Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

more new textures including a few that are updated

Spoiler

artifact_analysis_0

artifact_analysis_0.thumb.png.7baee7b5fa8cd2604683dd0cf8576d3d.png

station for researching artifacts, presumably from gravitas 

artifact_transport_module_0

artifact_transport_module_0.thumb.png.a52d0ada33368ba9bf28d367bfbd866d.png

rocket module used for transporting artifacts, presumably from the gravitas space poi

gravitas_pedestal_nice_0

gravitas_pedestal_nice_0.thumb.png.45243e07c300d65d6b0fc7dd257c3edd.png

single space gravitas brand pedestal

gravitas_pedestal_regular_0

gravitas_pedestal_regular_0.thumb.png.9471567ea217b7b562e50bd346bb7c71.png

gravitas brand pedestal with several space for items

harvestable_space_poi_0

867929578_harvestable_space_poi_0updated.thumb.png.29884e4c4c030e9e053fb966ab41ee02.png

updated texture for the space poi, with more coming

material_research_centre_0

material_research_centre_0.thumb.png.193a989b6b7f8704b7c2bc291e074933.png

station used for even higher tier research

rocket_nosecone_gathering_0

849411716_rocket_nosecone_gathering_0updated.thumb.png.a71d2819d3d444c414690dfb04608b89.png

current texture for the drillcone

ill add more textures as they come, this is all for now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

On 5/19/2021 at 10:26 AM, minespatch said:

5b51b86373867_tempartcontemplating.thumb.png.3242d6fae92a72e25c154700fe907cc0.pngTemp's been busy.:wilson_laugh:

Temp is the greatest artist around - He does so much stuff ! :congratulatory:

Imagine Temp at airport security: "So your passport says your name is...Temp ?".

"That is indeed correct. My parents used to play a lot of StarCraft, its short for Templar. BTW I do I lot of star crafting for the company I work for."

"Oh, you are a crafty little fella, are you?".

"Zerg attack in 23, don`t make me angry".

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2021 at 7:27 AM, Magheat2009 said:

It's been over two months since someone posted here.

Fell down a rabbit hole of webcomics. :wilson_ecstatic:

I noticed while playing recently that some new songs were added and HOLY COW THEY ARE BOPS! I'm currently arranging them and will probably be posting them to youtube within the day. :wilson_goodjob:

For some reason though the latest update broke the tool I use to export the DLC files...the non-DLC files work just fine so I don't know what's up but I'm working through it.

• Like 2

New Logs!

Spoiler

To: [REDACTED]
<jstern@gravitas.nova>
------------------
    Director, I think I've found the perfect engineer candidate to design our small-scale colony machines.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Bringing Creative Workspace Ideas into the Industrial Setting
        Michael E.E. Perlmutter is a rising star in the world industrial design, making a name for himself by cooking up playful workspaces for a work force typically left out of the creative conversation.

"Ergodynamic chairs have been done to death," says Perlmutter. "What I'm interested in is redesigning the industrial space. There's no reason why a machine can't convey a sense of whimsy."
        It's this philosophy that has launched Perlmutter to the top of a very short list of hot new industrial designers.
        [REDACTED]
        Human Resources Coordinator
        The Gravitas Facility
        ------------------

At first I was a little confused because I was like "Michael...I haven't heard of a dupe named that".

Then I put it together.

Michael E.E. Perlmutter.

Meep.

Spoiler

From the time she was old enough to walk Captain Johannsen dreamed of reaching the sky. Growing up on an air force base she came to love the sound jet engines roaring overhead. At 16 she became the youngest pilot ever to fly a fighter jet, and at 22 she had already entered the space flight program.
    Four years later Gravitas nabbed her for an exclusive contract piloting our space shuttles. In her time at Gravitas, Captain Johannsen has logged over 1,000 hours space flight time shuttling and deploying satellites to Low Earth Orbits and has just been named the pilot of our inaugural civilian space tourist program, slated to begin in the next year.
    Gravitas is excited to have Captain Johannsen in the pilot seat as we reach for the stars...and beyond!

Brought to you by the Gravitas Facility.

Ayyy so that's what she was so excited to go into space!

Spoiler

[Voice Recognition Initialized]
[Subjects Identified: B835, B997]

[LOG BEGINS]

Dr.Ansari: Shhhh...

Dr. Bubare: What? What are we doing here?

Dr. Ansari: I'll show you, just keep your voice down.

Dr. Bubare: Are we even allowed to be here?

Dr. Ansari: No. Trust me it'll all be worth it once I can find it.

Dr. Bubare: Find what?

Dr. Ansari: That!

Dr. Bubare: ...Video feed from a rat cage? What's so great about -- Wait. Are they--?

Dr. Ansari: Floating!

Dr. Bubare: You mean they're in--?

Dr. Ansari: Space!

Dr. Bubare: Our thermal rats are in space?!?!

Dr. Ansari: Yep! There's Applecart and Cherrypie and little Bananabread. Look at them, they're so happy. We made ratstronauts!!

Dr. Bubare: HAPPY rat-stronauts.

Dr. Ansari: WE MADE HAPPY RATSTRONAUTS!!

Dr. Bubare: Shhhhhh...Someone's coming.

[LOG ENDS]

Spoiler

The first experiments with establishing a colony off planet were an unmitigated disaster. Without outside help, our current Artificial Intelligence was completely incapable of making the kind of spontaneous decisions needed to deal with unforeseen circumstances. Additionally, the colony subjects lacked the forethought to even build themselves toilet facilities, even after soiling themselves repeatedly.

While initial experiments in a lab setting were encouraging, our latest operation on non-Terra soil revealed some massive inadequacies to our system. If this idea is ever going to work, we will either need to massively improve the AI directing the subjects, or improve the brains of our Duplicants to the point where they possess higher cognitive functions.

Given the massive complications that I could forsee arising if our Duplicants were made less supplicant, I'm leaning toward a push to improve our Artificial Intellegence.

Meanwhile, we will have to send a clean up crew to destroy all evidence of our little experiment beneath the Ceres' surface. We can't risk anyone discovering the remnants of our failed colony, even if the likelihood or that happening won't be for another few decades at least.

(Sometimes it boggles my mind how much further behind the rest of the world is from Gravitas.)

Spoiler

We have been successfully using the Temporal Bow now for some time with no obvious consequences. I should be happy that this works so well, but several questions gnaw at my brain late at night.

If Time's Arrow is moving forward the Laws of Entropy declare that the universe should be moving from a state of order to one of chaos. If the Temporal Bow bends to a previous point in time to a point when things were more orderly, logic would dictate that we are making this point more chaotic by taking things from it. All known laws of the natural universe suggests that this should have affected our Present Day, but all evidence points to that not being true. It appears the theory that we cannot change our past was incorrect!

This suggests that Time is, in fact, not an arrow but several arrows, each pointing different directions. Fundamentally, this proves the existence of other timelines - different dimensions - some of which we can assume have also built their own Temporal Bow.

The promise of crossing this final dimensional threshold is too tempting. Imagine what things Gravitas has invented in another dimension!! I must find a way to tear open the fabric of spacetime and tap into the limitless human potential of a thousand alternate timelines.

Spoiler

Clearly Nikola is evil. He has some kind of scheme going on that he’s keeping secret from the rest of Gravitas and I haven’t been able to crack what that is because it’s offline and he’s always at his computer. Whenever I ask him what he’s up to he says I wouldn’t understand. Pfft! We both went through the same particle physics classes, buddy. Just because you mash a keyboard and I adjust knobs does not mean I don’t know what the Time Containment Field does.

And then today I dropped a wrench and Nikola nearly jumped out of his skin! He spun around and screamed at me never to do that again. And then when I said, "Geez, it’s not the end of the world," he was like, "Yeah, it’s not like the world will blow up if I get this wrong" really sarcastic like.

Which technically is true. If the Time Containment Field were to break down the Temporal Bow could theoretically blow up the world but that’s why there are safety systems in place. And safety systems on safety systems. And then safety systems on top of that. But then he built all the safety systems so if he wanted to…
------------------
I decided to get into work early today but when I got in Nikola was already there and it looked like he hadn’t been home all weekend. He was pacing back-and-forth in the lab, monologuing but not like an evil villain. Like someone who hadn’t slept in a week.

"Ruby," he said. "You have to promise me that if anything goes wrong you’ll turn on this machine. They’re pushing it too far. The printing pods are pushing the...It’s too much - TOO MUCH! Something’s going to blow. I tried… I’m trying to save it. Not the Earth. There’s no hope for the Earth, it’s all going to…" then he made this exploding sound. "But the Universe. Time itself. It could all go, don’t you see? This machine can contain it. Put a Temporal Containment Field around the Earth so time itself doesn’t break down and...and…"

Then all of a sudden these security guys came in. New guys. People I haven’t seen before. And they just took him away. Then they took me to a room and asked me all kinds of questions and I answered them, I guess. I don’t remember much because the whole time I was thinking - What if I was wrong? What if he’s not evil, but Gravitas is?

What if I was wrong and what if he’s right?
------------------
No seriously - what if he's right?
------------------

So that's why there's a barrier around Earth...very interesting. :wilson_curious:

And three variations of the cloning experiment!

Spoiler

Rats

Spoiler

[Subject Identified: B111]

[LOG BEGINS]\n\n[A throat clears.]

B111: We are now reliably printing healthy, living subjects, though all have exhibited unusual qualities as a result of the cloning process.

[Squeaking sounds can be heard.]

B111: Unusual vocalizations, benign growths, and missing appendages have been seen in all subjects thus far, to varying degrees of severity. It seems that bypassing or accelerating juvenility halts certain critical stages of development. Brain function, however, appears typical.

[Squeaking.]

B111: T-They also seem quite happy.

B111: Dr. Broussard, signing off.

[LOG ENDS]

[LOG BEGINS

"A-and how are you furry little fellows today?

(squeaking)

Look! I brought sunflower seeds. Your favorite! Are you hungry?

(excited squeaking)

Oh, one moment, my dear, little friends. I left the recorder on --

(rustling)

[LOG ENDS]

[Subjects Identified: A001, B111]

[LOG BEGINS]

Broussard: Director, do you know where my rats have been moved to? I asked around the bioengineering division but I was referred back to you.

Director: Hm? Oh, yes, they've been removed.

Broussard: "Removed"?

Director: Discarded. I'm sorry, did you still need them? The reports showed your experiments with them were completed.

Broussard: No, I-I... I'd collected all the data I needed, I just --

nDirector: -- Doctor. You weren't making pets out of test subjects, were you?

Broussard: Don't be ridiculous, I --

Director: -- Good.They were horrible to look at anyway. All those bumps.

Broussard: In the future, please do not mess with my things. It... disturbs me.

Director: I will notify you beforehand next time, doctor.

[LOG ENDS]

Racoons

Spoiler

[LOG BEGINS]

[A throat clears.]

B111: We are now reliably printing healthy, living subjects, though all have exhibited unusual qualities as a result of the cloning process.

[Trilling sounds can be heard.]

B111: Unusual mewings, benign neoplasms, and atavistic extremities have been seen in all subjects thus far, to varying degrees of severity. It seems that bypassing or accelerating juvenility halts certain critical stages of development. Brain function, however, appears typical.

[Trilling.]

[LOG ENDS]

[LOG BEGINS]

A-and how are you clever little guys today?

(trilling)

Look! I brought some pink shrimp for you to eat. Your favorite! Are you hungry?

(excited trilling)

Oh, one moment, my keen eager pals. I left the recorder on --

(rustling)

[LOG ENDS]

[LOG BEGINS]

Broussard: Director, do you know where my raccoons have been moved to? I asked around the bioengineering division but I was referred back to you.

Director: Discarded. I'm sorry, did you still need them? The reports showed your experiments with them were completed.

Director: -- Doctor. You weren't making pets out of test subjects, were you?

Director: -- Good.They were horrible to look at anyway. All that mangy fur.

[LOG ENDS]

Rabbits

Spoiler

[LOG BEGINS]

[A throat clears.]

[Chattering sounds can be heard.]

B111: Odd communications, abnormal excrescenses, and vestigal limbs have been seen in all subjects thus far, to varying degrees of severity. It seems that bypassing or accelerating juvenility halts certain critical stages of development. Brain function, however, appears typical.

[Chattering.]

[LOG ENDS]

[LOG BEGINS]

"A-and how are you bouncy little critters today?

(chattering)

Look! I brought strawberries. Your favorite! Are you hungry?

(excited chattering)

Oh, one moment, my precious, little pals. I left the recorder on --

(rustling)

[LOG ENDS]

[LOG BEGINS]

Broussard: Director, do you know where my rabbits have been moved to? I asked around the bioengineering division but I was referred back to you.

Director: -- Doctor. You weren't making pets out of test subjects, were you?

Director: -- Good.They were horrible to look at anyway. All those red eyes looking at me.

[LOG ENDS]

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2