Ranching Upgrade Mark I Preview Now Available! - 258691

16 minutes ago, swamprunner7 said:

Tried to play, after 50th day constantly crashing, waiting for another snapshot :)

Did you make a bug report?  I'm on day 78, no debug mode.  I find the debug mode with the preview branches is very, very unstable.  I usually crash a couple time an hour with debug when I try to do things too quickly, like replacing tiles. 

1 hour ago, Amara313 said:

Did you make a bug report?  I'm on day 78, no debug mode.  I find the debug mode with the preview branches is very, very unstable.  I usually crash a couple time an hour with debug when I try to do things too quickly, like replacing tiles. 

your reaching your ram limits. i have a 16 gigabyte laptop and it runs just fine well into cycle 300

Bug or intended?

You can mark hatches for wrangling, but if you go to wrangle one when it is starting to burrow, the wrangling happens. It looks like it vanishes but you end up with a buried sack. This happens over burrowable tiles, not floor. You can dig up the sack if you figure out it is there. However, if that had happened off camera, I would have assumed the hatch had vanished.

12 hours ago, karloomarx said:

Currently trying out the preview version.. Did the hatches get nerfed? they seem to make eggs alot, but poops coal so few times my hatch-coal-power set up's running out of coal pretty fast

I see my hatches producing lots of coal by eating metal and minerals but haven't reach ranching yet.

1 hour ago, Hechicera said:

Bug or intended?

You can mark hatches for wrangling, but if you go to wrangle one when it is starting to burrow, the wrangling happens. It looks like it vanishes but you end up with a buried sack. This happens over burrowable tiles, not floor. You can dig up the sack if you figure out it is there. However, if that had happened off camera, I would have assumed the hatch had vanished.

Sounds like a bug. You can wrangle them out of the ground right now, which is fun.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, geniusthemaster said:

your reaching your ram limits. i have a 16 gigabyte laptop and it runs just fine well into cycle 300

It's not maxing the ram.  I seem to keep doing things that cause crashes when I use debug mode.  lol.   It doesn't happen in the stable branch though.  I think it's a case of "one too many things" going wrong there.  

Yeah, sent reports. Seems like the game crashing from third speed, something cannot keep up some times. 

After restart and play on normal speed few minutes its doing ok, but after 10-15 min crashing again :) 

PC memory is not an issue.

Edited by swamprunner7

Btw they did say in the preview stream that the preview build will run slower than usual. It's running analytics in the background.

Sounds like there might also be a memory leak. This is bascially when memory is being allocated to a task but never "freed up" again, which'll eventually cause software to lock up. The time taken for it to crash will vary depending on the amount of tasks you are making it do before memory finally runs out.

Edited by Jigsawn

Awesome update :) - R1-259080

Love the critter farming. Eggs and all.

List of bugs noticed:

• Lure does not work on shine bug when shine bug is located in infirmary.
  • Both shinebugs and pufts are attracted to lure even when there is no bate in it.

Questionable stuff:

• Geysirs are very much nerfed. Especially gas geysirs seem useless. It forced the player to use alternatives though. I find myself using hamster wheels a lot. And coal a bit more but it requires so much coal that it is only usable for short periods of time.
  • Gasses disappear all over the place. Hydrogen gone. CO2 just gone. No explanation for it. I think worts eat hydrogen now ;-).
  • Water and gas does not flow very well through pipes. Nor does it flow well through 3 tile wide corridors.

20180311132530_1.jpg

• Sad 1

Is it possible to suffocate pufts? I want to pump chlorine into an area with pufts (to remove the slimelung there), but I don't want to kill the wee guys accidentally! They breathe polluted oxygen right, but do they need it to survive?

Edited by Jigsawn

30 minutes ago, Jigsawn said:

Is it possible to suffocate pufts? I want to pump chlorine into an area with pufts (to remove the slimelung there), but I don't want to kill the wee guys accidentally! They breathe polluted oxygen right, but do they need it to survive?

They produce slimelung so it'd be quite the waste of time. Just scrub the slime as you remove it from the room.
Flood the bottom of the room so the slime falls underwater and stops touching the air to help contain it.

• Like 3

On 10/03/2018 at 8:09 PM, swamprunner7 said:

Tried to play, after 50th day constantly crashing, waiting for another snapshot :)

Have you got the grooming station? if so there is crashing caused by that, or the laying an egg, its one or the other.

16 minutes ago, swamprunner7 said:

If i understand right, geysers are useless now? Too slow to generate needed amount of gas or water %)

Geysers are not useless, they output less, but we have more of them, fr instance for water you always get two cool steam fumaroles, then you can have a water geyser, or polluted water geyser, plus other ways to get water, same goes for most gasses.