Klei Weekly Art Stream!

artstream_winona_sm.png

Thanks for your Winona art challenge submissions and behold the completed art piece from last week. As a quick update, today's art stream hosts will be May and Hailey, as Jesse is currently attending GDC. Don't worry, he will be back for next week's show!

Be sure to join us every week on the Klei Twitch channel (4:00 PM PT / 11:00 PM UTC), where we draw Klei game characters/creatures, chat username doodles, and even finish up streams with blindfolded drawings! 

Where is it?
https://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment

Weekly Art Challenge
This week's art challenge is to draw the Giants from Don't Starve Together. Post your submissions on this thread and yours may get featured on next week's art stream!

Hey, I uh...I missed the stream. Also I didn't get to finish my Winona piece in time.

So...what's this week's theme for the uninformed weirdo? :wilson_ecstatic:

Edit: This week's theme be Giants.

Spoiler

...I realized that in the time it would've taken someone to answer my question I could've just found out myself. :wilson_drool:

Giants-themed fanart? I'm drawn towards these, count me in big time

Ok, horrible puns are over, promise.
I noticed that there are four seasonal giants, and normally four suits in a deck of cards...

...I also noticed Dragonfly's head kinda resembles a heart, and that was enough to get me started :3
Here's the result, I guess keeping your base intact through the seasons just wasn't in the cards...
YEAH THE PUNS AREN'T OVER YET, DEAL WITH IT

Spoiler

So...I spent a good chunk of my day drawing a sleeping Yule Broodling. It looked like this:

Spoiler

image.png.8b967fec95eb23aa8abba50a3400907c.png

But unfortunately Sai crashed on me when I tried to save it.

Spoiler

*Screams in Eternal Suffering*

And so I spent the rest of my day trying again. And this was the result:

5c92c1cc740b3_fireyuledragonling2.thumb.png.5052a620395aa0ef078020fa2fe12222.png

Personally I think this one's cuter:

Spoiler

snoot.thumb.png.4c87b2a7fb147875066bd34378f28889.png

image.thumb.png.e71f7982c0b4c139b058df45d85bea26.pngI didn't really have a chance to settle down to draw. I drew the toadstool during the stream but I had a busy three days going from Wilson, NC to Philadelphia. Mutter museum was fun.

image.thumb.png.e130ed73d33f4cadd05f3766237c9a91.png

I don't mean to step on Philin's turf. Just really thought it was coincidental me and Jouste were on vacation. Also gave me a chance to draw Hailey with a accordion knight(i need reference for a future Tom Waits piece).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5dbcc37a9c33a094457933458e983b49.pngimage.thumb.png.00088343795ee1f7846e7c9dd6fbe2d2.png

Who wouldn't need a teeny tiny Toadstool painting in their room?

Toadstool2.png

It's still not finished though. For some reason I decided to use oil paint and it literally takes forever to dry enough to add more detail. I can continue it some day next month if I'm lucky... I'll just post my Toadstool now since I won't be able to finish it in time for the stream anyway.

Here's a bonus Bearger.

Bearger.png

@Ksivoha This thread is for the weekly art streams Klei hosts, and you're only supposed to post art that correlates to the weekly art challenge.

While your artwork of Winnie is adorable, you should probably make an art thread and post it there as it's off-topic here.

BTW, this week's theme/art challenge is Don't Starve Giants, so any giant-related artwork is allowed. :wilson_goodjob:

Hey everyone, we just wanted to give you all a heads-up that starting tomorrow, March 26th, the Weekly Klei Art Streams will be starting at 3:30 PM (Pacific Time) every Tuesday; the same time slot as Thursday Dev Casts.

Not to worry as Jesse will still be hosting the Tuesday art streams, drawing new pieces every week, do doodles based on usernames in chat, and finish off shows with blindfolded drawings.

dst_giants.PNG

That being said, we wanted to thank everyone for their Giants art challenge submissions. Here's the completed art piece from last week's show. Be sure to join us every week on the Klei Twitch channel (3:30 PM PT / 10:30 PM UTC). 

Where is it?
https://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment

Weekly Art Challenge
This week's art challenge is to draw the Poison Birchnut Tree from Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together. Post your submissions on this thread and yours may get featured on next week's art stream!

Archived