[Game Update] - 254569 - EXTENDED! - Celebrate the Year of the Varg with Your Special Someone

14 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Congrats on the first Elegant! And hey, first time I see someone referencing that from Woody Woodpecker, FeelsGoodMan

Thank you!
Technically, it's not my first Elegant drop. But it is the first item of value I received after more than 1k hours played! HAHAHA

About Woody Woodpecker, it was my favorite cartoon as a kid. I did not imagine anyone would recognize the reference. :D
  • Like 2

4 chest a week and so much elegants...

I never reach the 4th gift. Don't know why.

By the way, someone can explain me how does the gift drop system works? i'm not sure ti understand very well (i find explanations but they were sometime differents or maybe my english is not so good...)?  I don't understand the time laps between the drops.

21 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

4 chest a week and so much elegants...

I never reach the 4th gift. Don't know why.

By the way, someone can explain me how does the gift drop system works? i'm not sure ti understand very well (i find explanations but they were sometime differents or maybe my english is not so good...)?  I don't understand the time laps between the drops.

I think the drops are random.
What the game's Wiki says is basically what I've always seen happen:

"Skins are collected at random times while playing on a DST server, and the timing is weighted so that users who play an average amount of DST in a week should get a few gifts, and those that play a decent amount should get the full four. The player can get a maximum of 4 skins from random drops per week; this count resets every Thursday around 1pm PST, before Klei's weekly Twitch broadcast."

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Skins

Yeah it's like 4 drops a week, resets on thursday around twitch stream, and time between the drops increases as more drops are opened. I don't think the skin rarity ever changes. During events, all common drops are replaced with Classic Curio Chests, and all classy drops are replaced with a event chest (Winter's Feast or Spring, as of now.)

I'm curious. I know the event ends on the 1st of next month, which also just happens to land on a Thursday which is when the gifts reset. I'm curious, if we play on the 1st, will it be one last chance to get the spring chests or will the event officially be over by then? I'm guessing it'll be over and there's a few things I'm missing and I haven't gotten lucky at all with my chests. I'm wondering if I should weave the things I'm missing now with spools or will I have one last chance at getting lucky with chests.

21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I really hope that doesn't happen to me. I'm attempting to collect one chest from every event, so if I miss out on one due to RNG then I will be very sad.

Good luck! I do the same and got exactely one so long, so I can die starve in peace now.

For Pete's sake open up a separate topic and brag in there with the cool stuff you got and keep this topic about the Year of the Varg and it's updates (are there any? what are we missing?). Thank you.

PS: I'm still salty about crap i get compared to cool stuff you guys get. Have some pity on my nerves please. :)

Edited by cezarica
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, cezarica said:

For Pete's sake open up a separate topic and brag in there with the cool stuff you got and keep this topic about the Year of the Varg and it's updates (are there any? what are we missing?). Thank you.

PS: I'm still salty about crap i get compared to cool stuff you guys get. Have some pity on my nerves please. :)

i agree smh i cant even get a wes skin

24 minutes ago, ZolaRay said:

i agree smh i cant even get a wes skin

That's because of the low chances to get a distinguished or elegant, and you only have a 1 in 12 chance when you do get one. Actually, it would be even less then that due to non-character items in those tiers too. If they're really going to keep this drop system then they need to work on some kind of bias system that increases chances of getting skins for your preferred character, and reduces the chances of duplicate skins in general.

• Like 1

On 22.2.2018 at 4:32 AM, PeterA said:

With the Winter's Feast items, we left the items weaveable, and packs purchasable until the next event went live. You can expect the same this time too.

Will you announce the time till we can weave and purchase the items in advance before it ends? Even if just a week or two? So that we will have time to consider what and when to get. Or should we expect that on they the next event starts and we cannot weave these skins anymore?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alloeble said:

When does the event end? I mean will we still be able to weave Event's Skins tommorrow or next month?

On 22.2.2018 at 4:32 AM, PeterA said:
On 22.2.2018 at 4:29 AM, TranTuanLinh said:

Are those DLC skin pack still purchasable after event end? Or they will be gone after March 1?

With the Winter's Feast items, we left the items weaveable, and packs purchasable until the next event went live. You can expect the same this time too.

• Thanks 2