Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Ice Volgus would be a great version of a wheezewort animal version. Probably would be great for ice related foods such as sleet wheat.

Isn't Volgus supposed to be a pest?  I thought the dig into the base and eat all the food.

Like rats.

1 minute ago, Mooagain said:

Isn't Volgus supposed to be a pest?  I thought the dig into the base and eat all the food.

Like rats.

That's just headcannon based off of what people WANT them to be.

In reality volgus are kinda just...there. They actively avoid Duplicants at all costs, and are skittish.

I know I've said this before...like a million times, but they're most likely (based off of what the codex and what their coded behaviour was) like the rabbits from Don't Starve.

Okay...so here's how I'm designing baby volgus, enlarged head area, eyes kinda like drecklets, wings (because hush), smol tail, and a never-ending glimmer of hope in their eyes. :wilson_love:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goboking said:

That's the stuff of nightmares.  :o  If I saw such a thing flying about my asteroid I would assume my dupes had accidentally opened a portal to hell. 

How could you say that? Glom Glom is the greatest thing to ever happen to dst

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, goboking said:

That's the stuff of nightmares.  :o  If I saw such a thing flying about my asteroid I would assume my dupes had accidentally opened a portal to hell. 

This would be a perfect time to simply open all the doors in the space station.

Spoiler

Side note. How could you possibly say that about Glom Glom?! My poor baby, my precious baby! 

• Haha 1

Here comes the new bristle peppernut fusion poutine with melted gassy moo cheese curds : 

image.pngimage.png

... Yes this is honestly the first thing that came to my mind when I tried to figure out what this machine was about.

Edited by Mariilyn
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, goboking said:

Is this animation new or something that's been in the files for a while?

34 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Seed splicer seems to be making new plants... Bristle peper?

Sounds cool!

The seed splicer is something old that's been in the game since...uh...whenever the pitcher pump was added.

54 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Is there an uncolored rancher hat in there? Does it mean ranching improvements?

Unlikely. I dunno why it's there, but it's the exact same temp art as the ranching hat was during Ranching MKI preview.

My guess it that it's a placeholder, because there are hats that are missing I believe.

1 hour ago, Mariilyn said:

[le poutine]

I take offense to that...

crysipp.png.4caf634354beeebdcd43ffbfae41f2c4.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

What you mean by "Basekeeping"?

That's just the name of the file that I extracted directly from the game.

idk.png.ad4fa951a08564ab864964c11eb0395c.png

I can't recall what the name was I checked on the ONI wiki, and the first tier hat is called Groundskeeper, and the second tier is Plumber.

Both tiers fall under the job/skill category of basekeeping, hence the name of the file no doubt.

Spoiler

But this is all speculation because I have no idea why the devs name the files the way they do.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

5cac057fa2cf0_shovevole.png.aa3294c7427bb7689e6d4cf4dd2a11df.png

The more I look the funnier it gets. I keep hearing the "aaaaah" from the screaming mouse meme video. 

15 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

hatch.png.e36fda7ec70bad289d01b65366a21e88.png

O--------O

16 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

puft.png.114d4d9dff657f57e015adc350d19093.pngslickster.png.870ab8e84ec21388327c29cfbf418dbc.pngshinebug.png.6b09566452aefe80e3422c8eeedc24d2.png

Well, these ones are cute. Especially the lightbug, you're doing amazing sweetie. 

2 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

The more I look the funnier it gets. I keep hearing the "aaaaah" from the screaming mouse meme video. 

O--------O

Well, these ones are cute. Especially the lightbug, you're doing amazing sweetie. 

They all look painful as heck, well...aside from the Slickster, I dunno where the egg comes from because I'm pretty sure Slicksters are just a doily-esque flap.

Spoiler

And how does the Puft manage to get that egg out of it's tail?

Like, it just looks painful, like trying to push out a watermelon from a sink pipe.

Also I fixed the missing limbs.

sleep_floor.png.66f1c32c5443280c9e4d3c93889b714a.png

Spoiler

I still wish I knew why this keeps happening. :wilson_curious:

Anyways the only two who appear to actually have to strain to lay an egg would be the Drecko and Shinebug.

Big oof. #Relatable.

Spoiler

I need to go to bed.

• Like 1