mr. Matt said:

Tbh this did happen to me not so long ago and now since this event happened too im more invested in dst.

I completely missed The Forge event during my time off DST, so another pro tip: if you're off DST because you're kinda bored with the game, keep yourself up to date by at least checking the forums once a week.

23 hours ago, Newax said:

if you're not enjoying the game, take a break

there's no need to try and force yourself to enjoy something that's become monotonous, as you put it

Archived