Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

On 7/2/2023 at 10:47 AM, SGT_Imalas said:

if the milk machine is one of those things that got cut

Don't you put that evil on us.  :p

On 7/2/2023 at 10:47 AM, SGT_Imalas said:

on that note, what do you ppl think the milk/milk fat should have as features/properties

Milk in the microbe musher could make cheese.  I have no idea what higher end (gas range) dish it could be used in, though.  I would say omelettes, but that'd require a new electric grill recipe using raw egg.

Edit:  Alternatively, milk + ice + sucrose in the microbe musher could make ice cream.

Edited by goboking
  • Like 2

Spoiler

...did they increase the resolution of the assets again? I dunno if it's just me and my bootlegged setup (I'm using a TV instead of a monitor) but it looks like some of the image files are looking more clear.

Terrible news. It appears that they have removed any traces of milk, milk fat, and the milking machine from the game. Which hopefully means that it was accidentally released too soon, because it's very rare for them to remove something like that whole cloth.

I had meant to look at the strings to see what the game said about them but they're gone. :wilson_cry:

31 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Terrible news. It appears that they have removed any traces of milk, milk fat, and the milking machine from the game. Which hopefully means that it was accidentally released too soon, because it's very rare for them to remove something like that whole cloth.

I had meant to look at the strings to see what the game said about them but they're gone. :wilson_cry:

Okay so I did some things and turns out even in build 561558 (the milky build) there is no information about the milk or the buildings.

So I'm not sure if this was an idea that was scrapped, and they just forgot to remove the assets, or what. :wilson_curious:

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

I hope you are right and they will add it. It could be even story trait, though normal building would be good as well! At the moment one can colonize Moo Moonlet, there is really no need to do that, as players have enough power and food and Moos are redundant. If they were source of unique (and super quality) food, +8 morale and/or super effects, it would be really nice reason to go there!

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

And...I'm not quite sure what to call this. Updated building ranges?

Hide contents

space_scanner_range.png.6f9336f68492bb45d8f47055bce04664.pngtelescope_range.png.b861751a0df70d275738ea57384e72e9.png

These are the "we changed how these sensors worked and we also changed what range looks like" notification you get when you open a save for the first time since the update

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

So, my computer is giving me some difficulties right now...while I try to patch things up here's something to hold you over hopefully.

5eSTY3a.png

Its a dupe cleaner! So they are slick for the tubes!

On 8/17/2023 at 10:16 AM, 3GuB said:

image.png.2ed8c574efa76a00d5741d4c7abbcc38.png
Do we have original transparent png of early logo?

If it's not in the oldest build we have access to then I don't think so

Update: just checked the files, no dice. You could try reaching out to one of the ONI artists and see if they have it. :wilson_curious:

Spoiler

Hey hi hello, it's me the local file sifter. I've been busy climbing trees and looking deeply at the ground...agriculture is fun. :wilson_nerdy:

image.png.24f6f34fd483ebb35ad98285905d4a07.png

So some things I've noticed real quick:

Spoiler

1. Sweepy now has waxing animations

9FgGAWS.png

2. Sweepy can also now drink...this has implications I do not want to go think about

GwW1bkD.png

The new traps:

Spoiler

JogUnya.pngaelKJ5h.pngYh6fiWU.png

The new wax tube

Spoiler

2v8Kd5e.png

New Dev building: light generator

Spoiler

4pkOKe0.png

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Xenologist said:

It was something else; there was a mod that fixed an issue related to them not showing earlier this year, and I'm wondering what the actual trims themselves look like isolated.

Wait I think I get it...but like sakura said I don't think it's an actual image.

In case I'm wrong I believe you mean like the black outline on the materials???

• Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 4:25 PM, watermelen671 said:

you mean like the black outline on the materials???

Exactly. I reckon that the outline is an actual tileset somewhere in the assets because I don't think klei has gone so far as to make a noise function to procedurally generate it.

Edited by Xenologist