Ranching Upgrade Mark I Preview Now Available! - 258691

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.de12067677e0e1ee45f2b5d76bad8452.png

The "cycle" doesn't mean a cycle of day and night, but means the eruption cycle.

New geyser information

ATTENTION: I still doesn't understand what the "RatePerCycle" mean in game code. But the RatePerCycle might mean (kg/ Eruption Cycle) instead of (average g/s in a cycle) or (g/s when erupting), so I update the sheet. If you find the data in game that doesn't match my conclusion, please tell me.

RatePerCycle means (kg/ Day and Night Cycle) , Day and Night Cycle= 600s.

ver. 259633  New table 

Edited by R9MX4
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6

39 minutes ago, goboking said:

That's something I'm worried about.  If there are indeed 11 types of geysers now and if we're not guaranteed to get one of each per map that would make for some frustrating experiences if you spend a long time digging out a map only to realize it's not sustainable.

The type geysers are less important now as long as you get 1 volcano.  With a volcano and bred slicksters, sustainability is assured because you can feed slicksters co2 and get crude oil, which you boil to natural gas, which you feed to natural gas generators which produce CO2 and polluted water.  Also limitless power.

Edited by Zarquan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, goboking said:

After peaking around in debug mode I saw no magma geysers.  Since steam turbines remain unchanged, that's an auto-re-roll of the map for me.  Means to replenish water and magma are must-haves, in my opinion.

Well if the molten metal geysers really do run at 2900 degrees, they could substitute for magma

• Like 1

Just now, goboking said:

After peaking around in debug mode I saw no magma geysers.  Since steam turbines remain unchanged, that's an auto-re-roll of the map for me.  Means to replenish water and magma are must-haves, in my opinion.

10 out of 18 possible geysers are hot enough for turbine. Just sayin'

• Like 2

My concern is about all the new heat appearing in the world.  A molten iron volcano is going to add far more heat energy than anything we have had before, even the tepidizer bug.  Are there any non-borg cube solutions to that kind of heat introduced?

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Well if the molten metal geysers really do run at 2900 degrees, they could substitute for magma

4 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

10 out of 18 possible geysers are hot enough for turbine. Just sayin'

But output rates of a part of them are too low. For example, hot Carbon Dioxide geyser.

After poking around 5 worlds:

• all had 2 cool steam geysers (old steam geysers)
  • all had at least one nat gas geyser
  • all had at least one chlorine geyser
  • all had at least one volcano (magma/copper/iron/gold)

There was 10-11 'geysers' not including oil wells (1-3) and 2-3 AETN.

3 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Any news on late game power options yet? These new stations will no doubt be power hungry i'd imagine?

Still seeing hardly anyone using the steam turbine, and natural gas power plants bore the heck out of me...

I don't think the turbine has changed but a lot of the new geysers emit temperatures hot enough to run them so who knows

3 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

Which at this point begins to make one wonder why and if we should continue calling it a bug or exploit

If it's neither of those things, then it's at least a really confusing and opaque behavior of the game. It seems like there's a couple of threads every day of people posting various cooling setups they're proud of creating only to be told that 80% of the thing's cooling power is due to the drip cooling behavior.

If it's intentional, it should at least be possible for players to easily identify when it's happening, to understand why and how big its effect is, and (arguably) to avoid it if they'd prefer.

• Like 2

Just now, Kabrute said:

Which at this point begins to make one wonder why and if we should continue calling it a bug or exploit

Since it has been registered as a known issue in bug tracker, why not?

Mechanized Airlock metal maker also has been registered as a known issue several months ago, but I don't think there is anyone believe its a intended feature instead of a bug. 

• Like 1

If I switch to the test branch, can I load up my main branch save games and the new stuff will appear in those? Will I lose existing save games if I start playing in test branch? And do I have to effectively download the game twice to have the main game and the test branch on my computer? Thanks.